What silencer company is the most responsive to customers?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Re: What silencer company is the most responsive to customer

Post by kaotic504 »

JohnDS wrote:The excusal above (kaotic504) to me is frustrating to NO end. I have SEVERAL friends with (or had before selling) 18T M4-1000 and 762SD suppressors. They ALL have had the some problem (backing off a tooth while firing semi auto), several sold their suppressors or don't use them anymore unless it's bench rest shooting on a bolt action. The most notable example I've seen of this problem is as follows:
what did i say to upset you? about Mike and John being very receptive to questions? i didn't make a remark about 18T mounts or suppressors that attach to them. i can relate to your situation as I am one of those that just took home a sealed TiRant, and now they have the take down cans. i was just throwing out other companies names that i've received good customer service from.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

m1garand30064 wrote: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=55691&p=552229&hil ... 62#p552229

I have no reason to believe my dealer was lying to me.
That's cool, it was only a thought....I just wasn't curious enough to wade through another thread to find out. :wink:
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

rockman96 wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=55691&p=552229&hil ... 62#p552229

I have no reason to believe my dealer was lying to me.
That's cool, it was only a thought....I just wasn't curious enough to wade through another thread to find out. :wink:
No problem. That thread also cropped up after I bought the silencer, but it confirmed what my dealer was relaying to me.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
The Punisher

Post by The Punisher »

Although I dont have any experience with SilencerCo, Gemtech or some of the other manufacturers listed here, I have recently dealt with AAC.
I just purchased a TiRant .45 for my NHC/AAC 1911. I contacted them for some info on the overall length of this setup for a holster I am ordering.
Within minutes I had a response from Jason informing he was forwarding my request to John and Mike. John, replied back with measurements within the hour and also some recommendation on using the shorter piston on my setup.
When the emails were done and all my questions answered, John called me up and took my order for the shorter piston for the TiRant.

There were 11 email follow up's from Jason, John and Mike which all stemmed from my original email. What impressed me most was their enthusiasm to answer my questions and willingness to share information with me.

Most companies will take your calls and answer your initial emails promptly. But I have dealt with very few who will go out of their way to make sure you understand, and all your questions and concerns are resolved.

I see AAC get bashed quite a bit on the forums and then I also see some of those same bashers turn around and make requests like "will you convert my TiRant that I bought in 2010 to the user serviceable model? If you don't, i wont buy another product from AAC!"
If AAC decides to take care of those customer and convert the Tirant to the user serviceable model, do you think these same bashers will come back and post something positive? maybe a thank you...
Si vis pacem, para bellum
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoser »

Retooferab wrote:You would be hard pressed to find a suppressor company with better customer service than Thunder Beast Arms. I got my 30P-1 stuck on a barrel and emailed Zak on a Sunday and had a reply within a few minutes. I am glad I bought a TBAC suppressor. I looked at all the brands before I bought. Zak answered every email I sent quick.
The guys at TBAC are good dudes.

They can be found out supporting different shooting competitions and competing in them as well.

Always willing to offer tips on shooting as well as questions on NFA stuff (not just cans.)
GRANDPA07
Silent But Deadly

Post by GRANDPA07 »

There are complaints and praises of any manufacturer. Obviously the more items a maunfacturer produces the more complaints you will hear, which by human nature, outplays the praises. Generally mom and pop shops excell at resolving individual complaints while larger producers excell at resolving volume complaints. Larger producers do seem to develop CS patterns or policies that are not always as flexable as the little guy.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

I would have to agree with this. I have 4 cans, a AAC M4-2000 (06), SWR Omega 30, SWR HEMS II, and a Trident9 all purchased in that order. I've used the M4-2000 for plenty of 22LR without issue, and then I can shoot full power 5.56 in it as well. It also reduces muzzle climb, recoil, and increases accuracy. I'd say its a hard call between the Trident 9 and the Omega 30 as my favorite cans. A suppressed bolt action 308 is just amazing to shoot. 22LR is cool but its pretty hard to shoot steel at 400+ yards with one. I let a girl shoot the .308 at a credit card at 250 yards and she hit it first shot, and this from someone who had never shot anything more then a 22LR or airgun in her life.

