New guy, jumping in feet first.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

knightkrawler00

New guy, jumping in feet first.

Post by knightkrawler00 »

Hi,

New guy here.

Dropping my check in the mail this afternoon for an AAC 762-SD! This will be my first NFA item and I'm trying to be as patient as possible. I'm betting somebody's going to be real happy when I finally get to pick it up and stop asking so many questions :D .
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Re: New guy, jumping in feet first.

Post by BriggsRi »

Congrats and welcome!
Cooper
Silent Operator

Post by Cooper »

Don't call the ATF and bother them. They get all pissed off when you bother them.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

That's a good can.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Welcome! The SD is a super can. I have a similar silencer.. The Cyclone-K. It is about the same except it has flat cut baffles not slant cut and is a thread on. (so I don;t have to use the mount.. (I like the thread on)

Nice accurate can. dB is about right. The Cyclone and Liberty Freedom are quieter, but I wear foam plugs due to the supersonic crack anyway.

Wait till you try it with subs. A 170 gr Hornady 30-30 bullet over 9.8-10gr of Trailboss will do it. BB gun quiet.

Again good choice and WELCOME!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
knightkrawler00

Thanks everyone.

I just realized I combined "headfirst" and "with both feet" in the thread title :? . Been doing that a lot lately for some reason.

I'm killing two birds with one stone, got that one right, with this. I've been wanting a suppressor for as long as I can remember and I've always wanted to load a wildcat round. The can is going on a 16" 300 BLK AR, still waiting on the upper from Delta Company. While the 300 BLK isn't a true wildcat, having to make the brass will hopefully satisfy that urge.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

knightkrawler00 wrote:Thanks everyone.

I just realized I combined "headfirst" and "with both feet" in the thread title :? . Been doing that a lot lately for some reason.

I'm killing two birds with one stone, got that one right, with this. I've been wanting a suppressor for as long as I can remember and I've always wanted to load a wildcat round. The can is going on a 16" 300 BLK AR, still waiting on the upper from Delta Company. While the 300 BLK isn't a true wildcat, having to make the brass will hopefully satisfy that urge.

The AAC/Remington brass is available and is EXCELLENT. Depending on how many you need it may be worth looking into.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

Good buy. Like you I am new, just received my first stamp back for an SBR and now waiting for my form 4 for a SWR Renegade. You will learn a new definition for patience.....
My form 1 for the SBR took about 4 months and ten days. Admittedly on the first stamp I did call the NFA to verify the form went pending, but for the suppressor I am just going to forget I sent it and be surprised when it comes in.
knightkrawler00

JohnInNH,

I know it's available, but I'm actually looking forward to making the brass and pretending it's a wildcat. That will either satisfy my urge or feed the need for something really crazy.

bg556,

I'm already pacing, especially since the deal fell through. I'm talking with another dealer now. AAC won't be making any 762SD's for three months, according to him. But, I've found a couple in stock out of state and he's working on getting one transferred to him. I just have to remember that I've wanted this for decades, a few months really isn't that big of a deal.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

knightkrawler00 wrote:JohnInNH,

I know it's available, but I'm actually looking forward to making the brass and pretending it's a wildcat. That will either satisfy my urge or feed the need for something really crazy.

bg556,

I'm already pacing, especially since the deal fell through. I'm talking with another dealer now. AAC won't be making any 762SD's for three months, according to him. But, I've found a couple in stock out of state and he's working on getting one transferred to him. I just have to remember that I've wanted this for decades, a few months really isn't that big of a deal.
I doubt it will be that long. We've been shipping a ton of 762-SDs... I bet any of our distributers will have them in stock as well if you need one:
Bryon at Major Malfunction, or Randall at Allen Arms, or Jeremy at Bullseye. All great guys, and they will all talk you through the process.
Kick Ass Design
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

You should be ables to find a SD in stock in your state dealer listings.

I have 762 SDN-6 orderd I think they are on the way.

You should get a 22lr can for sure and 9mm can too. :D

I reloader but I wish Remington would make mores 300 Blackout for peoples, it's only hurting sales. I won't buy barrel until I know it's not just another 45gap.(a dead round) :roll: :x :cry: Ammo manufactures no so smart in many ways.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
knightkrawler00

I doubt it will be that long. We've been shipping a ton of 762-SDs... I bet any of our distributers will have them in stock as well if you need one:
Bryon at Major Malfunction, or Randall at Allen Arms, or Jeremy at Bullseye. All great guys, and they will all talk you through the process.[/quote]

I've found two places that have them in stock and I've relayed that info to my dealer. I'm just waiting for him to let me know how much and then the real waiting will begin.
Table Rock Arms
Silent Operator

Post by Table Rock Arms »

Emilio wrote:You should be ables to find a SD in stock in your state dealer listings.

I have 762 SDN-6 orderd I think they are on the way.

You should get a 22lr can for sure and 9mm can too. :D

I reloader but I wish Remington would make mores 300 Blackout for peoples, it's only hurting sales. I won't buy barrel until I know it's not just another 45gap.(a dead round) :roll: :x :cry: Ammo manufactures no so smart in many ways.
If Fedex's online tracking is correct, I'll have a few of them tomorrow.

Ryan
Table Rock Arms
07 FFL 02 SOT
541-702-6216
knightkrawler00

Thanks Table Rock.

I'll let him know.
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

knightkrawler00 wrote:JohnInNH,

bg556,

If you haven't already, I would recommend Bryon at M3. I know I am only new to the NFA game and far from an expert but in my experience he made everything exceedingly easy and seemed to have most cans that are available (as in already produced) in stock. And your right, a few months, in my case four, is not a huge deal in the big scheme of things; however it is like a 6 year old waiting to open his birthday presents or waiting for Christmas ... feels like an eternity.
..... However the ATF wastes no time cashing those checks.
knightkrawler00

Got some good news! A 762SD is being transferred to my dealer from Bullseye as I type this. The check is on the way!
beye
Industry Professional

Post by beye »

Thanks for the order and let me know if I can help with anything else. You're gonna love that can :D
Jeremy Powell
Bulls-Eye Indoor Range & Gun Shop
221 W Crogan Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Phone: (770) 963-6556
http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com

E-Mail: [email protected]
knightkrawler00

beye wrote:Thanks for the order and let me know if I can help with anything else. You're gonna love that can :D

Thank you, Jeremy, for a great deal.