2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Are you going to the Silencer Shoot this year?

Yes
34
49%
No
35
51%
 
Total votes: 69

User avatar
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: miami, florida

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by delta9mda » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 am

thanks for the reply.

the majority of the really good stuff went to "internet" raffle people last time.

im not all about the free stuff and i was at and will be at the shoot(s) regardless. but if you are going to raffle for whatever it is for (and i gladly bought tickets to support ww) then people that "bothered" to come all the way there should have a chance.

i had a freaking great time at 08 and 09 and have been counting the days till the next one.
NP

User avatar
Paledaddy
Elite Member
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:17 pm
Location: Stockholm/Sweden

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Paledaddy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 am

I will be there !!

Aaaaalllllll the way from Sweden *lol*

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]

paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 4678
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Artesia, NM

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by paco ramirez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 am

Paledaddy wrote:I will be there !!

Aaaaalllllll the way from Sweden *lol*

Pd
Bring the bikini team :D

User avatar
rivercityrats
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 am

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by rivercityrats » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 am

Where is it being held
Non Hyphenated American

User avatar
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: miami, florida

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by delta9mda » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 am

read the first page.
NP

chainring
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by chainring » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Sucks to not win, but it's simple odds. There's a s--t ton more people that bought tickets that COULDN"T come, than there were who did and could! Every time a ticket sells, your odds get worse. It's not that anyone's odds are better, there's just a bigger crowd on the internet than at the shoot. So far, I haven't been able to come, but I DO buy tickets! And I'll be grumpy if there's a raffle I can't enter just because 6 kids and a family business keeps me from attending! :P
delta9mda wrote:thanks for the reply.

the majority of the really good stuff went to "internet" raffle people last time.

im not all about the free stuff and i was at and will be at the shoot(s) regardless. but if you are going to raffle for whatever it is for (and i gladly bought tickets to support ww) then people that "bothered" to come all the way there should have a chance.

i had a freaking great time at 08 and 09 and have been counting the days till the next one.

User avatar
Kenny_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 am

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Kenny_SilencerCo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm

SILENCERCO will be there!
Kenny Bozich

SILENCERCO
Social Media Director
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
5511 South 6055 West
West Valley City, UT 84118

(801) 417-5384 o
(801) 417-5002 f

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by 82nd airborne » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Delta Company Arms, LLC will be there, giving guns to the needy.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.

User avatar
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7693
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: AZ

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Twinsen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I was planning on it, but I think I'd rather use the vacation time to go home and see my friends and family.

User avatar
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Kevin/AAC » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:19 pm

SWR and Liberty have tables in the vendor sections. Remington, KAC, Leupold, etc. are sponsoring the event and will be there in force...along with AAC. :D
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com

John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:19 am
Location: Mena, AR

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by John Titsworth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 am

Silencer Research will be there...probably testing silencers and letting anyone shoot all of our stuff. Come and have fun!

User avatar
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by James DeGroat » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:43 am

I'll try and be there, but no promises.
Last edited by James DeGroat on Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by 82nd airborne » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:22 am

We are giving away our integrally suppressed AR-15 side charge upper in 300 BLK, with a 15" samson evolution rail, along with some other stuff.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.

User avatar
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Ctaylor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll have a place to crash, so as long as that holds I'm coming!

paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 4678
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Artesia, NM

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by paco ramirez » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Sounds like there will be a bunch more stuff to raffle off this year :D

Mark your calendars folks...

User avatar
Wicked
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:15 am
Location: Dayton, OH
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Wicked » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm

John Titsworth wrote:Silencer Research will be there...probably testing silencers and letting anyone shoot all of our stuff. Come and have fun!
John,

I know there are many home-brew suppressor builders like myself who have no idea how well their cans actually perform, or don't. There just isn't an avenue to get this kind of stuff 'officially' tested.

Not sure how much trouble it is - but if you are going to be there and set-up to conduct testing, would you consider coordinating or even sponsoring a "Form 1 Suppressor Test or Competition" type thing? Just for braggin' rights. A small entry fee could be charged to help offset some of your costs if necessary. It might even be something you could use as a feature on your site. It would be a great way to generate interest and provide education about Form 1 suppressor construction.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons

John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:19 am
Location: Mena, AR

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by John Titsworth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 pm

I think that is a good idea. How much interest would there be?

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by 82nd airborne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Wicked wrote:
John Titsworth wrote:Silencer Research will be there...probably testing silencers and letting anyone shoot all of our stuff. Come and have fun!
John,

I know there are many home-brew suppressor builders like myself who have no idea how well their cans actually perform, or don't. There just isn't an avenue to get this kind of stuff 'officially' tested.

