shooting my usc/ump suppressed ( aac defender )

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

shooting my usc/ump suppressed ( aac defender )

Post by usp_tactical_45 »

well today i was at my dealers and put 40 rounds threw it straight, before i get into that I want to thank every one that helped me on the cleaning thread i made, the advice was really helpful thanks.

Well when i got their i had the 50/50 mix of atf and mineral spirits in the suppressor and i drained it and gave it a few quick brushes and then flipped it mounting side down for about 15 min and let every thing drain out of it, i took a paper towel and wiped the inside a little and the out side of the tube where i spilled some, loaded up a 25 round mag and stepped out side and started touching rounds off one every few seconds. I noticed the recoil being a lot less then the last time i shot it, we shot under a high deck so even though it didnt ring my ears it seems loud for a suppressed weapon, putting new baffles in this thing would totally rock.

i would shoot 10 then pass it over to my brother he would shoot 10 and so on, and it seems when your not "on the gun" its a bit quieter then being on the gun, I also think because it was about 25 degrees out side the cold makes things sound louder but that could be false it was also night time another reason it might have sounded loud lol

all and all iam vary proud of the defender, its going to do what i bought it to do and thats is to let me not use ear plugs... iam not on an entry team so even though i could have threaded my barrel and put a tirant on their i would rather have the flange and the "proper" suppressor.

I will do an accuracy test once the form 4 goes threw but even out to 100 yards iam not sure if i would see much of a difference, my usc/ump is sighted in for 50 so.

I also want to bring up a few questions.

1. do suppressed carbines such as mac's and uzi's and such have less felt recoil when suppressed and if so is it a lot or just a small amount ?

2. is the POI shift in a sub gun style can pretty dramatic ? i know its the big thing in precision rifles but in cans made for mp5s and such is their a lot of shift or not much ?

if you have any questions please ask
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Re: shooting my usc/ump suppressed ( aac defender )

Post by brazos609 »

Did you ever get any pics with it taken apart?
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

no but dont fret when the form 4 passes i will be refinishing the suppressor with kg, when i do this i will be taking the suppressor a part and at that time plan on doing a 100 % full review both on how the suppressor works, how to assemble how to break down for cleaning and how to repair, and on top of that ill have some shooting pix it will be a big aac defender blow out
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

I have a Kriss Super V that gives me 6" of downward POI change with a suppressor.
This is at 15 yards.
I also have a Mac 10/45 that has no POI change with a can.
I think a lot is in how the barrel is threaded and concentricity of the bore axis to the suppressor.
jcook119
Silent Operator

Post by jcook119 »

Experiencing less felt recoil could be due to the temperature. Ammo pressure is lower in the cold, plus you are probably wearing thicker clothing. Shoot it again when things warm up. I would expect you to feel more recoil impulse with the can, not less.

As far as POI shift, depends on the can. The Gemtech I have used on mine exhibits about 2 inches low and right at 15 yards. No shift when using it on the 40 barrel though.
usp_tactical_45
Silent But Deadly

okent wrote:I have a Kriss Super V that gives me 6" of downward POI change with a suppressor.
This is at 15 yards.
I also have a Mac 10/45 that has no POI change with a can.
I think a lot is in how the barrel is threaded and concentricity of the bore axis to the suppressor.

I have an hk ump barrel so no threads. why more recoil with suppressed then not ? my evo 45 on my usp gives me less recoil