I'll be picking up a 22LR can this year but I love my centerfire cans.

As for manufacturers.. I always loved SWRs service but AAC has treated me really well too. I was having issues with the SOPMOD FH and they sent me a new model to test and let me keep it (and it worked much better. still sticks some but much less so).
JohnInNH wrote:
psp7 wrote:david, I hear what you say, but to me centerfire rifle cans are worthless. I only care about subsonic rimfire and centerfire pistol cans that are ACTUALLY QUIET :mrgreen: Leave .223 and .308 cans to the military :)
I would not say worthless.

Of the 3 ... Prodigy, 45 Osprey, Evo-9, and a Cyclone-K, the Cyclone has the most round count. (223, 308 & 260 Rem), followed by the Prodigy

I find the AAC Cyclone is as far from "useless" as you can get. It is versatile and plays a role in 30 subsonic at movie quiet, and then on my 308 and 260 with full power to reduce the muzzle blast and recoil, and finally on my AR-15 and M16A1 platforms. It will make Wolf ammo run full auto flawlessly due to to the increased gassing, (even the bolt hold open after the last shot works!)

My Cyclone is the single MOST useful silencer I own.. Well maybe until the Mystic and SS Sparrow arrive..

Dave.... Re.. Evo-9... Have you soaked the base of the can in Kroil yet? I have some you can use if you don't have any... I bet if we put the base in 1" of it in a glass in 2 days it will come out OK. PB blaster is supposed to be good too. They have it down the road at Tractor supply if you want some.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
JohnDS
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnDS »

kaotic504 wrote:
JohnDS wrote:The excusal above (kaotic504) to me is frustrating to NO end. I have SEVERAL friends with (or had before selling) 18T M4-1000 and 762SD suppressors. They ALL have had the some problem (backing off a tooth while firing semi auto), several sold their suppressors or don't use them anymore unless it's bench rest shooting on a bolt action. The most notable example I've seen of this problem is as follows:
what did i say to upset you? about Mike and John being very receptive to questions? i didn't make a remark about 18T mounts or suppressors that attach to them. i can relate to your situation as I am one of those that just took home a sealed TiRant, and now they have the take down cans. i was just throwing out other companies names that i've received good customer service from.
Sorry - apparently when I'm seeing red kaotic and rockman read the same :oops: I went through and read the background info threads posted and saw the same situation I'd seen friends go through.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

JohnDS wrote:
kaotic504 wrote:
That sucks. Mine never does that on any of the 3 mounts I have for it. They did a product improvement, and we bought first.. (shrug). Maybe I'm used to it from the computer industry though. If you complain about new features being added you'd get really angry at computer companies. I often have new stuff hit the market from the time I order mine to the time it gets to my house. :?

I notice AAC often develops stuff first, prices it out of this world, and then someone else comes along makes something nearly as good or just as good, but cheaper, and then AAC adjusts to stay competitive. A good example is the .338 suppressor that's now available in SS for darn near 1000$. Buying a good quality .338 and suppressor to go with it used to be a 6,000$+ project. Now with a savage and AAC's .338 can its a 3000$ project (minus glass and ammo). I have to admit, I'd be crying had I bought a setup like that a couple years ago (even though it would be the Ti can, thats still a monster price difference for something most people are not concerned about in a rifle that size).

Still, if its backing off to the point of messing up POA or baffle impacts then it should be fixed. I suspect AAC would do something to help you out. I do wish I could still "upgrade" mine for cheaper then a whole new can for a grand. :( I'd probably do it.

