Jailbreak Groupbuy!!!! 215 returned!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Jailbreak Groupbuy!!!! 215 returned!

Post by Bendersquint »

Ookster wrote:Awesome pics, John! My camera skills are way below average, so suffice it to say: mine looks a lot like yours. :D

I'm also very impressed with the quality of Matt's work. I love the endcap design with the non-knurled sides and spanner holes that fit the Evo tool. I just shipped him my SRT integral upper for a JB service. Matt is the man and his work is top notch.

Two questions for John and others:

1. What do you suppose is the optimal scoop orientation of the baffles or does it even matter? The way mine came back from Stalking Rhino, they were all in line with each other. But when my Outback II came back from Gemtech, Phil said to align the baffle scoops at 0°, 180°, 0°, 90°, 270°, 90°.

2. What is the best way people have found to separate the pressed together baffle stack into individual baffles? I was able to get all of them apart except for 2 of them with my hands and some brute force. But try as I might, I can't get 2 of them apart with my hands and I worry about damaging them with a wrench. Matt suggested I do some very light sanding around the bottom outside rim of the baffles to facilitate easier separation once I get them apart.

Eric
Eric,

The Evo G2 cores are all in a line, that's how they look when extracted during a JB. With our testing we haven't seen any difference in suppression levels due to orientation, with our test cans we just thrown the baffles in and close her up. Now there may be a difference but my God given built in sound meters do not notice it.

There is also alot of misinformation out there even from the manufacturers.....

example..... AAC says that with a TiRant45 the first 5 face one direction and the last 4 baffles are 180 off of the first 5, however every single TiRant45 we have JB all the ports were lined up.

Now in regards to the Doc Dater core.....alignment is based on design, the 22lr Outback baffles may be top performing as you described above. Experiment with it and post the results!

Once we have a sound meter we will do a full series of testing to let this go to rest.

-B
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

This should be an annual deal
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

kaotic504 wrote:This should be an annual deal
We may do something along these lines every once in awhile but for future ones it would most likely be anodized aluminum or stainless for around this price. The first one was one in titanium, it was special because it was the first! :wink:

Disclaimer - This hasn't been decided on within SRI it's just a thought at this time. There is no ETA for that decision. You might be better off if you just get the jailbreak done rather than waiting to see if this ever happens again. Sooner you get it done the longer your cans' life will be, and the easier my life will be dealing with the core extraction.

-B
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Haha... delicately put, and true.

I had a can Jailbroken by SRI before the groupbuy so I didn't get the groupbuy rate. However, I've had that can in my hands and been to the range several times while the groupbuy guys had to suffer and wait due to the spike in volume a groupbuy produces. Plus, it was worthy every penny I paid anyway.

It is always a good time to jailbreak. :wink:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Selectedmarksman wrote: It is always a good time to jailbreak. :wink:
+1000!
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

Bendersquint wrote:
Selectedmarksman wrote: It is always a good time to jailbreak. :wink:
+1000!

Once I get my SRT integral back from Stalking Rhino, I will have ZERO sealed cans. And I will be a happy camper. :mrgreen:
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Impressive work! 8)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

700PSS wrote:Impressive work! 8)
Thanks! :wink:

-B
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

Well, here's a short range report on my newly JB'd and recored Evo 9 from Stalking Rhino.

Got a chance to put a couple hundred rounds through it today, and it is noticeably quieter. :mrgreen:

I won't say that it is outrageously quieter than the old core, but the difference is certainly noticeable. And realistically, this is about all I was hoping for.

Shooting from about 15-20 yards into a large dirt berm, I was able to distinctly hear the bullet impact into the dirt when shooting dry on every shot. Shooting the new core Evo wet, the bullet impact was actually the predominant noise. Before with my old core and somewhat filled can, I could usually make out the bullet impact for similar shooting when I ran it dry, but not always. Shooting my old core wet, I could definitely make out the bullet impact on each shot, but it wasn't as predominant as it was today.

