FREE DTA Nano Suppressor / Minigun T-shirt Design Contest

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

FREE DTA Nano Suppressor / Minigun T-shirt Design Contest

Post by James DeGroat »

Hello Everyone,

It's time for DTA to have a Minigun t-shirt and I need your help.

Design us a really cool Minigun t-shirt that can be screen printed in either one or two colors.

What should be included on the t-shirt:

DTA Logo (see below)
Company Name "DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC."
Web Address "www.ArmamentSales.com"
A really nice image of a Minigun that be screen printed
Shirt design can also be one sided or front and back.
Interesting quotes or says can also be included on the shirt.

The goal here is to design a very cool Minigun shirt that everyone would love but also includes our company branding on it.

Minigun images can be found on our facebook page, but other non copyrighted Minigun images are also acceptable. For those that have a really good design, but need a cert view/angle of the Minigun to perfect everything, I'm willing to take new pictures for you. If you see a photo on our facebook page that you need in high res, let me know and I'll e-mail a copy of the photo over ASAP.

Check out our facebook page and while you're there "LIKE" us as well.

http://www.facebook.com/DeGroatTactical

Photos of your t-shirt designs will need to be posted on our facebook page or e-mailed to me to be posted.

Try not to copy other peoples designs, but the goal again is to have the coolest Minigun shirt design so if you think you can out do a design, go for it.

Design Contest will end August 1st at 1am Mountain time (but could possibly be extended)

The person with the winning desing will receive a DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC. Nano suppressor free of chage (winner is responsible for all taxes and transfer fees).

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: FREE DTA Nano Suppressor / Minigun T-shirt Design Contes

Post by JasonM »

I am in!
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Facebook? Yeeesh. :cry:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

JasonM wrote:I am in!
I just checked out your website and yeah I would say "kick ass design" fits you well :D

I look forward to your designs.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

:lol:

This again....I cant wait till you pull the "everyone wins" scheme again. "Ill give everyone of the finalists a discount on my suppressors" So you get new designs and you still get sales, you've already done this before. Why dont you spend more time designing a suppressor thats NOT loud instead of worrying about Tshirts.

Just use the crossed miniguns logo with the skull wearing the beret that I made for your webpage during your last "contest". Its more than adequate and you can keep the damn nano. :mrgreen:

Remember these? My submissions from the last contest...pretty much what you need. Just use those and be done with it, back to R&D.

Last edited by Fireman1291 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Yeah, I think you can go ahead and declare Jason the winner. Just look at the T-shirts and other merch he did for AAC.

Can't wait to see what he comes up with!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Fireman1291 wrote::lol:
This again....I cant wait till you pull the "everyone wins" scheme again. "Ill give everyone of the finalists a discount on my suppressors" So you get new designs and you still get sales, you've already done this before. Why dont you spend more time designing a suppressor thats NOT loud instead of worrying about Tshirts.
Maybe he could conduct a poll on this first, before simply jumping into doing more R&D versus producing Tshirts. :D
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Fireman, last contest was not for a t-shirt design, it was for a unique design for my company name and one was never picked.

This is my first ever t-shirt contest.

Main reason for this is I want a nice minigun shirt and well needless to say I'm not an artist.

I look forward to everyone's designs.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

How about a "wet" T shirt contest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Win win. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Emilio wrote:How about a "wet" T shirt contest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Win win. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that is total WIN :D :D
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Fireman1291 wrote::lol:

Just use the crossed miniguns logo with the skull wearing the beret that I made for your webpage during your last "contest". Its more than adequate and you can keep the damn nano. :mrgreen:

Remember these? My submissions from the last contest...pretty much what you need. Just use those and be done with it, back to R&D.

That's being a serious dick right there. Check his website, none of the submissions from the previous contest are used.

It was out of generosity and being a gentleman that he chose to hand out concession prizes for the previous contest. Most people didn't even bother to read what he was wanting. For example, that crossed mini-guns and skull thing you did. He wanted new typography for his site name, not a new logo. Your design was not a valid entry for the contest.

I know I sound snarky, but I don't like it when someone goes after a manufacturer who went out of their way to be nice to people even when none of the submissions to a contest met the standards.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
aklikessuppressors

Post by aklikessuppressors »

Here's my design. Hope everyone likes it. Let me know what you think!
AWC ODYSSEY II • AAC ECO-9 • DTA NANO
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Very nice.... aklikesuppressors :D

Just to remind everyone, August 1st at 1am this contest will end so everyone be sure to post your designs to have a chance at winning a Free Nano Suppressors.

I will accept designs posted both on this site as well as on my DTA facebook page.

Keep them coming.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

I did website fonts as well, but that's not the point. Saying everyone is a winner and then making the prize a discount on your silencers that you do every year anyway is slimey. I really don't care about winning either one it just pissed me off that he used it to generate sales. :?

"That's being a serious dick right there. Check his website, none of the submissions from the previous contest are used.

It was out of generosity and being a gentleman that he chose to hand out concession prizes for the previous contest. Most people didn't even bother to read what he was wanting. For example, that crossed mini-guns and skull thing you did. He wanted new typography for his site name, not a new logo. Your design was not a valid entry for the contest.

I know I sound snarky, but I don't like it when someone goes after a manufacturer who went out of their way to be nice to people even when none of the submissions to a contest met the standards.[/quote]
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
597shooter

Post by 597shooter »

This started as a joke...

add an easy to print mini gun on there and you got it made.
Enjoy
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Fireman1291 wrote:I did website fonts as well, but that's not the point. Saying everyone is a winner and then making the prize a discount on your silencers that you do every year anyway is slimey. I really don't care about winning either one it just pissed me off that he used it to generate sales. :?
I have to ask, if it bugs you so much why do you take me up on the offer each time? :?

