March Outdoor Life... NFA goin mainstream?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

glocker17
Silent But Deadly

March Outdoor Life... NFA goin mainstream?

Post by glocker17 »

Anyone read this issue yet. Wow. Suppressors in Outdoor Life, wouldnt have seen that a couple of years ago. Also has mention of hunting with a can! Several photos of suppressed rifles in use as well.

We have come a long way in the last couple of years.

Blake
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: March Outdoor Life... NFA goin mainstream?

Post by silencertalk »

Remington is lobbying the govt to promote relaxing suppressor laws.
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

Worked some magic in NY all ready
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

silencertalk wrote:Remington is lobbying the govt to promote relaxing suppressor laws.

That's GREAT finally a big corporation with the money and clout to possibly get this done.
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

silencertalk wrote:Remington is lobbying the govt to promote relaxing suppressor laws.
I could only imagine the out crys from the likes of Feistein, Schumer, McCarthy etc if there was ever a push to make a can just like buying a title 1 firearm. Oh the horror.
Heck I remember the first time I ever heard about cans being legal was in the 1986 GunDigest and that was shocking
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

The increase in Forms filed with the ATF has been going up exponentially...Forget the numbers, but it suggests mainstream.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I'm liking Remington's lobbying efforts more than the NRA at this point.
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Post by solitary.phoenix »

Most casual shooters and fudds that I run into now understand that silencers are legal to own. Maybe not the particulars of ownership, but almost everyone in the shooting circles around here knows someone who has a suppressor. In a way, I think it's great. Part of me is a bit selfish though and I like being special- having "special" toys to impress people with.

Sooner or later, silencers will become much more mainstream in criminal/ghetto/gang use. They're the new fashionable, "cool" thing among shooters and this will not go unnoticed. They do have certain tactical, strategic advantages. People who aren't afraid to deal in crack cocaine are not afraid to be caught with NFA violations. A rare few of them may not have a discovered criminal history.

Add to this that most non-gun people are much more afraid of silenced "military-style" weapons than they are of "normal" guns. Crips/bloods/MS-13/etc would love to capitalize on this fear as a way to further impress their "badassery" and perception of power on to people. Or perhaps reassure themselves of said badassery. I already see thugs decked out in their gangsta head-rags, oversized clothing and gang affiliated tattoos/insignia walking around gun stores handling AKs and ARs while they eyeball other men's wives. I sure as hell don't want to think of these same misguided youts with a silenced AR or pistol. Or think of the increasing percentage of gang members who take firearms training seriously.

I in no way support regulation of silencers, automatic weapons or any of the current NFA laws. I do, however despise the wretched elements of our society who trounce on the freedoms that we fight hard every day to keep. We go through all of these background checks and red tape, spend tens of thousands on a pre-86...and they just buy illegal auto weapons via Mexico. I recall one gang member who bragged that his friend had an RPG. WTF? They heartily believe in their own superiority and do NOT want to be one-upped in terms of firepower. More of them are waking up to the need for paramilitary training. These aren't people who support the constitution- or who support our nation farther than voting for a black president. These are people who are loyal to their gang, it's teachings and will use any and all means to further it's interests.

The threat will continue to evolve, bad guys will yet become much more advanced than they are today. There will be more of them and they will be better trained. They won't just adapt to us- They will learn from us.
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

solitary.phoenix wrote: I recall one gang member who bragged that his friend had an RPG. WTF?
(...) and do NOT want to be one-upped in terms of firepower.
Good, sounds like they got 2A down pat. Thats a start
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

CThomas wrote:
I could only imagine the out crys from the likes of Feistein, Schumer, McCarthy etc if there was ever a push to make a can just like buying a title 1 firearm. Oh the horror.
Heck I remember the first time I ever heard about cans being legal was in the 1986 GunDigest and that was shocking
Perhaps it could be pointed out to the triadic cynosures of virtue, in between their frenetic quest for
cash from donors, that each can sold represents $200.00 to the Government coffers, manufacturing job
increase in America, oops, I hope this has not become a politically unacceptable word in liberal circles, saving
hearing which in turn reduces medical care costs, and just makes sense.

When President Mike Huckabee gets elected and Harry The Pious Reid becomes minority leader in the Senate,
after our unlimited gas fields and oil fields are finally opened up under a new Manhattan Project of course, he passes
an Executive Order [ the Teleprompter-In-Chief empty suit has shown that a President now can bypass Congress and rule by fiat while
the lame stream media now champions it :) ] directing EPA to rule that all firearms be made suppressor accessible for safety
and noise reduction.

As the comedienne Judy Tenuta used to intone " ... it could happen". :) :)