What kind of suppressor do you run on your MAC 11?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Re: What kind of suppressor do you run on your MAC 11?

Post by keithinvestigations »

Chondro wrote:I have the SG which I had redone and now basically has a giant Mystic core. I've gone through 3 versions of the SG with one of it being bored to exactly 50 cal straight through. In that configuration you would think no blowback..(The large volume can overbored for 9mm and all.)

Hands down the Mystic is a perfect SMG can..I know the high volume thing is suppose to be important but I see absolutely no difference at all.(if the can was the size of a 55 gallon drum maybe but at 12-20 rounds a second the can will be full of gas in about the fourth shot)..Had the Mystic been available at the time I would have had that and saved myself the 14 months and who knows how much money..Your giving up nothing at all with the Mystic for a Mac..At the end of the day you can then use if for all kinds of hosts as well and the Gemtech 3 lug mount fits on it too..

Or the Infiniti if you want to spend the extra..Just ordered mine..

Couple of Macs in this vid..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpnKLWT0E8

Your comments here really have me thinking. I was under the impression that I was going to be wasting my money on a can unless I got a large SG at least 1.5". I've already ordered internal and external gas blockers from Lage and a gas deflector from Carlson Comps. So the gas blowback is at an exceptable level with the Mystic...hmm.
Davy Keith
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Mine is stock and the blowback is a non issue..Though some cans really blacken up the mags like I never saw before..The MM and Mysic aren't one of them..The Multimount is much less volume than the Mystic and its not even an issue..Yeah get a can you can use on all kinds of things..There is no trade off at all..nada..nothing..other than the big ones look cool..and you can hold them for one mag..after that forget about it..Which blows as the mac threads let the can back off so you have to watch..They Mystic threads lock that bad boy on good!!..

All I talk about is lack of blowback with the Kodiak family..Believe me it would come up if it was an issue with the Mac.. :lol: :shock:

With the Multimount..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TfArCRux0
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

jlwilliams wrote:
keithinvestigations wrote:
strobro32 wrote:CAC9
I really want something I can break down and clean. The CAC9 cannot be disassembled can it? Also, I want something with a three lug. Does the CAC9 have that option? Thanks.
You can take the CAC apart for cleaning and Bowers offers a complete takedown and service for some ridiculously low price if you'd rather send it in. The 3-lug endcap is said to be coming out this year.

The Bowers cans are rugged and simple. Not the laters technology, but rugged and effective. A bit big if you are thinking about using it on a pistol but fine for a subgun. I'd reccomend one. The OP has aparently decided on something else, which is cool. Anybody else reading this thread and thinking about a Bowers can, you can't go wrong.
Bowers will take down, clean, make any needed repairs, upgrade your can to the latest baffle stack (if applicable), and ship it back to you all for just the cost of return shipping, $15.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Chondro is talking about gas blowback on a M10. They don't typically have as much gassing as the M11/9. Although I have never run a Mystic on an M11, I would guess they would be more gas. I would ask David at Liberty about that. The suppressed M11/9 is notorious for gas problems with smaller diameter suppressors.

David, I'll need you to send me a Mystic for T&E on my M11/9. If there is no gas blowback problems, I will heavily endorse your products. :)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

Theres a video of a mystic on the max-11 22 and blowback appears to be minimal. I'm sure 9mm will be more but either way it sounds really good on the 22kit. I just received my fixed barrel adapter and its pretty large probably an inch and half of empty space added on to the extra space before the blast baffle. I don't have my can yet so I can't really measure it but there looks like there should be a good bit of room for expansion in that first chamber with the fixed barrel adapter on there.

http://youtu.be/7ANOo3Cy6OA
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Again, a Max-11 upper is way different than the OEM M11/9 upper and .22 Max-11/22 is waaaaaay different than a 9mm. :)

I would be very interested in seeing video of a Mystic on a OEM M11/9 video. There has got to be someone here who has both.

Liberty is only 7.5 hrs away from me. My M11/9 upper is threaded .5 x 28. Next time I'm in N. GA I'll see if David will let me test. His Co. is awesome and if it works well, I'll be the first person to sing their praises.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

I just ordered a Mystic for my Lage upper and I also just got in my AMP 11. Man that AMP 11 is a huge chunk of steel. About twice the weight of the Lage Max 11.
Davy Keith
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Yikes may have spoken out of turn..Just looked over some M11's and assumed with the barrel length and bolt that both guns would be the same for gassing and basically all functions...If the M11 is problematic it should be cheaper.. :lol:
And I was kicking myself after I found out I couldn't get an upper for the M10 in rimfire that would suppress..But we all know how I fixed that problem.. :mrgreen:
Seriously if its a problem just hold your breath for that 1.5 second mag dump.. :wink: Then you'll have a can at least you can put to so many other uses and then breaks apart to clean in 20 seconds..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
dane421
Silent But Deadly

Post by dane421 »

I bought a MK9K for my max11 upper Gemtech said about a month out.
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

dane421 wrote:I bought a MK9K for my max11 upper Gemtech said about a month out.

This is an email I received from Gemtech:

On 10/25/2011 5:54 PM, Gemtech Techstaff wrote:
> We make the MK-9K suppressors only a couple times a year. I don't have
> an ETA at this time on when the next batch will be produced. Sorry.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gemtech Techstaff
Davy Keith
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

dane421 wrote:I bought a MK9K for my max11 upper Gemtech said about a month out.

>
> Regards,
>
> Gemtech Techstaff
When I read stuff like that, I look elsewhere!
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

I did, I told my dealer to cull that order and I just placed an order for a Liberty Mystic.
Davy Keith
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

keithinvestigations wrote:I did, I told my dealer to cull that order and I just placed an order for a Liberty Mystic.
Glad to hear!

