SWD M11/9 suppressor suggestions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

SWD M11/9 suppressor suggestions

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I'm looking to get a M11/9 here in a few months just saving the money. I also want to have at least 700 for a suppressor to go with the SMG. I headr Gemtech Viper, Gemtech mk9k, bower CaC 9, AWC Mk9, Coastal MIMs, and Thompson machine any suggestions :?:
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Re: SWD M11/9 suppressor suggestions

Post by CThomas »

Gemtech mk9k,
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I watched a video on it and it sounded nice is the can userserviable
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

What about the Mysticeti by liberty suppressors it's titanium user serviceable and only 750 MSRP it
Looks interesting anyon know anything about them
Member of LSU
RamblinMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by RamblinMan »

Those are all great suggestions, and I think they are also about it as far as high volume subgun cans go. I can't think of any others you should consider at the time. There are some more versatile cans that would work, like the Trident, but as I have a Trident and a big subgun can both, I can tell you the dedicated one was worth the scratch.

Here was my thinking:

All of the suppressors you listed are holy friggin' geez huge except the Gemtech ones. The MK9 and SG are 2" diameter, and the MIMS and CAC9 are 1.75" diameter, and all of those are at or a hair shy of 12" long. The MK9 weighs 29oz., SG 23 oz., MIMS 20oz., and CAC9 18oz.

The Viper would be great, except you're going to get a Lage upper, aren't you? You are, right? Because if you're not, you're nuts. The shield on the Viper would be the perfect grip for a stock M11/9, but even if you shoot stock, you're going to want to shoot in both configurations. Richard does offer a MAX-11 barrel with 3/4-10 threads, but I would think it would be much more desirable to modify the stock barrel to match whatever attachment method you're using on your Lage upper. The Lage upper will suppress much better than the stock upper, too. Stock M11/9s are noisy no matter what can you slap on them.

The MK-9K was where I ended up. 20oz. in weight, 2" in diameter, 7.5" long, and still lots of volume to ease up on that back-pressure. The design is a lot like the Gemtech G5-22, where the stack is smaller than the ID of the tube and centered in the middle, so the blast baffle sends a bunch of the gas out into the space between the tube and the stack. Here's a pic that Kel posted of the G5-22 that might illustrate what I'm trying to explain.

So that's my two cents. Pistol cans that can handle full auto work OK on an Uzi maybe, but they're not for the M11/9. Viper only if you're not going to slap a Lage on there, and all the other ones, except the MK-9K, are a friggin' foot long!

The MK-9K is an awesome can.

As a second choice, I would go with the Bowers. Chili17 raves about them often, and Tom has a more than super reputation for standing behind his product.
[img]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/RamblinManPB/General/TS.jpg[/img]
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Bowers CAC-9, They are all a foot long because you need the internal volume when shooting FA(JMO :wink: ). The CAC-9 is the way to go. Well made,interchangable thread adapters(no need to have anything threaded just change the adapter to go from Lage to M-11 threads) as quiet as your going to get an M-11, customer service that is unbelieveable, from a great guy to deal with.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Everyone said large volume can for my Mac. I was using the Multimount as a stop gap for my Mac can while waiting for my dedicated one. Well the dedicated can took 14 months of screwing around not to mention well over a grand and half a dozen trips to the post office and my SOT's..I honestly wouldn't bother with a large volume except for one reason and thats to hold on to..I'd go Mystic or Infiniti and then you can use it on all kinds of hosts when not on your Mac.

You be the judge and tell me if the blowback looks bad here. The blowback on my dedicated can was so bad that it made the recon ordinance mags black after one mag dump..That had a blast chamber as big as the Multimount itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TfArCRux0
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

Chondro Dude you need to lean into that M11 when shooting it as it almost knocked you over. :lol:

No doubt there some other newer options out there but the MK9K has been a great subgun can for a long time, get the trilock version and there is nothing quicker for on and off. It can also do 300 Blackout subsonic. The inner core cannot be serviced by end user, but it can be soaked (no dip as it is aluminum) and it is good to go.
Last edited by CThomas on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Well
I just want to know is is userserviable and where can I get a three lug adapet for 3/4x10 for
An m11
Member of LSU
RamblinMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by RamblinMan »

Yeah, I do see a fair share of white smoke in your face in that video. Windy days help of course. Sorry about your bum deal on that large volume can you got. Which one is it?
RamblinMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by RamblinMan »

Jt.kline19 wrote:Well
I just want to know is is userserviable and where can I get a three lug adapet for 3/4x10 for
An m11
I think it would defeat the purpose a bit to adapt from 3/4-10 to a three-lug. I have never seen an adapter like that.

From the sounds of it, if you're wanting user serviceability and the ability to use 3/4-10 threads and Lage threads, I'd say go with the Bowers. The price is right, too.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Jt.kline19 wrote:Well
I just want to know is is user serviceable and where can I get a three lug adapeter for 3/4x10 for an m11
It would be pointless getting that adapter made. The problem with 3/4 x10 threads is they unscrew quicker. You will need to hold the can while firing and they get hot fast.

If you decide to go with the Mk9k, you might consider the Mk9k 3-lug mount. In that case, I would suggest sending in your M11 barrel to Gemtech. Dater will re-thread the entire front length of the barrel from crown to barrel stop with 1/2x28 threads and then pin or rockset a 3-lug adapter on it. Dater also suggests not holding the can while shooting. The 3 lug mount and adapter will secure the can w/o holing it. Gemtech will warranty the work against strikes after that. It would look something like this:
c/o Uzitalk.com

They only reason I did not get the 3 lug is because, "I like my junk shrunk." My barrel is cut short and threaded 1/2 x 28. I saved 1.5 inches by getting a 1/2 x 28 mount. The 1/2 x28 threads work well on my re-threaded m11/9 upper and the Max-11 too.

What about the Lage M-11/22 kit? You know you'll want that too.
*I DO NOT recommend using the Mk9k with rimfire ammo.
With 1/2 x 28 threads you can use what ever all stainless steel .22LR suppressor you want for the .22LR kit. I like my TM/Liberty hybrid or SS Sparrow.

Remember... for $40, you can get additional M11/9 barreled uppers. 1 OEM, 1 3-lugged and 1 for a dedicated .22 kit. So any option is possible. :)

BUT, the cheapest/fastest/easiest way to suppress the OEM M11/9, Max-11 (with the 3/4 x10 barrel) and M-11/22 kit is to just go with Bower's CAC-9 with the 3/4 x10 mount. You could send it back to get the lead cleaned out every now and then for the price of shipping.

P.S.
The Mk9k is awesome on the M11A1 too.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

[quote="Jt.kline19"]Well
I just want to know is is userserviable /quote]

Answer to this was already posted. I highlighted it for you above in red
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

I just went through all this trying to decide which can to get for my m11/9 and I am going to go with the Liberty Infinity. I was originally looking at the mystic but the weight worried me a little because I would like to use it on a pistol. Then Liberty came out with the Infinity which shaves about 4 to 5 ounces off and still retains all the calibers I would want to shoot through it anyway. I ended up ordering a gas kicker from Carlson Comps and will get the internal and external gas blockers. From what I have seen online the combination of the gas blockers and Gas kicker really defeats the whole point of getting a huge sub gun can. I plan on running the max 11-22 upper 90% of the time anyway and I wouldn't imagine the blow back from a .22 would be bad on a 9mm can. My whole thing was to get the most versatile can I could that I could use on as many calibers as possible and still have good suppression across the board. Now I haven't got to shoot my M11/9 suppressed yet so this is all hearsay but after much research this is what I have come up with. Hopefully it helps because I know it's a tough decision when you are purchasing something you will probably have for the rest of your life.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

That helps alot that's the way I feel, but so far liberty has a userserivable multipurpose can that is full auto rated,and that what I'm looking for. I'm about sold
On the liberty mystic more along my price range than the infinity. I'm going to look at te brand you mentioned and I want to be able to use it on my glock 19 as well so the mystic sound very tempting right now but I'm gonna wait till after my SMG get to the dealer here in a few weeks or if it's like the last form 3 I had two fucking months.
Member of LSU
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

CThomas wrote:Chondro Dude you need to lean into that M11 when shooting it as it almost knocked you over. :lol:
Yeah that was my first time shooting it. Sad thing is thats an M-10 and weighs about twice as much as the M11..But then again I don't weight that much.. :lol:

Guys good choice with the Mystic/Infiniti..Freaking awesome cans..By next weekend I'll be shooting 350 Remington Subs with my 660 through my Mystic.. :D
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Post by keithinvestigations »

I'm less than 20 to 30 days to having my SWD M/11. So far I have the following:

Lage flat top upper, check
Lage folding stock, check
Eotech xps2, check

suppressor, uuughhhh I don't know.

I was thinking about the Liberty Infinity but it's a smaller can. From what I've read here, I really need a 2" can to handle the gas. I just emailed Richard Lage about ordering the internal and external gas blocks. Someone please point me in the right direction for a suppressor on this gun. I want one that I can take apart, I'm not a fan of anything that I can't tear down just for the simple reason that I want to look at it and clean it even though it may or may not need cleaning, lol. I'm just overwhelmed at all the choices and I don't want to make another Coastal Gun Suppressor mistake if you know what I mean.
Davy Keith
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Post by keithinvestigations »

I have a Coastal Gun Ultima 9mm suppressor. Aluminum sleeve, aluminum K baffles. What would happen if I shot this on my SWD M/11 full auto? I see other full auto rated cans that are all aluminum on the market. I contacted Coastal Guns and the only response I got from them was in all caps, "I HAVE NOT SHOT OUR SUPPRESSOR ON A FULL AUTO." lol, got to love their customer support.
Davy Keith
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

keithinvestigations wrote:I'm less than 20 to 30 days to having my SWD M/11. So far I have the following:

Lage flat top upper, check
Lage folding stock, check
Eotech xps2, check

suppressor, uuughhhh I don't know.

I was thinking about the Liberty Infinity but it's a smaller can. From what I've read here, I really need a 2" can to handle the gas. I just emailed Richard Lage about ordering the internal and external gas blocks. Someone please point me in the right direction for a suppressor on this gun. I want one that I can take apart, I'm not a fan of anything that I can't tear down just for the simple reason that I want to look at it and clean it even though it may or may not need cleaning, lol. I'm just overwhelmed at all the choices and I don't want to make another Coastal Gun Suppressor mistake if you know what I mean.
really hard to go wrong with a gemtech mk9k, awc mk9, bowers cac9 for smg cans
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]