Your Mk 9 Mod 0 you got at very nice discounted price and later you were offered another nice discount and you wanted me to pass the deal along to a friend of yours to help him get started in suppressors, and being the nice guy that I am I did and he got a Mk 99 Mod 0. If I recall I think you even tried pushing two deals together to get a free suppressor from me.

I think the issue here is that you haven't been picked as a grand prize winner yet and it bugs you.

You've entered every contest I've ever had, but now you tell me you don't like them or my products. I do find that funny as you always try to win something from me by entering the contest.

If it makes you feel better Adam I never had any plans to offer any discounted prices on the Nano suppressors from this contest.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

597shooter wrote:This started as a joke...

add an easy to print mini gun on there and you got it made.
Enjoy
Interesting to see that on a shirt :lol:
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Re: FREE DTA Nano Suppressor / Minigun T-shirt Design Cont

Post by Fireman1291 »

I never tried to combine deals....so don't know where you got that. I guess I was left with a sour taste in my mouth from my mk9mod0 with the botched serial number. I was told "o well, it's discounted" and yes I passed the "deal" to my friend because I didn't want to fork out over $300 for a can I didn't need. I could care less if I'm not the winner, yeah it's nice to win things but if I want something I'll save up and buy it, end of story. I don't make a ton of money working for a local government but I make it work even if it takes time. If you want to continue this argument feel free to contact me via PM I don't think your contest is the place to do it.

Btw next time just crush the tube and start over, it's sloppy and not a way to run a business. You've done a hell of a job building up your company rebuilding mini guns and I give you kudos for that, just don't cut corners.

James DeGroat wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:I did website fonts as well, but that's not the point. Saying everyone is a winner and then making the prize a discount on your silencers that you do every year anyway is slimey. I really don't care about winning either one it just pissed me off that he used it to generate sales. :?
I have to ask, if it bugs you so much why do you take me up on the offer each time? :?

Your Mk 9 Mod 0 you got at very nice discounted price and later you were offered another nice discount and you wanted me to pass the deal along to a friend of yours to help him get started in suppressors, and being the nice guy that I am I did and he got a Mk 99 Mod 0. If I recall I think you even tried pushing two deals together to get a free suppressor from me.

I think the issue here is that you haven't been picked as a grand prize winner yet and it bugs you.

You've entered every contest I've ever had, but now you tell me you don't like them or my products. I do find that funny as you always try to win something from me by entering the contest.

If it makes you feel better Adam I never had any plans to offer any discounted prices on the Nano suppressors from this contest.
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Never once did I say "o well, it's discounted", I really wish you would stop with these lies.

For the record, every single MK 9 Mod 0 serial number looks like yours, you can thank the ATF for that. At the time those tubes were made I was doing the order for the Military contract and already had all the tubes machined, anodized, and laser engraved when I sent out the paperwork to register them with the ATF. ATF said I couldn't use those numbers as I already used them on my Mk 99 Mod 0, and well needless to say I didn't have time to remake all the tubes before I had to ship the military order out (which I should also note they cut the delivery date in half from when I bid the job). I tried to work with the ATF on this and they suggested that I convert the 7 to a Z and redo my paperwork so that's what I did. It was either I do that fix, or I miss the delivery date on the Military order.

You know, you've had your Mk 9 Mod 0 suppressor for over 2 years now, and NOT ONCE have you e-mailed me with a single issue that might have with the suppressor. This is why I think you're upset with not ever winning one of my contest and want/need some reason to complain about something. If this isn't the case, take me up on my refund offer.

I think it would be a lot more productive on your end if you actually e-mail or pm me when and if you have an issue instead of trying to make up some BS here, which you and I both know are lies.

Totally agree my contest isn't the place for this, but I'm not the one that started this or spread it over to another thread, and I'm not going to sit and watch you cast me in a negative light with lies.

So are you ready for that refund that I offered in the other thread?
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Never saw a refund offer as I don't sit on here all day. And I'm not lying, and no I don't give two shits about winning a contest/$400can. And no I don't want a refund, i bought a tirant and osprey and they are my goto 9mm cans as they suppress to great levels. I'll send your fucking can to liberty to get recored one day. I was prepared to apologize for going about this the wrong way, but calling me a liar? Screw you and your loud ass suppressors.
Last edited by Fireman1291 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
aklikessuppressors

aklikessuppressors

Ok, I cant satnd it any more! Who's the winner of the contest?
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Awe, a day late and a NANO short. :-( Wish I had seen this sooner.
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Hello Everyone,

With only three people entering in the contest, it makes it kind of hard picking a winner. :shock:

Here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to run this contest for another week, so all new entries must be posted by 1am Mountain time on August 9th. They can be either posted here or on my DTA facebook page.

This time it will be for a second or even third design that I'll use. :wink:

With that said, for this past weeks t-shirt design contest, I will pick Aklikessuppressors as the winner and he will be receiving a FREE Nano Suppressor. I will have him tweak his design just a little, but overall I do like it.

597shooter and Fireman1291 you will receive a free Minigun shirt once they go into print and are ready to ship.

Come on guys let's see those Minigun t-shirt designs.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

597shooter

Post by 597shooter »

Wow a 1 in 3 shot at a great suppressor, who would have thought. Thanks for the opportunity.