Jailbreak Groupbuy!!!! 215 returned!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Jailbreak Groupbuy!!!! 215 returned!

Post by chrismartin »

saltydecimator wrote:chris,

matt two posts above you described it. he says he normally takes pictures of the core however, so it is possible that he has pics already. is your can sounding louder than before?
Not that I can recall. I just don't want to be louder than it is now. I had Liberty re-core my pilot. While it's a great, all steel mono-core, it's not as quiet as it was originally. I just don't want to loose anything on the deal. Having an old core Evo, it's loud enough as it is (not bad or anything, just not as nice as the newer cans of course), I don't want to make it worse by not having the right info. I was just hoping to hear a description of how they should be aligned or a picture or something to let me know this will not be an issue. I know he'll include that with the end result, I was just hoping for something now to alleviate my only concern (Let me know it's been done before, no big deal, "here is how you do it" type of thing)

Plus, it gives me a chance to look at my Evo 9 now, see if they are aligned properly in the first place. I could end up with a slightly BETTER can in the end.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

chrismartin wrote:
saltydecimator wrote:chris,

matt two posts above you described it. he says he normally takes pictures of the core however, so it is possible that he has pics already. is your can sounding louder than before?
Not that I can recall. I just don't want to be louder than it is now. I had Liberty re-core my pilot. While it's a great, all steel mono-core, it's not as quiet as it was originally. I just don't want to loose anything on the deal. Having an old core Evo, it's loud enough as it is (not bad or anything, just not as nice as the newer cans of course), I don't want to make it worse by not having the right info. I was just hoping to hear a description of how they should be aligned or a picture or something to let me know this will not be an issue. I know he'll include that with the end result, I was just hoping for something now to alleviate my only concern (Let me know it's been done before, no big deal, "here is how you do it" type of thing)

Plus, it gives me a chance to look at my Evo 9 now, see if they are aligned properly in the first place. I could end up with a slightly BETTER can in the end.
Chris,

Unless you have really good ears I doubt you will notice any difference, I know I don't notice it at all and as I mentioned before I just throw the baffles in and hit the range and I can't tell the difference between the cracked one and the non cracked. When i cracked them in the beginning I was vigilant about alignment then the wife wanted to help and just threw them in, I gave it a shot and haven't looked back as they sounded the same. There is a pretty good bit of latitude in the alignment before even a sound meter can pick up the differences, around 20-25 degree misalignment before a sound meter starts to pick it up and thats only 1-2dB at that.

Like I said I will include a picture of your model suppressor with how the baffles need to be aligned for optimum performance, you can use that as a reference everytime you take it apart and clean it. As I mentioned before any can that requires indexing will include this.

Its been done MANY times before, after every range trip I go on every demo as well. Look in the baffle pictures thread, specifically at the pics with the brick steps on them, all those were jailbroken by me, it has been done. ALot of the other pictures are mine as well but the brick steps were the most recent good pictures. In the pics the Evo9 is not aligned correctly but thats the baffle stack. Other people in this forum have had this service done by me and have several inbound from others outside this group buy.

You won't be able to tell if they are aligned correctly looking down the tube, its too hard to describe what you are going to be looking for.

PM inbound.....

-B
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Bendersquint wrote:
Chris,

Unless you have really good ears I doubt you will notice any difference, I know I don't notice it at all and as I mentioned before I just throw the baffles in and hit the range and I can't tell the difference between the cracked one and the non cracked. When i cracked them in the beginning I was vigilant about alignment then the wife wanted to help and just threw them in, I gave it a shot and haven't looked back as they sounded the same. There is a pretty good bit of latitude in the alignment before even a sound meter can pick up the differences, around 20-25 degree misalignment before a sound meter starts to pick it up and thats only 1-2dB at that.
-B
Sounds great!

Thanks for the info!

Chris
Tiller1k
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tiller1k »

I am nearly committed on this one. I put a lot of rounds down range with this thing and though I haven't noticed a difference, I can see this being an issue in the future. How confident are we on the turnaround time?

EVO-9 and a stainless blast baffle down the road? :twisted: That might be the answer for this one...

http://silent762.blogspot.com/

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

With this being about pistol cans, I want to mix it up a bit.

I put my QSM .308 on a .22 lr for ten rounds on a long gun with Remington subs. Man was that quiet! :shock:

Took the can off and looked inside and saw some nice shiney silver deposits on the brake. The endcaps are threaded, but I think the baffles may have an interference fit and a jailbreak may not be possible.

Has anyone opened up one of these?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Tiller1k wrote:I am nearly committed on this one. I put a lot of rounds down range with this thing and though I haven't noticed a difference, I can see this being an issue in the future. How confident are we on the turnaround time?

EVO-9 and a stainless blast baffle down the road? :twisted: That might be the answer for this one...

Confidence for turnaround is based on a 20 can total(between here and NFATalk), if we go over that number is when that turnaround may stretch a few days longer. Obviously if we have 200 cans coming in it will take a little longer than the 4 weeks to complete. Cans will be done in the order we receive them, first in.....first out!

If you are using your Evo9 all the time on that SBR why not go full SS stack? We can in the least do you a stainless blast baffle.

You can always send in your can ahead of the rush like several other people are doing....just a thought though it will be more expensive! ;)

-B
Tiller1k
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tiller1k »

Count me in.

Bender - Shoot me a PM with details re the SS baffle(s). Thx!
http://silent762.blogspot.com/

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

First of SALTY has to be away for a few days so until he gets back Wednesday night please direct any questions to me. Thanks!

