Tornado Tech, Accepting again?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

finn
Silent But Deadly

Tornado Tech, Accepting again?

Post by finn »

Tornado Tech had an announcement up they weren't accepting orders until yesterday. I don't really want to be one of the hundreds of people who are probably calling them, so does anyone know if they are taking orders again?
Quietly-Effectively
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tornado Tech, Accepting again?

Post by Quietly-Effectively »

I thought their website said not until sometime in March 2011.
YHM 3200
SRT Cheyenne XL, AAC Pilot, Spectre
Trident 9
towerofpower93
Silent Operator

Post by towerofpower93 »

Quietly-Effectively wrote:I thought their website said not until sometime in March 2011.
I hope not. I sent a couple of barrels in before the new year because they said they would be starting back up Jan 10.

Guess well see what they chime in with.

Eric
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

They just updated the site. Damn, they keep moving the date back, I should have sent the barrel off yesterday. :)

Jan 10, Jan 17, March 2011. It's exponential, next update will say March 2012.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Aren't there any local gunsmiths in your area(s)?

I've got a local gunsmith not far from my house. I couldn't imagine having to wait on a thread job.
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

There is one that I know of, and the prices are ridiculous. Also, since it is a sort of specific job (g19 barrel --> g26), I'd rather go with someone who has done this before.

TypeR632 wrote:Aren't there any local gunsmiths in your area(s)?

I've got a local gunsmith not far from my house. I couldn't imagine having to wait on a thread job.
dvanncvann
Silent But Deadly

Post by dvanncvann »

Adco
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end......
CMOS
Silent Operator

Post by CMOS »

For pistols, it might be worth just buying a new threaded barrel rather than waiting. Whats Tornado charge to thread? Shipping both ways? How long without the barrel? How many rounds through your barrel already?
Just sayin....
rugerglocker
Silent Operator

Post by rugerglocker »

I can second ADCO, they did by last bbl very quickly, like a week or two. TT is awesome but sometimes the waiting gets to be be too much. Got my F4 for my .22 can before I got my bbls back.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

rugerglocker wrote:TT is awesome but sometimes the waiting gets to be be too much.
I can vouch for that. I just got my 77/22 barrel back after 6 months. I am very happy with the workmanship. I wish they would expand their operations a bit to keep up with demand. It's not like the demand for silencers/threaded barrels is going to go down anytime soon.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu