suppressor on the sig 522

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jackson
Silent But Deadly

suppressor on the sig 522

Post by jackson »

just picked up my SWR Spectre and was wanting to know if you need to use a shim at the end of the barrel for the threads.i order,ed some from the silencer store but was,nt sure if i needed them or not.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: suppressor on the sig 522

Post by Bendersquint »

jackson wrote:just picked up my SWR Spectre and was wanting to know if you need to use a shim at the end of the barrel for the threads.i order,ed some from the silencer store but was,nt sure if i needed them or not.

No need to shim it since its already a 22lr and its a Spectre and its designed to handle a regular 556 length threads.

22lr threads should be about .40" length and 556 threads should be around .6-.620 in length.

You are fine, good choice of can by the way, you will love it.

-B
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

thanks very much.just thought i should check first.
fsteinba

Post by fsteinba »

I use a Spectre on my Sig 522 and I'll probably get a spacer so that I can swap the Spectre from my P22 to the Sig without stopping to clean the Spectre threads. I never shoot less than a hundred (200?) rounds and that puts enough crud in the threads that it doesn't want to go onto the Sig.
mike_0120
Silent But Deadly

Post by mike_0120 »

FYI, my suppressed Sig 522 is HANDS DOWN the most fun to shoot. Love it.

Mine is sporting a YHM Wraith.
RFmissile
Silent Operator

Post by RFmissile »

My Boys and I run a Spectre on our Sig 522. Our first time out with it we put 600 rds through it switching between the Sig, a 10-22 (with an ER Shaw YHM threaded barrel) and a Ruger Mk II with TAC-SOL Pac Lite upper.

There was a slight build up of lead on the threads of the Spectre from the Pac Lite barrel, but we were still able to screw it on both the Sig and the 10-22. We have the spacers from the Silencer store but have not found it necessary to use them yet.

I cleaned the Spectre after shooting the 600 rds (it didn't really need to be cleaned) so maybe we will be able to get by on our next time out!

Going out into the Desert again this weekend, maybe we'll put 1K or more through her! We got the AT Action target Rimfire Dueling tree steel target, should be fun ringing steel with the .22's. This target weighs about 35 lbs and is very sturdy. We painted the targets flourescent orange and green. You can get a 15% discount if you use "nutnfancy15" The discount basically pays for the shipping.
ΜΟΛΩÎ
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

well i have my Spectre screwed on my 522 i just need to look down the barrel an see if everything looks ok before i take it out.
deputydog95

Post by deputydog95 »

So is this normal?

I have a 522 swat edition with a Spectre 2 can.

This is my first suppressor.

The flash hider cam right off, no problem.

But the can does not seat against the barrel shoulder. Sits about 2-3mm off. Whereas the flash hider sits right against the shoulder.

I'm mounted the back cap of the can by itself, no obstructions and threads smoothly as far as the back cap will let it.

Suggestion?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

deputydog95 wrote:So is this normal?

I have a 522 swat edition with a Spectre 2 can.

This is my first suppressor.

The flash hider cam right off, no problem.

But the can does not seat against the barrel shoulder. Sits about 2-3mm off. Whereas the flash hider sits right against the shoulder.

I'm mounted the back cap of the can by itself, no obstructions and threads smoothly as far as the back cap will let it.

Suggestion?
Your barrel is not properly threaded.