dipping aluminium suppressors ?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Re: dipping aluminium suppressors ?

Post by Bowen1911 »

So much contradiction. at least stick to one story.

Liberty did replace the blast baffle on chondro's multi-mount, and put a new endcap with spanner holes or something to take it apart with on it as well.

So I would hesitate to say that Liberty won't touch pistol cans....
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
superdav

Post by superdav »

I tried a new cleaning method today on my .22 mite, engine degreaser, it worked pretty good i then hit it with some CLP and it came out good
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

Post by usp_tactical_45 »

Bowen1911 wrote:So much contradiction. at least stick to one story.

Liberty did replace the blast baffle on chondro's multi-mount, and put a new endcap with spanner holes or something to take it apart with on it as well.

i dont think they will according to my email jiz bag

We can do the removable front cap for you, but that would be all. I am puzzled as to why you have not been contacted, we pride ourselves on customer communication and this is obviously a case of our dropping the ball on communication.

We dont offer retrofits on center-fire pistol cans, we will replace the front cap and if it is possible, we make a removal tool to assist in removing the baffles for cleaning. Also, we make a tool to remove the front cap with as part of the build.

Thank you for your patience,
David

David & Teresa Saylors
Liberty Suppressors

http://libertycans.net
113 Gunsmoke Trail
Trenton, GA. 30752
859-866-4734 Sales & Information
706-657-7944 Main Office Phone
706-229-6400 Fax
[email protected]
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

usp_tactical_45 wrote:
We can do the removable front cap for you, but that would be all. I am puzzled as to why you have not been contacted, we pride ourselves on customer communication and this is obviously a case of our dropping the ball on communication.
We dont offer retrofits on center-fire pistol cans, we will replace the front cap and if it is possible, we make a removal tool to assist in removing the baffles for cleaning. Also, we make a tool to remove the front cap with as part of the build.

David

David & Teresa Saylors
Liberty Suppressors

113 Gunsmoke Trail
Trenton, GA. 30752
706-229-6400 Fax
[email protected]

I think its sad that you come to the forum looking for help and have no problem degrading and calling people names, great way to make a name for yourself and make people eager to help you.

sigh

-B
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

Bendersquint wrote:
usp_tactical_45 wrote:

David

David & Teresa Saylors
Liberty Suppressors

113 Gunsmoke Trail
Trenton, GA. 30752
706-229-6400 Fax
[email protected]

I think its sad that you come to the forum looking for help and have no problem degrading and calling people names, great way to make a name for yourself and make people eager to help you.

sigh

-B

its sad when some one comes to get help and all you want to do is try to call out that they are just making s--t up... like thats all i have time to do is come here and make s--t up...... and then some one asks a question and 5k people hijack it and it goes totally off subject completely

it this is what this web sight is about... then thats fine i wont be here to much longer any way so it dont matter to me how you feel dont like what i have to say then dont visit my threads... i dont have a lot of time for assholes trying to call me out
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

Jizzbag? Now that is just mean. If I recall what I said correctly (which is easy to do since it was typed and quoted), I said that they did some work of Chondro's can, who posted pictures of it here. Thus, not having access to your email made me unaware that Liberty told you they wouldn't do it.

All of the knowledge I had prior to your rather provocative statement would lead anyone to believe that Liberty would do work on pistol silencers.

thats fine i wont be here to much longer any way so it dont matter to me

now this sounds like something a jihadist would say..... :shock:
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

Bowen1911 wrote:Jizzbag? Now that is just mean. If I recall what I said correctly (which is easy to do since it was typed and quoted), I said that they did some work of Chondro's can, who posted pictures of it here. Thus, not having access to your email made me unaware that Liberty told you they wouldn't do it.

All of the knowledge I had prior to your rather provocative statement would lead anyone to believe that Liberty would do work on pistol silencers.

thats fine i wont be here to much longer any way so it dont matter to me
i obviously meant i wouldnt come to the sight much longer but lol ya

now this sounds like something a jihadist would say..... :shock:
JMIS

Post by JMIS »

I called YHM today to ask them about cleaning my YHM Mite. They said take it apart and let it sit in mineral spirits over night. Then use a tooth brush to get what doesn't fall off. :shock: Any thoughts?
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

JMIS wrote:I called YHM today to ask them about cleaning my YHM Mite. They said take it apart and let it sit in mineral spirits over night. Then use a tooth brush to get what doesn't fall off. :shock: Any thoughts?

sounds about right to me i dont see automatic transmission fluid hurting aluminum but i do know it does help clean your transmission which is made of aluminum ( usually ) so why not add that too ?
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

usp_tactical_45 wrote:Image

does this help every one understand what iam talking about ?
jcook119
Silent Operator

Post by jcook119 »

Thanks for the sketch. If I understand what I am seeing correctly, the groove on the underside of the flange slides onto the "key" piece, and then the latch comes down behind the flange to lock it in place. Is that correct? If so, did the original owner say what happened to bend the key piece like that? Did he have a bullet strike the blast baffle/key area?
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

jcook119 wrote:Thanks for the sketch. If I understand what I am seeing correctly, the groove on the underside of the flange slides onto the "key" piece, and then the latch comes down behind the flange to lock it in place. Is that correct? If so, did the original owner say what happened to bend the key piece like that? Did he have a bullet strike the blast baffle/key area?

yes the groove or key way actually slides over the key, their is no tension between the two other then from left and right movement, the key doesnt add any pressure to the barrel.

the round part the key is made into has a taper that matches the umps flange angle. when you set the barrel threw the locking latch the barrel sits against this taper and thats what centers it and the key keeps it from rotating.

when you break the lock tight on the locking end cap to ... say clean every thing when you thread the cap on you have to do what i call setting the tension. what that means is you thread the cap on so far then insert the barrel and finish threading the cap on so tight that the locking "dog" when pressed down will not come back up to lock, as you slowly start backing the cap off it releases that hard tension and the locking dock will snap back up behind the flange, i backed it off so it comes up but will not let the suppressor slide back and forth and by back and forth i ,mean by pushing it back tword the receiver and then pushing it tword the muzzle.

when you take that play out by " setting the tension" that lets you know the angle inside the round part the key is on and the angle on the umps flange are mated vary tight thus your barrel is centered with the suppressors bore.

now your other question. my guess is who ever had this must have though it threaded off, the key was bent to one side so either that or they tried to put the suppressor on with out lining the key and key way up and bashed on it or something. the baffles are free from any strikes