This space for rent.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

bp_968 wrote:I notice AAC often develops stuff first, prices it out of this world, and then someone else comes along makes something nearly as good or just as good, but cheaper, and then AAC adjusts to stay competitive. A good example is the .338 suppressor that's now available in SS for darn near 1000$.
This is not completely true, the biggest factor in price cuts is gov or mil contracts and the resulting economies of scale. the Ti-RANT price drop coincided with a Navy contract, and the TITANs price drops are tied to the Army's XM2010 selection. Of course pricing competitively is always a concern, but producing the best product possible is the main goal.

And yes, the TITAN-SS is a smokin deal.
Kick Ass Design
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

IMHO............

Who gives customers what they want?

Examples:

Take apart cans from the factory vs a customer having to cancel thier warranty if they open it?

Who lets you send in your old baffles for new SS / Ti baffles? Who doesn't let you exchange your baffles at all?

Cans that can be dipped? Cans that can be used on multiple calibers? Provides Db reduction data to customers? Repairs all thier cans, not just current ones, but even old ones from years ago?

Who honors thier warranty? Who is willing to repair damaged cans? Who still offers upgrades to your old cans? Etc..............

It's tough to do all these things, it requires a lot of time. Customers love new products and love innovation in this field, but when your can gets screwed up, who will makes sure you are happy................this is much more important to me today then it was wen I first started. When you have a FML moment with your can, will it all be made ok again?
NFAtalk.org
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

JasonAAC wrote:
bp_968 wrote:I notice AAC often develops stuff first, prices it out of this world, and then someone else comes along makes something nearly as good or just as good, but cheaper, and then AAC adjusts to stay competitive. A good example is the .338 suppressor that's now available in SS for darn near 1000$.
This is not completely true, the biggest factor in price cuts is gov or mil contracts and the resulting economies of scale. the Ti-RANT price drop coincided with a Navy contract, and the TITANs price drops are tied to the Army's XM2010 selection. Of course pricing competitively is always a concern, but producing the best product possible is the main goal.

And yes, the TITAN-SS is a smokin deal.
I probably just worded myself incorrectly Jason. Thanks to various issues I barely sleep anymore and its not near as handy a skill as you might think it is. :? And your right, the more you make of something, the cheaper it can get, at least to a certain extent. And yes, the titanSS is sick and evil. My wallet is bleeding every time I think about it. :mrgreen:

And to jump slightly off topic for a quick rant, If you look over the military's expenditures we have all these crazy outrageous things (say for example billion dollar aircraft) yet we are *STILL* playing "patch that gun problem" with the M16/M4. The platform has proven itself as very reliable and accurate, its the caliber that sucks. Why don't we just suck it up, not build a couple of billion dollar planes, and switch those poor guys and girls out there to something solid and useful like the 6.8, a 6.5mm size or even the 300AAC (from what I am reading about that it looks like its better then 5.56 in almost every way).

They want shorter and shorter guns and keep trying to shoe horn into it a varmit bullet, with powder designed for a 20" rifle.

This space for rent.
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Post by solitary.phoenix »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:IMHO............

Who gives customers what they want?

Examples:

Take apart cans from the factory vs a customer having to cancel thier warranty if they open it?

Who lets you send in your old baffles for new SS / Ti baffles? Who doesn't let you exchange your baffles at all?

Cans that can be dipped? Cans that can be used on multiple calibers? Provides Db reduction data to customers? Repairs all thier cans, not just current ones, but even old ones from years ago?

Who honors thier warranty? Who is willing to repair damaged cans? Who still offers upgrades to your old cans? Etc..............

It's tough to do all these things, it requires a lot of time. Customers love new products and love innovation in this field, but when your can gets screwed up, who will makes sure you are happy................this is much more important to me today then it was wen I first started. When you have a FML moment with your can, will it all be made ok again?

1+

Smart manufacturers will pay attention to what Arevalo just said. Look at the sh*tstorms that have been caused by customers who feel they haven't been treated right. It doesn't take much badmouthing to start a fire and cause damage to a public reputation that takes years and alot of ajax to scrub off. And these are the people who are VOCAL- how many future customers just keep their mouth shut and buy from a competitor if they've read/heard something that displaces their trust in a company's customer service/support?