tirant45- Couple questions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ejewels

tirant45- Couple questions

Post by ejewels »

Hello,

So I finally got around to shooting my new tirant 45. Dry was cool but wet it sounded mint :) I have a couple of questions:

1) if you shoot wet with water, and you finish shooting and there is still water in the can, is it ok to leave in there?

2) after about 100 rounds I took apart ASAP assembly to clean as advised. I used CLP to clean the parts and put on a little grease when I screwed back on assembly. Now when I try and unscrew the piston assembly, the top piece of the baffle housing is also unscrewing. This happens when I screw the ASAP too tight. Do I need locktite on the baffle housing top piece or something?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: tirant45- Couple questions

Post by Bendersquint »

ejewels wrote:Hello,

So I finally got around to shooting my new tirant 45. Dry was cool but wet it sounded mint :) I have a couple of questions:

1) if you shoot wet with water, and you finish shooting and there is still water in the can, is it ok to leave in there?

2) after about 100 rounds I took apart ASAP assembly to clean as advised. I used CLP to clean the parts and put on a little grease when I screwed back on assembly. Now when I try and unscrew the piston assembly, the top piece of the baffle housing is also unscrewing. This happens when I screw the ASAP too tight. Do I need locktite on the baffle housing top piece or something?
1 - You do not want to store it wet, it can cause damage to the areas not protected by the anodizing.

2 - Have to show us a picture of that one.
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Well I shot about 8 more rounds after it, so I'm assuming that's enough to dry it out? Not sure about pic, but just imagine unscrewing the ASAP piston housing off but also taking off the piece the ASAP screws into.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ejewels wrote:Well I shot about 8 more rounds after it, so I'm assuming that's enough to dry it out? Not sure about pic, but just imagine unscrewing the ASAP piston housing off but also taking off the piece the ASAP screws into.
That needs to go back to AAC, if the part that the removable piston housing threads into is coming off.
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Really? It has threads on it and looks as though it's meant to come off to take baffles out or for complete disassembly. Nothing is broken.
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

ejewels wrote:Really? It has threads on it and looks as though it's meant to come off to take baffles out or for complete disassembly. Nothing is broken. I can still take the piston assembly off separately, there were just a few times I also unscrewed the other part.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ejewels wrote:Really? It has threads on it and looks as though it's meant to come off to take baffles out or for complete disassembly. Nothing is broken.
It is NOT meant to come off, thats why it should go back to AAC to have them check it out.
rjacobs
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjacobs »

ejewels wrote:Really? It has threads on it and looks as though it's meant to come off to take baffles out or for complete disassembly. Nothing is broken.
Check out my thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108869

I wonder if AAC had a bad batch of these go out. It seems to be fairly rare according to everything I could find. Would be interested to know your serial to compare to mine. PM me if you wish.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

My Tirant 45 just did the same thing last month. Piston housing/tube interface came loose while doing routine cleaning. But already shot about 3k rounds through it.

I suggested by email that i could perform the "repair" myself since it's nothing more than applying high-temp red loctite, but AAC thought it best to let them do it instead. I also got a new Cerakote refinish so it looks even better than brand new. Original weaker finish was Gunkote i think.

So call them up or email them and get your prepaid shipping label. Takes about 2-3 weeks turnaround time though.
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Thanks guys, looks like Im emailing AAC