Gotta give props to Silencerco CS. I had a minor cosmetic

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Gavin S.
Silent Operator

Gotta give props to Silencerco CS. I had a minor cosmetic

Post by Gavin S. »

issue with my Osprey9 and they said send it in. I called today to make sure it arrived and get Mike Pappas on the phone and he's just finishing up fixing it. Mike then calls me later today to tell me it's GTG and shipping out UPS right away. We talked for a bit about this and that. Really nice guy. Now that's customer service. I have 2 of their cans and will definitely buy a rifle can when they come out. BTW, the issue was the cam lever was tweeked a bit. Didn't effect performance at all. I should add that the can arrived was fixed and shipped back out the same day. :mrgreen: Image
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gotta give props to Silencerco CS. I had a minor cosmeti

Post by psp7 »

If its just cosmetic then whats the point of tying up their workload some more? Our Ospreys are lifetime warranty, so why not wait until a real issue occurs and then dovetail the cosmetic surgery issue to send it back:? My unrefined early sub 100 serial# Osprey 45 mount isnt perfectly flush with the housing but thats hardly a reason to send it back as it doesnt affect performance. Josh at Silencerco said they'd start upgrading sparrows last month from the october announcement, but now they are so busy because of menial tasks like this that sparrows are put on the backburner. Its great they have awesome customer service and I hope they can maintain it and not go the way of other companies and see the customer as a pain in the ass. :wink:
Gavin S.
Silent Operator

Post by Gavin S. »

psp7 wrote:If its just cosmetic then whats the point of tying up their workload some more? Our Ospreys are lifetime warranty, so why not wait until a real issue occurs and then dovetail the cosmetic surgery issue to send it back:? My unrefined early sub 100 serial# Osprey 45 mount isnt perfectly flush with the housing but thats hardly a reason to send it back as it doesnt affect performance. Josh at Silencerco said they'd start upgrading sparrows last month from the october announcement, but now they are so busy because of menial tasks like this that sparrows are put on the backburner. Its great they have awesome customer service and I hope they can maintain it and not go the way of other companies and see the customer as a pain in the ass. :wink:
Wow, you're a dick.You know that? First of all, they wanted me to send it in. Probably because they take pride in what they produce and don't find that "cosmetic" issue acceptable. Secondly, I paid a lot of money for the can and I want it to look good too. Here's a smiley emoticon to give the impression it's all good. :)
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Is that pic before or after? If its before Im not seeing it as that big of a deal. If its after looks like the lever is a little off still.
Gavin S.
Silent Operator

Post by Gavin S. »

yamatitan wrote:Is that pic before or after? If its before Im not seeing it as that big of a deal. If its after looks like the lever is a little off still.
It is before. There was a mechanical problem that was causing the lever to not sit flush I just didn't feel the need to mention it. The surface the cam locked down on was a little out of spec and consequently it was very difficult to open and close the lever. Opening it required a table edge or some such. I agree the cosmetic issue was not huge, but Kenny was quick to say send it in when he saw that picture. The lever is supposed to sit flush and look almost seamless. I guess I should have mentioned that so PSP7 wouldn't have felt like I was causing a work stoppage at S-Co with a niggling cosmetic issue and I apologize to him for resorting to name calling in reaction to his post. But I will say this. If you bought a $700...well anything, let's just say a pistol, and it worked fine but came with a gouge out of the slide, Wouldn't you want it made right? I understand that people are waiting for their Sparrow upgrades, but I very much doubt that dealing with this Osprey caused any slow down there. I don't know.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Ok that makes sense, let us know how it functions when you get it back. I havnt got my form 4 back for mine yet but when I was playing with it at the dealer I had to use my knife to get the lever open. Personally im happy with this because im sure its gonna work loose and I would rather it stay pretty snug then to start falling open while shooting.
malysh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by malysh »

I really don't see what business it is of anybody else if this gent wanted to send it back the mfg.

You really are rude.
Malysh
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

My demo can is like this. It works fine but to each their own.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

malysh wrote:I really don't see what business it is of anybody else if this gent wanted to send it back the mfg.

You really are rude.
True that..someone or some people are always gonna throw in their stupid ass 2 cents that nobody asked for.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Wyatt9k wrote:
malysh wrote:I really don't see what business it is of anybody else if this gent wanted to send it back the mfg.

You really are rude.
True that..someone or some people are always gonna throw in their stupid ass 2 cents that nobody asked for.
Seriously didn't know the point of a discussion board was to not discuss......
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

yamatitan wrote: Seriously didn't know the point of a discussion board was to not discuss......
:roll: Yea..discussing about whether or not the OP should or shouldnt have sent his item that he paid alot for that he is unsatisfied with is a real good discussion. He was just giving kudos to the Silencerco customer service, not to hear criticism from someone about "its tying up their workload" why did you send it back, thats nothing it still works, etc etc.. type of answer. Yea thats some discussion.. :roll:
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Wyatt9k wrote:
yamatitan wrote: Seriously didn't know the point of a discussion board was to not discuss......
:roll: Yea..discussing about whether or not the OP should or shouldnt have sent his item that he paid alot for that he is unsatisfied with is a real good discussion. He was just giving kudos to the Silencerco customer service, not to hear criticism from someone about "its tying up their workload" why did you send it back, thats nothing it still works, etc etc.. type of answer. Yea thats some discussion.. :roll:
Actually it is and if you cant take someones opinion then I dont recommend starting threads on a public forum.
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

Nothing wrong with having something fixed that was a little out of spec. Good for him and Silencerco. End of story.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

ThePatriot wrote:Nothing wrong with having something fixed that was a little out of spec. Good for him and Silencerco. End of story.
Roger that! Thanks for sharing your positive customer service experience!
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

ThePatriot wrote:Nothing wrong with having something fixed that was a little out of spec. Good for him and Silencerco. End of story.
I wont disagree with that and silencerco rocks.
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

yamatitan wrote:
shut the F--k up :roll:
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Wyatt9k wrote:
yamatitan wrote:
shut the F--k up :roll:
lol panties too tight man? You should really lighten up not healthy to be so grumpy all the time.