Looking to order a .22 can this weekend.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Looking to order a .22 can this weekend.

Post by GTFord1 »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first suppressor. I've done research, and a lot of reading here lately. The top brands get mentioned time and time again, and I'm sure I can't go "wrong" with any of them.

I'm looking to use a Ruger MkIII as a base, to start off with. I once owned a PS90, and down the line, who knows, I may buy another, or get a Five Seven. So, obviously, I should get a suppressor that's rated for .22LR up to 5.7x28mm.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get a Spectre? Is there anything out there in the short term horizon I should wait for? (I don't have the patience to wait too much longer to order something!) The Spectre seems to be the best thing going at its price point. The cheapest one I've seen on Gunbroker is $450, which is about what I'm looking to spend (maybe some dealers have them even cheaper? I don't know.) I've read the stainless Sparrow is also rated up to 5.7x28, but doesn't it sell for something like $600?

I'm in central Florida, and also curious if anyone in the sphere of Citrus County / Tampa / Orlando recommends any particular place around here to buy, with good prices. Although I'm not averse to ordering one online. There are a couple of class 3 dealers in Ocala that I can transfer to, which is only 20-30 minutes away from me.

Thanks.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking to order a .22 can this weekend.

Post by GoingQuiet »

The stainless sparrow (I Have it in stock as of this writing) MSRP's at $500.

Its a great can in 22 - I can't tell a difference between the classic sparrow in sound. I really like the fact that the new SS sparrow can run 5.7 with an adapter.

I'm also in Melbourne. I can do your Form 4 or I can send it to a dealer closer to you.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I have the swr and it's nice. But if looking today, it would be the stainless sparrow, maybe the element, but it's just so ugly.

However, do yourself a favor and don't order s--t for two more weeks. It's SHOT show and there may be new 22 cans yet to be released.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

I own a Spectre and use it on multiple 22lr hosts, a 17hmr, a five seven and short-barreled p90. I am very satisfied with it. I did however just order a Liberty Kodiak TL because one can is never enough and I would like a suppressor that is a little lighter. The Spectre isn't heavy but when it's on my 10/22 with the tac-sol barrel you can definitely tell it's there. The Spectre is built like a tank and will probably last a few life times.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

este wrote:I have the swr and it's nice. But if looking today, it would be the stainless sparrow, maybe the element, but it's just so ugly.

However, do yourself a favor and don't order s--t for two more weeks. It's SHOT show and there may be new 22 cans yet to be released.
Yeah, I was kinda looking to see if anyone with some non-specific inside information would weigh in. Although, even IF something new is shown at SHOT, doesn't mean it's going to be shipping any time soon. But yeah, I guess it wouldn't be a terrible idea to wait, but then again, how much more can you really refine what's already out? I guess getting lighter and smaller is always a plus.
HILMAN76
Silent But Deadly

Post by HILMAN76 »

It seems as the Spectre fits your needs. I ordered the Kodiak TL, it is not rated for 5.7x28 so that wont work for you if you decide on purchasing another PS90 or 5.7 pistol in the future. For my second can, I do plan on buying the SWR Spectre from Major Malfunctions.
If ya' cant dazzle'em with brilliance, baffle'em with bullshit! 8)
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

The Spectre is a GREAT can. We have them and our prices are much better than you saw!!!
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

este wrote:However, do yourself a favor and don't order s--t for two more weeks. It's SHOT show and there WILL be new 22 cans yet to be released.

Fixed it for ya! :D
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
MAJ MALFUNCTION

GTFord1 wrote:Yeah, I was kinda looking to see if anyone with some non-specific inside information would weigh in.
There are two BRAND-SPANKING-NEW .22 cans that will debut at SHOT!!

I may be allowed to "spill the beans" before SHOT... more to follow. :D
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

To answer your question specifically, no, there is no reason for you NOT to get a Spectre. It's a great can. There are many good .22 options right now.
Kick Ass Design
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

I went with the Specter, with that said I echo the others here: wait for SHOT.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Its rimfire so I have to chime in..if you want to do 5.7 then the Liberty Kodiak..The TL was going to get rated for 5.7 but what we can do as reloaders made it not worth it to do so..

I'd think hard about whether or not your going do 5.7..TL is really nice with the weight (and the tube and sound)..You have John Thedford of NFASales with some TL's just a bit north of you..He has great prices as well..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Yeah, I understand the TL is superior for .22LR only. It's just a what-if for me. I think if I had a Spectre, I'd be tempted to buy a Five Seven just for the reason of the suppressor.
HILMAN76
Silent But Deadly

Post by HILMAN76 »

Chondro wrote:Its rimfire so I have to chime in..if you want to do 5.7 then the Liberty Kodiak..The TL was going to get rated for 5.7 but what we can do as reloaders made it not worth it to do so..

