First can purchases

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

First can purchases

Post by eastern_hunter »

Guys,

Have been a shooter for more than 40 years. Did some things right (like buying an M16 and an M60 at almost the right time ... 1986), and some things wrong.

Got interested in suppressors and reviewed the current CLEO situation and found I had to go the trust route here now.

Decided that I wanted to go with a 30 cal can for .308, 300 Whisper, and 6.8 SPC II. Have an SAS Arbiter on order (for better or worse). I liked the weight and the strength for the price. Should be to the local dealer almost any time now.

Am interested in a 9mm can for a P229, and a .22 can for a Mosquito.

Local dealer stocks many YHM cans. He is recommending the YHM M2 Cobra 1/2x28 threaded can for the P229 which does have US threads. Is this one a decent choice?

Dealer is offering package deals on the Mosquito with either the YHM Mite or the Bower's Paradigm can. I read bad things about the YHM Mite here and the caution that any 22 can should allow disassembly ... and the Bowers can is sealed. So ... both of these choices are bad?

Thanks from a Newbie!

Mike
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Re: First can purchases

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Mike,

The Silencerco Osprey 9 and AAC Ti-Rant 9 are the current "leaders of the pack" for 9mm cans. They will put the Cobra M2 to shame. Plus YHM had the "run in" with the ATF over selling Cobra mounts seperately, so now you can only get your Cobra in one configuration and THAT'S IT! With most any other 9mm can on the market you can get spare pistons so that you can run you can on multiple hosts (with different thread pitches), you can get a "fixed barrel adapter" that replaces the spring in your booster, etc.

Another can you should look at for 9mm is the SWR Trident. It's a "venerable" design the provides performance VERY CLOSE to the top dogs at about 2/3 the price.

On the .22 can, the Mite is a good value, but better deuce-deuce cans are out there (since you've got to pay the gov. $200 to register it anyway, why not spend a little more on the can and get something that you'll be very happy to own for the rest of your life?!). I would avoid a sealed can - unless your shooting schedule is very mild.

Check out the new stainless steel Sparrow from Silencerco! These are just about to hit the streets and they're the bees knees! Other popular .22 offering are the SWR Spectre, AAC Element or Prodigy, Liberty Kodiak TL or Essence - there are a lot of premium .22 cans to choose from!

Bryon
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Any of the 9mm cans of reasonable size allow use on 9mm subguns as well as 1/2x28 threaded handguns?

Thanks,

Mike
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Hey Mike,
Here's my Multimount on my Mac..I also use it on my P226 and M&P 9mm..Its the same size as the Trident..With the same mounting options..Best option of all is the Liberty Mystic..Monocore take apart can..You can use all the mounts of the Multimount as well as some others, plus its own..It's great to be able to stick it on all kinds of hosts..Mine was made take apart with a stainless blast baffle made by Liberty..Before the Mystic was available.. :cry:

I've got other vids up as well with my rimfire choice.. :D (Oh so yep you can stick those 3 cans on all the hosts you mentioned. Mystic can even do rimfire..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TfArCRux0
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"