Any suppressors you were dissatisfied with?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

diablito
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any suppressors you were dissatisfied with?

Post by diablito »

joshrunkle35 wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:
5-10 times louder than a Mite Josh? Really?

Color mismatch? not that I've seen.
Updated core is much quieter than the original production one, you should have yours upgraded (no cost). Define 'a few' rounds that make it impossible to take down. Have you contacted us about any of these concerns? We would love to take care of you. Sorry for your troubles.
I'm not sure if you were addressing separate people here or not. I only have an original core. Yes it's loud. No I haven't called or sent it in. I'm sure I'll get around to it. The other ("new core" and "worst investment") complaints are from diablito.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... you tattle tailing bitch... i was trying to push all the blame on you... dont worry, you wont get banned for telling the truth... and believe me, you're probably the only one lost in this thread!!
mtelkman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mtelkman »

I have a YHM 556 QD that I wouldn't buy again. Only because it is so heavy. The suppression is fine and the QD mount works well. But it is really heavy. I should have spent more $ and purchased something that didn't feel like a brick on the end of my barrel.

Otherwise I have been fortunate in that all my other suppressors (SWR, Gemtech, Thompson Machine) have all exceeded my expectations.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

diablito wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... you tattle tailing bitch... i was trying to push all the blame on you... dont worry, you wont get banned for telling the truth... and believe me, you're probably the only one lost in this thread!!
:D
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

joshrunkle35 wrote:
diablito wrote:
:D
Ha, I can feel the love!
Kick Ass Design
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

diablito wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... you tattle tailing bitch... i was trying to push all the blame on you... dont worry, you wont get banned for telling the truth... and believe me, you're probably the only one lost in this thread!!
Snitches get stitches.
sprayandpray

Post by sprayandpray »

"Front toword arabs"

'nuff said
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

sprayandpray wrote:"Front toword arabs"

'muff said
fixed it for you
Don't be an internet tough guy...
krecon1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by krecon1 »

lobo56 wrote:
flight954 wrote:My AAC 762-SD 18T mount. The 18T mount sucks. Other than that it's a great can

Ditto on this!! :(
Bought two 18t 762SDs. Both turned a 1 MOA rifle into a 3-4 MOA shotgun. Between the can being loose and backing off it sure isn't useable if having any amount of accuracy is important. Might find their home on a .22 someday....
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Love hate..

The Prodigy is a very cool design. However the Gen I was an ear splitter. FRP indoors would ring your bell too. I have loved the design and am geek enough to appreciate the engineering that IS in it. But sometimes "Keep it simple" is better.

Gen II came out and was a whole world different, but still FRP was loud IMHO so I shot it wet on pistols, but I still had the accuracy problems. Even more was the silencer needing a lot of TLC so it would not lock up.

Now with a D-Tool available years later we have one problem has been helped, but is still keyholing with the gen II core.... That fix is finally here.

The Gen III core is finally back in from the outside vendor and has passed QC... so off for the 2nd exchange of cores on Monday.

If the Gen III core resolves the stability issue, and with the D-tool, I will FINALLY have a .22 silencer I can use on my pistols. :) It has been a LONG wait.

I am very grateful AAC has continued to work on developing a core that works. Even if it's .5 db louder the increased stability is well worth it. AAC could have just done nothing and abandoned us but have not.

I am also hoping the FRP is a little less with the redesigned blast baffle, but not holding my breath.

In hindsight I wish I had ordered a Kodiak a year ago. Cuz knowing my luck, my SS Sparrow will also have blowback, and I still won't have a silencer that will work on my 10/22 for any duration of fire. So proactively I am going to order one.

The Prodigy on my bolt rifle is outstanding and still brings a smile.

But the "Fix" for ALL of my.22 problems is really the Kodiak. Now to see if I can find a Kodiak TL instate. :?

Gratefully AAC has developed the Gen III core so I am not stuck with just a bolt action, rifle only, silencer. I am really looking forward to testing the new core!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!