Was asked by JohnInNH on another forum for some pics of the work so I will post them here for your perusal as well.

First is a dirty but SS Evo blast baffle, this is the current version offered for replacement blast baffles.
Evo9 tube showing threads as requested.
Group of JB'd cans(for the most part...) Evo9 r&d tube, HEMS2 plain knurled(unfinished), AWC Nexus(JB and found it was welded in baffles so sealed back up(unfinished cap), and the most recent HEMS2 with knurling and recessed face(offered version of the face)
Latest HEMS endcap.
HEMS tube showing threads, again for John!

I hope this helps make your decisions!

-B
greytamer

Post by greytamer »

how much extra is the ss baffle? can you do a full ss baffle stack?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Beautiful... Simply beautiful. This is a God's Send for Evo 9 owners. I'm so looking forward to being able to maintain my HEMS2. Can't wait!
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

Question for anyone....

What would the Trident 9 jailbreak be like? Would you be able to push the baffle stack out from either end of the tube? ?
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I believe you can only push them out from the muzzle end through the end cap side. There is an insert where the piston rides in that remains in place. This is just from my personal observations looking at my can, but I could be totally wrong?

I'm sure SRI will be by shortly to clarify.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Davo5o wrote:I believe you can only push them out from the muzzle end through the end cap side. There is an insert where the piston rides in that remains in place. This is just from my personal observations looking at my can, but I could be totally wrong?

I'm sure SRI will be by shortly to clarify.
Davo5o is correct the baffles would push out the exit end of the suppressor tube. The adapter ring is permanent so you have no other option. To disassemble simply remove your mount and push baffle out the end!

-B
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

NICE WORK!

I look forward to getting my Evo-9 cracked. I may even go with SS baffles and make a HD version. PM me the $ info like we talked about. SS, Ti, + AL

The Evo-9 has seven baffles (one SS the rest AL).. so to go to all SS would be 6 new SS ones.

If the new ones are like the NEW core AAC baffles it would be a good 3-5 dB less too. If you can include the weight difference of going to all SS.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I really dig the that recessed end cap. Looks great.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

I wonder... there's probably a fair benefit to having a brand new can jailbroken. That way, less risk of damage during the jailbreak process due to gunk welding the baffles in, right?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

double tap
Last edited by Bendersquint on Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Selectedmarksman wrote:I wonder... there's probably a fair benefit to having a brand new can jailbroken. That way, less risk of damage during the jailbreak process due to gunk welding the baffles in, right?
Absolutely the newer the can is the better, the easier the baffles will come out, the less headache on my end, and the overall life increase that the suppressor will have being able to manage the baffles and rotate them as necessary to prolong life.

Also since you know the progression of wear you are able to replace baffles as necessary without a huge fee(plan ahead as well), or even have an 07/02 put in new stacks as technology changes! There are alot more benefits to it than most people realize.

Jailbreaking is the first of these steps.

-B
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

Can anyone tell me, is it still AAC's policy NOT to offer any type of jail break service or upgrade to the new Evo 9 core for owners of old core Evos?

I just sent my Outback II in to Gemtech for new baffles and jail break service and am very tempted to get my older core Evo 9 upgraded too.

Thanks.

Eric
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Ookster wrote:Can anyone tell me, is it still AAC's policy NOT to offer any type of jail break service or upgrade to the new Evo 9 core for owners of old core Evos?

I just sent my Outback II in to Gemtech for new baffles and jail break service and am very tempted to get my older core Evo 9 upgraded too.

Thanks.

Eric
The best thing would be to contact them directly about it. Keep in mind, AAC has really grown and they are doing their best to keep up new orders from both the civilian and military sectors. SRI is definitely filling a market void by providing large-scale jailbreaking services.

I'm expecting my SWR HEMS2 back soon, so I'll post photos and a review when it arrives. :D
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Ookster wrote:Can anyone tell me, is it still AAC's policy NOT to offer any type of jail break service or upgrade to the new Evo 9 core for owners of old core Evos?

Thanks.

Eric
Eric,

They have made it well known that there are no plans to be jailbreaking any of their products. They were talking about doing the recent TiRants but on this forum said there were no plans for it at this time. I foresee the Evo series going out the door with AAC as the TiRant seems to be a solid performer, why go keep producing older technology? The TiRant is in, sadly the Evo is a thing of the past! I may be wrong but I doubt it in this regard!

If they hired new people it would better serve them to have them helping get new product out the door instead of taking the time to work on old stuff. Sale of new product whether it be to .mil or .civ nets ALOT more money than jailbreaking does! Besides jailbreaking takes some time to do it right and you definitely don't want your cans rushed through the process. Imagine the turnaround time for such a large company. Replacing a M42000 latch has taken 6 weeks(local customer just experienced that) so I can't imagine how long it would take for a jailbreaking!

-B
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

PM sent Bender.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Ookster wrote:PM sent Bender.
Replied to.
Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

Thanks Bender. Shot you one more PM with another question, then I'll stop bothering you and get in line for the GB!

Eric
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

^ lol.

and, be it known, no-one is dogging aac, i feel like we are just playing the hand we have been dealt. they make a dang fine product, and SRI is just filling in the gaps.

i am back in town now, from the great white north, so if you want your name on the list, you can email me at: my username at gmail dot com.

we will be closing the buy friday night at midnight. thanks for all that are interested, and lets see all yalls pics when they start pouring in!!!
its quiet time!