Now I feel that I have a top performer in a relatively small can, and I'm so glad I decided to do this with my Evo. Plus, now I can take it apart, run the baffles in my wet tumbler, and have a 100% clean, unfilled can again next time out.

Bottom line: if you have a sealed pistol or rimfire can, you shouldn't. Do the right thing and give Bendersquint a call.

Eric

eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

Ookster wrote:Well, here's a short range report on my newly JB'd and recored Evo 9 from Stalking Rhino.
You mention "old core" and "new core" and you allude to not being overwhelmed with the results. I am confused. Did SRI JailBreak & clean your can, or did they also re-core it with new guts?
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

eric10mm wrote:
Ookster wrote:Well, here's a short range report on my newly JB'd and recored Evo 9 from Stalking Rhino.
You mention "old core" and "new core" and you allude to not being overwhelmed with the results. I am confused. Did SRI JailBreak & clean your can, or did they also re-core it with new guts?

They JB'd my Evo 9 AND recored it with a new stack.

The results are good, and I'm very happy with the sound reduction of the new core. It is noticeably quieter than my old gen 1 core. What I was saying is that it's not like the difference between going from an older Evo to a new TiRant 9mm. But I wasn't expecting that kind of performance improvement. It's still, after all, a 1.25" can with a lot less volume than a Trident or TiRant. But the new core from SRI is noticeably quieter than what I had before I sent it to them.

Most people in this group buy just had their cans JB'd and their old cores cleaned and put back in. Some of us opted for JB plus a new core, or JB plus a new blast baffle, etc.

Eric
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. 8)
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

eric10mm wrote:Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. 8)
Eric, Im thinking the can you showed in the baffle pics thread could use one of these new cores! :wink:
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

Post by prdubi »

Any chance to jailbrake a AWC Jupiter Eye and a SWR Warlock?

is that possible, whoever is doing it can they pm or email me, I welcome it.

Or can someone lead me in the right direction?

thanks
Jack007

Post by Jack007 »

I know this was an older thread, but I just found it.

Is there any chance that someone can post some pics of the internals of the Trident-9?
I'm sure I'll wanna JB mine sometime soon, but for now I'm just curious as to how it differs internally from the others?

I was surprised to see so many of the other cans' dissected pics; but no Tridents?
Maybe on another thread I missed? A link?

Fascinating read.
Glad to know that after dropping good bucks on a can, I'm not hosed as the manufacturer moves on to "new and improved".
I wonder if SWR cares about all of this? I see the rep from AAC has been very supportive.

Thanks!

Jack007
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Jack007 wrote:I know this was an older thread, but I just found it.

Is there any chance that someone can post some pics of the internals of the Trident-9?
I'm sure I'll wanna JB mine sometime soon, but for now I'm just curious as to how it differs internally from the others?

I was surprised to see so many of the other cans' dissected pics; but no Tridents?

Fascinating read.
Glad to know that after dropping good bucks on a can, I'm not hosed as the manufacturer moves on to "new and improved".
I wonder if SWR cares about all of this? I see the rep from AAC has been very supportive.

Thanks!

Jack007
Page 4 of this thread has trident baffle stack pictures. They are red omega baffles.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Jack007 wrote:I know this was an older thread, but I just found it.

Fascinating read.

Thanks!

Jack007
We did a few in the groupbuy, here is a big picture of the side view of the baffles once they were cleaned.

The grey/silver baffles are made of SS, the rest are aluminum. Most of the Tridents that we jailbreak are black baffled though.
Jack007

Post by Jack007 »

I saw the pics on page 4, but this one is MUCH clearer. Or, at least to my "untrained" eye. :-)

Thanks so much!

So, what is the current price and approximate turnaround time to JB a Trident? I would definitely go with the spanner wrench style flush end cap that I saw one of the members request. Very classic look!

Jack007
bklyn_irish

Digging through old threads...

Post by bklyn_irish »

...I found this one.

I practically stole (price-wise, of course) a Gemtech SOS-45 and am very much interested in seeing what SRI can do in the way of a re-core and jailbreaking.