Gemtech Oasis Pistol dissasemble

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Gemtech Oasis Pistol dissasemble

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I just received my Form 4 for my Gem tech Oasis Pistol. I read alot on it, and some of the time I was getting kinda disappointed about it being loud and it not being user serviceable. put about a 200 rd threw her, ran flawlessly and was a pretty quite and but could easily be mistaken for a load pellet gun. so I contacted gem tech a few months ago on instructions on how to take the silencer apart and told them i knew it would void my warranty if i did so, but i figured what the hell it cant hurt. I took it home got a pair of pliers and some electric tape, rag, and a lighter(bic) heated it up to burn the locktite off took the electric tape wrapped it around the pliers to prevent galling and used the rag for the same purpose. End cap came right off standard rightey tightey , leftey loosey but underneath it had a ring with 4 half circles for some kinda prong tool, well I didnt have that, but my brass key worked pretty well, had to heat it up again, and it came right off, used a dental pick and used it to pull the baffles forward, it had 6 K baffles and half inch spacer at the end and the first baffel had a hole drilled in it where the front sight screw was at and i had to remove the screw before taking the baffles out but now it user serviceable. Just firing 200 round it had a decent amount of carbon and lead in the tube and baffles. I was willing to pay the piper if i fucked it up but success it user serviceable and not im gonna make a 2 prong tool out of a socket and and some 1/8" rods and drill the cap, and ill have a tool to take apart my can with out all that excess Miggiver s--t. The hardest part is lining up the hole for the front sight in the first baffle nearest to the end cap, and it looks like it could us another half inch space in it to make the blast chamber bigger, I wonder if that woud improve any suppression.
Love the Gemtech Oasis just not the face it couldnt be taken apart.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gemtech Oasis Pistol dissasemble

Post by CThomas »

No No No now go back take it apart again and take pictures.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Oh I forgot the number one rule I have to show the evidence I will take it apart agian in the morning and post some pics sry but one thing it does not have a steel blast baffle
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

pics or it didnt happen :D
NP
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

better yet... tutorial vid... id love to see how you did that!!
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

how do i post pics i cant figure it out
Member of LSU
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Well I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures to post but I put them on Flickr but the just work your way from bottom to top. When i assembled it I stacked the baffles, and held the silencer upside down and slide it in the tube. Ill I made sure is to do was aline the home in the first baffle for the front sight. here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64191225@N ... 839661098/
Member of LSU
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

Cool. Looks exactly like my Outback.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Here is a video of the gun shot in first person and next to a standard Walther P22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fm13r8dsAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5cXvg_H0w&NR=1
Member of LSU