I purchased a torch and it took a while to get here. And then it took a while to get to the sheriff.

All in all I think I`m lookin at about a year. Sent in the forms a month ago. Good luck bro.
attherange

Post by attherange »

Hey guys,

The Carlson Comps GAS/BRASS KICKER was designed to divert the gas blow-back and deflect the brass from the ejection port of M11/9 when using a can. It is also left hander user friendly.

Thanks,
Greg
Abacab
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abacab »

I used the AWC Agenda Six. Very quiet with 158gr Fiocchi but the three lug mount is a little loose. I attached to a MP5 three lug and it was rock solid.
Edward
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

>
> Regards,
>
> Gemtech Techstaff
Same thing they told me when I was looking for one. I said F--k them, and built something close. To be fair, I DID NOT SAVE TIME OR MONEY BY BUILDING ONE, but I did get a stainless blast baffle, omegas with permission from SWR, and a couple of other features they don't offer.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably have just gotten an SG or a Liberty whatever, or something else. My can does kick ass, but it's the last form1 I'll ever do.
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

lol
Davy Keith
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

este wrote:

>
> Regards,
>
> Gemtech Techstaff
Same thing they told me when I was looking for one. I said F--k them, and built something close. To be fair, I DID NOT SAVE TIME OR MONEY BY BUILDING ONE, but I did get a stainless blast baffle, omegas with permission from SWR, and a couple of other features they don't offer.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably have just gotten an SG or a Liberty whatever, or something else. My can does kick ass, but it's the last form1 I'll ever do.
would you be willing to post up a few pics of the build or a little more info on it?
i am looking at the SG but i think i would rather have the MK9K as it's shorter and fatter but at $700 i'm not too sure.....
my local dealer (with indoor range :D) has a MIMS in stock i think i may try out. i'll have to wait till i get back next month to make a decision.
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Please, please don't waste your money on a Coastal gun suppressor. Take it from me, they are a piece of crap. I have an Ultima 9 mm that won't hold a group. The baffles get pitted after a few hundred rounds. There is no stainless baffle, they are all cheap grade aluminum. I sent it off to Stalking Rhino to see if it could be tuned. Matt said he had never seen anything so cheaply made and he said there is nothing he can do with it. They are cheap for a reason. Save your money up and get a quality suppressor, you'll be happier in the long run.
Davy Keith
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

sardo67 wrote:would you be willing to post up a few pics of the build or a little more info on it?
i am looking at the SG but i think i would rather have the MK9K as it's shorter and fatter but at $700 i'm not too sure.....
my local dealer (with indoor range :D) has a MIMS in stock i think i may try out. i'll have to wait till i get back next month to make a decision.
I'm not sure. Two issues, one I'm very busy with work right now, and free time is sparse. Two, while I did get permission from SWR to build the baffles as Omegas, no such permission from Gemtech. Now, that doesn't mean much really because to the best of my knowledge the only patented part on the MK9K is the three-lug adapter. To my research the MK9K design nor the AWC MK9 design was never patented, in fact both use a 1950's patented designed by the Navy for a co-axial muzzle blast reducer. That said, I don't want to stir any s--t or have to hear from anyone on the topic. So I might just keep this to myself. I suppose I could make the design available to anyone that wants to improve at some point, but that gets back to issue #1.

As far as some details, I use multimount threading to accept Gemtech mounts, that got me threelug and Uzi. The downside to this is everything tightens the same direction so the mounts get stuck compared to the outside body. I have 6 Octance style Omegas they are roughly Octane sized (from what I could guess from photos) with a scaled up outer diameter of 1.5". The outer is still 2.0". All the aluminum is 7075, except the inner and outer tubes are 2024. I used a 17-4PH (good stainless) blast baffle, no heat treat. The blast baffle is just a cone like the MK9K, uses a notch like their latest version. Everything else is very similar to MK9K. No parts would be interchangeable because I guessed on thread specs and pitches. Also, I used a .049" outer tube where they use a .065" because of the 2024 me vs 6061 they use.

Anyhow, my advice... Don't build if you can buy what you want. Unless you plan on doing 10, it won't be cheaper. I'm certain I have more than $700 in considering the machining, TIME, materials, anodizing, etching, and TIME TIME TIME, then more TIME. Hell, I probably have more Time (COST!) in driving to and from the machinists, anodizer, and back and forth than $700, maybe not, but it's close I'm sure. It's a shame Gemtech can't get their s--t together, update the design to take multi-mounts, use a modern baffle, and BE IN STOCK.

The Mystic/Infinity or SG seem fine really. Both have pros and cons, but so does the MK9K. In a perfect world, a 2011 model MK-9K, short of that, whatever works best for you that you can just buy and move on. To be honest, I like my MP5+MKlone but I can imagine having more fun with other guns, or rather, other guns are certainly more practical.
3s1k

Post by 3s1k »

I had my dealer order me a YHM Wraith XL to use on my m11. I hope it sounds good, I decided to go with a thread on so I could use it on a 92FS I plan to get one day. It's basically a dedicated Lage m11 can so no real need for the QD. It's 8.5" long and 1.625" diameter and 11oz.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

attherange wrote:Hey guys,

The Carlson Comps GAS/BRASS KICKER was designed to divert the gas blow-back and deflect the brass from the ejection port of M11/9 when using a can. It is also left hander user friendly.

Thanks,
Greg
And it works very very well....
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

dtom29 wrote:

Thanks,
Greg
I've got one that I never installed if anyone needs one.
Davy Keith
3s1k

Post by 3s1k »

dtom29 wrote:

Thanks,
Greg
I've got one that I never installed if anyone needs one.
If its free send it my way :D
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

Are those gas blockers made for the stock upper or something like a Lage upper?