Current Wait times for Transfers?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

The Crow
Silent Operator

Current Wait times for Transfers?

Post by The Crow »

Recently sent in forms for a Spectre. Can anyone offer the current expected wait time for the transfer process? Last form I did took about 9 weeks but that has been some time ago.
Humpty Dumpty was Pushed!
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Current Wait times for Transfers?

Post by FB3 »

There have been several questions like this recently. What it boils down to is who the examiner is and how much work is backed up at the time. I think most people have been experiencing 10 to 12 week waiting time for the return of the Form 4.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Jason (the examiner) told me 6-8 weeks last week. This is from the time they cash your check.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
msr
Silent Operator

Post by msr »

Mine just ran 11 weeks.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Just got one back from Jason Frushour in 13 wks.
http://www.nfatracker.com/Default.aspx
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

Picked it up last week, Dana Pickles 4 1/2 months :oops:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
fstbk65
Silent But Deadly

Post by fstbk65 »

I just got my osprey papers last week. It was approved 3 months exactly from the day I mailed it.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

I've been waiting since late January just for my dealer to receive my Stainless Sparrow from Major.

Bleh.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Form 3's usually run 1 month or so. I've had a few turn in as short as 2 weeks as of recent.

Form 4's - I am now getting approvals for transfers that went in in October/November.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
dmtsc
Silent But Deadly

Post by dmtsc »

MP5K
Sent forms 10/25 received them back 3/22.
AAC 762SD, EVO 9 ,PILOT. Gemtech M4-96D, OutbackII, Ops Inc 12th, Ops Inc 3rd Model, Multimount and 2 TBA Mk2 integrals. Ops Inc. M4-s, Gemtech Mk9-k on the way for MP5K, KAC MP5SD can coming also
slackercruster
Silent But Deadly

Post by slackercruster »

Are transfer times the same for individuals and trusts? Or do trusts go through any faster?
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

slackercruster wrote:Are transfer times the same for individuals and trusts? Or do trusts go through any faster?
Pretty much same time for both nowadays.
Operator74656

Post by Operator74656 »

Dana Pickles just took 4 months from check cashed (sent in Nov)
Sandra Snook took 3 months on my Form 1 (sent in Dec)

head over to NFAtracker.com and sort by date of stamp received - then look at the date their check was cashed - that will give you a really good idea....
"Good medicine in bad places..."
DNH
Silent Operator

Post by DNH »

Just got my form 4 in three months.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

slackercruster wrote:Are transfer times the same for individuals and trusts? Or do trusts go through any faster?
I tried figuring this out and there is no clear difference. I've had forms that were submitted on signature come in before trust - that both went out the same day and vice versa.

I've also seen individual F4 to other individual F4 transfers take less time. I had one customer who had one that went in the first of the year that just got approved. Yet I am still waiting for forms that went out in October, November and December.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

GoingQuiet wrote:
I tried figuring this out and there is no clear difference. I've had forms that were submitted on signature come in before trust - that both went out the same day and vice versa.

I've also seen individual F4 to other individual F4 transfers take less time. I had one customer who had one that went in the first of the year that just got approved. Yet I am still waiting for forms that went out in October, November and December.
this just goes to show that they are NOT approved in any particular order. i don't think it happens on purpose, but i've seen the same thing happen as well. where mine has come in before and someone else (with the EXACT same examiner) come back before mine and mine was in at least a month earlier. but i still get pretty good transfer times *knock on wood*
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

kaotic504 wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:

this just goes to show that they are NOT approved in any particular order. i don't think it happens on purpose, but i've seen the same thing happen as well. where mine has come in before and someone else (with the EXACT same examiner) come back before mine and mine was in at least a month earlier. but i still get pretty good transfer times *knock on wood*
Exactly. There is no rhyme or reason. You will know how long it takes when it's all done.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
[email protected]
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

I know it can be hit or miss on wait times - but I just got my Form 4 back check cashed 20 Jan and form approved on 22 Mar. My average wait time had been 92 days - so that cut down to just a tad I've 60 days.... I am stoked!
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Mine have been at 15 weeks all last year. My last one was 16 weeks (cleared two weeks ago) Those times are mailbox to mailbox.
jjslice

Post by jjslice »

maybe i just lucked out

Form 4 - suppressor
Forms arrived - Feb 2
Approved - Mar 22
In my hands Mar 29

Dana Pickles
Get-to-tha-choppa
Silent Operator

Post by Get-to-tha-choppa »

Sent in my last form 4 last week 3/25 my check was cashed today. I was a bit suprised but I'm not getting my hopes up, I think I still have a few months of waiting in front of me.
K1196A
Silent But Deadly

Post by K1196A »

Get-to-tha-choppa wrote:Sent in my last form 4 last week 3/25 my check was cashed today. I was a bit suprised but I'm not getting my hopes up, I think I still have a few months of waiting in front of me.
They cash the check pretty much within a day or so of receiving it -- them collecting your money is the ONLY part they're efficient at!
Get-to-tha-choppa
Silent Operator

LOL.. i figured as much. let the waiting begin.......
tymurrey

Post by tymurrey »

Just got a call from my dealer, he said my stamps just came in. Two form 4's sent early february, checks were cashed on February 9th. Turnaround time was faster than I thought and I haven't had time to get my barrels threaded yet so now I might have to buy another toy today just so I can play over the weekend.
Get-to-tha-choppa
Silent Operator

Awesome, glad you have some new toys!

This NFA business is highly addictive I just put another form 4 in today.