Thompson Machine SG

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Thompson Machine SG

Post by keithinvestigations »

Anyone have one of these? Please don't shoot me down for not using the search feature. Either it doesn't like me or my computer because I can't find jack crap with it.

Thinking about getting one of these for my M11/9 SMG. My question is, who here runs it with a .22 Lage conversion. I realize it's going to gum it up bad but it does break down and could be cleaned.
Davy Keith
Fairbanksan

Re: Thompson Machine SG

Post by Fairbanksan »

It's a great can.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72748
AWC MK9
Gemtech Outback II
Gemtech Trinity
Gemtech Oasis
AAC Ti-RANT .45
A&E RC
YHM Maxim Woodsman
YHM Stainless Phantom 5.56
Thompson Machine SG
SilencerCo 22Sparrow SS (x 3)
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Good deal. I think this will be the one that I will go with.
Davy Keith
shinglemonkey
Silent Operator

Post by shinglemonkey »

It falls into my "stupid quiet" category.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

i'm also looking into one of these, how to they compare to the older ones like GemTech or Bowers?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I guess I don't understand why the mounts aren't replaceable ala Mystic, Evo, Trident, Multimount, etc.

If it had that feature, I would have been inclined to buy.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

so you can take the baffle out but the threads to attach it to the gun are peppermint? i'm looking at this for my MAC, Lage upper, and an AR in 9mm. i sent thompson an email asking a few questions as well as if they are in stock
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

sardo67 wrote:so you can take the baffle out but the threads to attach it to the gun are peppermint? i'm looking at this for my MAC, Lage upper, and an AR in 9mm. i sent thompson an email asking a few questions as well as if they are in stock
No, they are aluminum. :) You can use it on all three of those that you mentioned....get the can with the 3/4x10 mount, and buy a 3/4x10-1/2x28 adapter from TROS. It works out very well.

And yes, the SG is very quiet with no gas blow back on the M11. On an M11/9, the GT Multimount is a lot louder, and will gas the hell out of you.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

well i guess i'll get one then. sent thompson an email.
ssnfa
Silent But Deadly

Post by ssnfa »

I have SG #6 on a full auto factory IMI Army Uzi and I LOVE IT!!! The SG has had the core updated since then and it is even quiter. I am selling mine soon (Along with a WASP, CHD and QMF that are all still on a Form 3) to upgrade to the newer cores.

Corey A. Shaffer, President
Safe & Secure, LLC
d.b.a - SSNFA & NFA Shirts
[email protected]
07 FFL/02 SOT
www.nfashirts.com
www.hushindiana.com
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

ssnfa wrote:I have SG #6 on a full auto factory IMI Army Uzi and I LOVE IT!!! The SG has had the core updated since then and it is even quiter. I am selling mine soon (Along with a WASP, CHD and QMF that are all still on a Form 3) to upgrade to the newer cores.

can you post a few pics of the break down process? i'm in Afghanistan right now so i cant see youtube or most pics from photobucket although yours work.

i also emailed you about the cans you mentioned.
ssnfa
Silent But Deadly

Post by ssnfa »

sardo67 wrote: can you post a few pics of the break down process? i'm in Afghanistan right now so i cant see youtube or most pics from photobucket although yours work.

i also emailed you about the cans you mentioned.
The can only has three parts, the monocore baffle stack which also serves as the exit side endcap, the tube and the muzzle side endcap/mount which is fixed (loctited). So it only comes apart in two pieces. Although I am not a true employee of Thompson Machine, I do T&E for them and I don't want to post pics of the baffles for both privacy reasons and ITAR reasons. I haven't got your email yet ( my email is [email protected] ) but I will email you some side angle shots of the core if that helps give you an idea.
Safe & Secure, LLC
[email protected]
07 FFL/02 SOT
www.nfashirts.com
www.hushindiana.com
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

send you another, the first one may have gone to your spam folder?
if not my email is.... [email protected]
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

ssnfa wrote:
sardo67 wrote: Although I am not a true employee of Thompson Machine, I do T&E for them and I don't want to post pics of the baffles for both privacy reasons and ITAR reasons. I haven't got your email yet ( my email is [email protected] ) but I will email you some side angle shots of the core if that helps give you an idea.
How could posting pictures of the baffles and breakdown process be any violation of privacy or ITAR when this can is already released and on the market? Thompson has a youtube video of breaking down the can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im1BzMnF2W8 The only time a T&E would violate privacy or ITAR would be on a new unreleased model.
Davy Keith
ssnfa
Silent But Deadly

Post by ssnfa »

keithinvestigations wrote:
ssnfa wrote:
sardo67 wrote: Although I am not a true employee of Thompson Machine, I do T&E for them and I don't want to post pics of the baffles for both privacy reasons and ITAR reasons. I haven't got your email yet ( my email is [email protected] ) but I will email you some side angle shots of the core if that helps give you an idea.
How could posting pictures of the baffles and breakdown process be any violation of privacy or ITAR when this can is already released and on the market? Thompson has a youtube video of breaking down the can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im1BzMnF2W8 The only time a T&E would violate privacy or ITAR would be on a new unreleased model.

Privacy due to not wanting the new core design public any sooner then it needs to be and ITAR because a manufcturer posting photos of cores to the public via the internet is a violation of ITAR. Sounds stupid, but when the State Department calls to ask why you are doing it then it is a hint to NOT DO IT.
Safe & Secure, LLC
[email protected]
07 FFL/02 SOT
www.nfashirts.com
www.hushindiana.com
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

is that a new ruling? i can look up cans that are patented or on some of the home made suppressor threads on various sites.
kogashuko
Silent But Deadly

Post by kogashuko »

Ever since the ITT thing I think everyone is careful when it comes to ITAR.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

sorry for the off topic question here but what did ITT do?
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Itt sold night vision and LIF's to china. Paid 100 million penalty
Stupid, stupid NFA items.