YH can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

edteach
Senior Silent Operator

YH can

Post by edteach »

I bought the mite. I know that many don't like it but I had the dealer take me into the shooting room and hear it. It was fine to me. I also watched a video where several suppressors were tested on the same gun with the same ammo and the YH was the quietest with 125db. Others came in around 129/132. I also looked at the construction of the YH vs some of the 399/350 22 suppressors and they are very similar. I will be all in tax stamp and all at about 500. I picked up an adapter for 23 delivered with thread cap. 1/2x28. YH seems to have a good rep for the life time warranty also.
DOGON
sgtsmmiii

Re: YH can

Post by sgtsmmiii »

My first ( of several now ) was a Mite, and I still like it. Mine is on a CZ 452 factory threaded barrel, and pre-wetted with Breakfree CLP, is very quiet and easy to subsequently clean. If I knew then what I know now I might have bought something else, but nonetheless, I still like it. Might be louder on a pistol, but with CCI subsonics I'm good with it.

They are addictive..............
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

convinced yourself so that is good enough. you can not judge cans by video as the mics all have a cut off and a mite can sound like an element and we all know it aint even close.
NP
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

You know 125db is pretty loud right? Good .22 cans are metering 118db or so on a pistol and quieter on a rifle. The db scale is exponential if I remember right 3db louder is twice as loud. Most of these are more expensive then the mite but worth every penny.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Glad you're happy with your purchase. Just don't shoot it next to an Element or Spectre or you may sing a different tune.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

That video was old, where all the 22 cans were around 120-125db. Now the standard is 113-120. Like others said, don't bitch to us when you find out it's a loud can compared to others. Because you asked our advice and then disregarded the information you were given. Your dealer is a good salesman.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

125 is loud as hell for .22 now-a-days. I suspect the FRP on the Mite is closer to 130.
Even bad FRP should be just below 125.

Something like an ELEMENT or Spectre or the second shots out of a Sparrow or Prodigy will be in the mid-teens.

YHM has good prices, that's about it. in terms of performance, they are years behind.
Kick Ass Design