M4-2000 or SPR/M4 for Noveske 12.5 inch SBR

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Mitch1352

M4-2000 or SPR/M4 for Noveske 12.5 inch SBR

Post by Mitch1352 »

I am shooting Federal TRU 55-gr ammo (issued, so no other choice). It will be a patrol rifle and can and I won't expect to shoot much over 100 yards. Mainly used for house-clearing, vehicle stops, active shooter scenarios, etc. Anyone that has an SPR/M4 with the MITRE mount? Zero shift issues? Thanx.
este
Silent But Deadly

Re: M4-2000 or SPR/M4 for Noveske 12.5 inch SBR

Post by este »

If it was me, for work, and would only ever go on that gun, I think I would choose the spr.

I really like the look of that on the noveske 12.5". With aac and noveske the function is there, so it's down to form.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Mitch1352 wrote:...It will be a patrol rifle and can and I won't expect to shoot much over 100 yards. Mainly used for house-clearing, vehicle stops, active shooter scenarios, etc. ...
Guessing your patrol rifle has a 16" barrel. If you plan to deploy the rifle complete with suppressor, you're gonna have +22" stick to clear a house or building with...

If your armorer, or whoever has the say so, will give you clearance, I'd suggest starting with at least a 10-1/2 barrel. I use a 10-1/2" barreled Bushmaster with a YHM QD7.62 Phantom. Overall it's the same length as a 16" barreled carbine.

EFC: My bad.. didn't read the post header. I'd still try for a 10-1/2" barrel.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Mitch1352

Post by Mitch1352 »

Nope, it will be a 12.5 inch SBR. Noveske makes the Crusader, which sounds ideal. My department policy does not restrict barrel length, I think much to the dismay of the range staff. As long as I have the proper paperwork, an sbr isn't a problem. I thought about a shorter barrel, but kinda worry about blast damage to the inside of the suppressor. I have played with some 10.5 inch guns, but they felt just a tad too short. I think, for me, the 12.5 will do nicely. Besides, if it doesn't, I can order another!
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

General Rule is SPR/M4 for everything that it will fit on.

Here is my SPR/M4 on my 12.5 Noveske:

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

SPR/M4

On a 12" LWRC M6A2 at the 1M location meters @ 137db for a NSR of about 32.5db.

NFAtalk.org
Mitch1352

Post by Mitch1352 »

Renegade, can I get a pic with the can off? Also, thoughts on your Noveske?
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

For me it would be the spr/m4 if it would fit on all my ar's. I don't shoot my rifles enough to warrant purchasing many rifle suppressors. Since I have a 10.5" noveske, I'll have to run an m4-2k. But if I didn't have any rifles under 12.5", I'd easily chose the spr/m4
JacksonBrowne
Silent But Deadly

Post by JacksonBrowne »

renegade wrote:General Rule is SPR/M4 for everything that it will fit on.

Ditto
07/02 SOT
Mitch1352

Post by Mitch1352 »

For those with the SPR/M4, is it as easy to zero as it appears? That is also an issue for me, since I need the combo to be as accurate as possible. I found a video on YouTube with Mike Mers from AAC and he says that the numbers on the SPR/M4 allow you to dial in the POI. How close is it to what the sights "see"? Is the different POA/POI with the irons/can on close enough and if so, what does "close enough" mean (.5 inch, 2 inches away from the irons, etc)? This ability is the only reason for me to get the SPR/M4.
incognito
Silent Operator

Post by incognito »

I have an SPR/M4 with a 12.5" Noveske with switchblock and that combo is in 6.8SPC. Can and rifle.

I just ordered today an SPR/M4 for my 12.5" 5.56 AR also with Noveske switchblock.

The SPR/M4 rocks. I have experimented with 10.5/10.3 barrels and have sold or in the process of selling them off. 12.5 with SPR/M4 ends up the same length at a 16" carbine. The can is awesome, which is why I'll soon have two of them.

With the 51T mount with MITER, there are 5 indexing points. If you zero with irons and then screw on the can and have a POI shift you can move the can to another of the 5 index points until there is zero shift or close enough to zero. So far I have never really messed with it on my 6.8SPC I never shoot it without the can so I just zeroed the aimpoint red dot and shoot. Plus with the Noveske you need a flip up BUIS and I don't have one yet, but have the Troy rear BUIS, will be getting TROY fronts for both rifles but don't have them yet, so for now using AIMPOINT only.

Last, I would highly recommend you get the barrel with the pinned switchblock. Most AR's are over gassed to begin with because people want out of box reliability instead of a properly gassed gun that may take a couple hundred rounds to break in. Add a can and the rifle is way out of time ejecting brass forward to the 1:00 position. I could never get mine to 5:00 with a can on no matter what buffer/spring/carrier combination I tried. The switchblock cured that. My suppressed 6.8 now ejects brass at 5:00 in a nice little pile. An over gassed gun is hard on parts and will lead to earlier than normal failures. IMO any suppressed rifle should have adjustable gas but that isn't always easy or practical....or cheap. The Noveske with Switchblock isn't cheap, but it does work as advertised.

Get the SPR/M4 and don't look back. The only SBR it won't work on is 10.5 and 11.5 and for me, I ain't ever going back there. If I do, I still have a Gemtech HALO.