I'd think hard about whether or not your going do 5.7..TL is really nice with the weight (and the tube and sound)..You have John Thedford of NFASales with some TL's just a bit north of you..He has great prices as well..

He should be getting some in about two weeks or less, I have spoken to him and he made an order for the TL's, and the Essence. He sounded Like a very nice guy to deal with. I plan on visiting him once he gets them in so I can check out the Essence. 8)
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

HILMAN76 wrote:
Chondro wrote:Its rimfire so I have to chime in..if you want to do 5.7 then the Liberty Kodiak..The TL was going to get rated for 5.7 but what we can do as reloaders made it not worth it to do so..

He should be getting some in about two weeks or less, I have spoken to him and he made an order for the TL's, and the Essence. He sounded Like a very nice guy to deal with. I plan on visiting him once he gets them in so I can check out the Essence. 8)
Your the guy he ordered the Essence for.. :P Hey its a sweet can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to redo that vid..I forgot about half a dozen points in it..Turn the camera on and my IQ just drops..I should tape a picture of a centerfold to the camera..that would make it easier to talk to.. :D :lol:

HILMAN76
Silent But Deadly

Post by HILMAN76 »

Chondro wrote:
HILMAN76 wrote:

Your the guy he ordered the Essence for.. :P Hey its a sweet can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to redo that vid..I forgot about half a dozen points in it..Turn the camera on and my IQ just drops..I should tape a picture of a centerfold to the camera..that would make it easier to talk to.. :D :lol:

YEP, that would be me :D , I ordered a TL first through the Major, That's still in process, going to get the Essence through John at NFASales, then I want a Spectre, Ill go through the Major for the Spectre. 8) 8) I figured 2011 is going to be a FUN year for me. :P :D :D

Chondro, those videos ya' made sold me on Liberty can suppressors, the sound and ease of cleaning is what I wanted. I figured the Essence will be for my pistols, and the TL for my Rifles. The Spectre will be the extra can so when I have my buddy's around, they have some hearing safe rimfires to blast through. 8)
MAJ MALFUNCTION

We've got a batch of Kodiak TLs and Essence inbound, if anyone is looking for the LOWEST price on one. :D

Bryon
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

No reason not to get the Spectre.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

HILMAN76 wrote:YEP, that would be me :D , I ordered a TL first through the Major, That's still in process, going to get the Essence through John at NFASales, then I want a Spectre, Ill go through the Major for the Spectre. 8) 8) I figured 2011 is going to be a FUN year for me. :P :D :D

Chondro, those videos ya' made sold me on Liberty can suppressors, the sound and ease of cleaning is what I wanted. I figured the Essence will be for my pistols, and the TL for my Rifles. The Spectre will be the extra can so when I have my buddy's around, they have some hearing safe rimfires to blast through. 8)
Good then it came across better than I had hoped..but some of the real good points I overlooked..Hell the sound of the Essence was one..But showing the blast chamber mounted on the pistol without the tube is the best point..How the tube is so untouched..Can't wait for my Mystic..Wouldn't be so concerned..just something in the back of my mind makes me thing this tax stamp thing is gonna change..
Hey I'm getting 2 more TL's this year..Old school fronts though....screw thread protectors.. :lol: I'll get on that as soon as he's done rebuilding another can of mine..I strayed from Liberty and paid the price.. :evil:
My Torch just went pending! :D

Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:We've got a batch of Kodiak TLs and Essence inbound, if anyone is looking for the LOWEST price on one. :D

Bryon
About damn time! :lol:

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Chondro wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:We've got a batch of Kodiak TLs and Essence inbound, if anyone is looking for the LOWEST price on one. :D

Bryon
Been stocking and selling 'em for over a year. :P

This shipment is just our latest batch.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:
Chondro wrote:

Bryon
Been stocking and selling 'em for over a year. :P

This shipment is just our latest batch.
Oh I know you've had them..I've sent guys to you..I just thought you were doing a couple at a time..I like the word "batch" :P No one deserves it more than Liberty..

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Chondro wrote:Oh I know you've had them..I've sent guys to you..
Thanks for the referrals Chondro!! :D

Bryon
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

The closest class 3 dealer to me (A&G Firearms in Ocala) wants $175 to do a dealer to dealer transfer, and $125 even if you buy from them! And I thought the local hometown gunstores around here had bad prices.

Looks like I'll just have to drive to Tampa or Orlando to find a better company.
MAJ MALFUNCTION

GTFord1 wrote:The closest class 3 dealer to me (A&G Firearms in Ocala) wants $175 to do a dealer to dealer transfer, and $125 even if you buy from them!
WOW!! :shock:

That transfer better come with a handjob...