Silencing a Robinson Arms XCR micro

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bunker168
Silent Operator

Silencing a Robinson Arms XCR micro

Post by bunker168 »

Like to know if anybody used a suppressor with a RobArms XCR rifle and how was the performance as to suppression? Compare to a M4/M16
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencing a Robinson Arms XCR micro

Post by tsands974 »

I'd like to hear some info on this too because I've been contemplating putting a can on my 9" XCR Mini but just haven't gotten around to it yet, too many current NFA projects...
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

i'm willing to bet it'd be pretty damn loud due to the piston and the short barrel
Don't be an internet tough guy...
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

its probably not able to stabilize the round in a barrel that short. i know with G36k's you can have some end cap strikes
MCFLURY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MCFLURY »

Although not a micro i suppress a 11 inch 7.62x39 with a 7.62sd and it works out quite nice
bunker168
Silent Operator

Post by bunker168 »

MCFLURY wrote:Although not a micro i suppress a 11 inch 7.62x39 with a 7.62sd and it works out quite nice
Nice to know.Do you have to adjust the regulator to be used with the suppressor?

Might sound dumb :lol: , but have you tried it without hearing protection?
stonersr26

Post by stonersr26 »

bunker168 wrote:
MCFLURY wrote:Although not a micro i suppress a 11 inch 7.62x39 with a 7.62sd and it works out quite nice
Nice to know.Do you have to adjust the regulator to be used with the suppressor?

I am waiting on my form 1 to come back so I can chop my barrel, but my 16inch XCR in 7.62x39 was much more pleasant to shoot than a 16 inch ar-15. I most definitely have to turn my gas regulator all the way down or I will never find my casings. I shot it without hearing protection in a semi enclosed space and it wasn't unpleasant at all.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

stonersr26 wrote:
bunker168 wrote:

I am waiting on my form 1 to come back so I can chop my barrel, but my 16inch XCR in 7.62x39 was much more pleasant to shoot than a 16 inch ar-15. I most definitely have to turn my gas regulator all the way down or I will never find my casings. I shot it without hearing protection in a semi enclosed space and it wasn't unpleasant at all.
I have a 10 inch XCR Factory SBR and its loud as $%(* suppressed, my LWRCI piston 10.5 is a ton quieter. I regret getting the XCR, been nothing but problems since day one!

-B
bunker168
Silent Operator

Post by bunker168 »

@Bendersquint

Can you expand the problems that you are having with the Robarms XCR? I am at a point that I plan to purchase this SBR to be used with a suppressor. Your input would be a great help. I am also considering LWRC rifles. Problem is the cost.