Not sure how much trouble it is - but if you are going to be there and set-up to conduct testing, would you consider coordinating or even sponsoring a "Form 1 Suppressor Test or Competition" type thing? Just for braggin' rights. A small entry fee could be charged to help offset some of your costs if necessary. It might even be something you could use as a feature on your site. It would be a great way to generate interest and provide education about Form 1 suppressor construction.

Id compete! And John, if you would sponsor it, I could donate a prize to the best one!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.

User avatar
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7693
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: AZ

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Twinsen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:57 am

For anyone interested, there was TONS of free stuff handed out at the 2009 one. I didn't bring anything home, but John Titsworth let me try out an SWR Spectre. Unless they decide that is illegal, in which case, he didn't.

User avatar
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 3786
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:09 pm
Location: OKLAHOMA

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 am

Kevin/AAC wrote:SWR and Liberty have tables in the vendor sections. Remington, KAC, Leupold, etc. are sponsoring the event and will be there in force...along with AAC. :D
From talking with some of the other manufacturers, I believe that YHM, Surefire and Silencerco are also planning on doing vendor tables! :D
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only

AAC Special Projects
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by AAC Special Projects » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Hey everybody. I'm organizing everything for the Silencer Shoot as we speak. I've been in touch with a lot of manufacturers, dealers, and exhibitors, and I can definitely say that this year is going to be the best shoot yet.

As of right now, the registered sponsors (returned paperwork) are: AAC, Remington, Major Malfunction, Leatherman, Nighthawk Custom, Bushmaster, Bullseye, and the Gun Trust Lawyer.

Additionally, Silencerco, Liberty, and SWR are registered in the vendors area.

This is nowhere close to a finalized list, and again only includes those companies who have returned their paperwork. I can say that I've been in contact with Delta Company Arms, Innovative Arms, and Silent Industries about coming, and we expect to have them exhibiting. I don't want to comment on anyone else who hasn't posted about it, but I have at the very least attempted to contact every silencer manufacturer that I could think of. Here's the list:

-Delta Company Arms, Innovative Arms, Silencerco, Liberty Suppressors, SWR, Surefire, Elite Iron, Gemtech, Yankee Hill, AWC, HTG Silencers, SRT Arms, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Quicksilver, Shark Suppressors, Tactical Innovations, DeGroat Tactical, Ops Inc., Coastal, Griffin Armament, John's Guns, Tactical Solutions, Troy Industries, and Red Jacket Firearms.

Who am I missing? Also, let me know if y'all have any questions about the shoot. I'll be happy to answer.
Knox Williams
Special Projects
Advanced Armament Corp.
[email protected]
(770) 925-9988 x 103

yamatitan
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by yamatitan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 pm

AAC Special Projects wrote:Hey everybody. I'm organizing everything for the Silencer Shoot as we speak. I've been in touch with a lot of manufacturers, dealers, and exhibitors, and I can definitely say that this year is going to be the best shoot yet.

As of right now, the registered sponsors (returned paperwork) are: AAC, Remington, Major Malfunction, Leatherman, Nighthawk Custom, Bushmaster, Bullseye, and the Gun Trust Lawyer.

Additionally, Silencerco, Liberty, and SWR are registered in the vendors area.

This is nowhere close to a finalized list, and again only includes those companies who have returned their paperwork. I can say that I've been in contact with Delta Company Arms, Innovative Arms, and Silent Industries about coming, and we expect to have them exhibiting. I don't want to comment on anyone else who hasn't posted about it, but I have at the very least attempted to contact every silencer manufacturer that I could think of. Here's the list:

-Delta Company Arms, Innovative Arms, Silencerco, Liberty Suppressors, SWR, Surefire, Elite Iron, Gemtech, Yankee Hill, AWC, HTG Silencers, SRT Arms, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Quicksilver, Shark Suppressors, Tactical Innovations, DeGroat Tactical, Ops Inc., Coastal, Griffin Armament, John's Guns, Tactical Solutions, Troy Industries, and Red Jacket Firearms.

Who am I missing? Also, let me know if y'all have any questions about the shoot. I'll be happy to answer.
Invite shooters depot a lot of people would love to hear their cans. lol

paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 4678
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Artesia, NM

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by paco ramirez » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm

I assume Trey and the gang are planning on attending in their awesome costumes...

Image

User avatar
Paledaddy
Elite Member
Posts: 1476
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:17 pm
Location: Stockholm/Sweden

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by Paledaddy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 am

Nice costumes they are sporting, winner for sure :D

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]

User avatar
JasonAAC
Industry Professional
Posts: 2993
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: 2011 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Post by JasonAAC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

yamatitan wrote:Invite shooters depot a lot of people would love to hear their cans. lol
They were invited on here, but not surprisingly, no response.
Kick Ass Design

Post Reply