Does an AK suppress better than a Sig 556 sbr? B4 I sell

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Kip42
Senior Silent Operator

Does an AK suppress better than a Sig 556 sbr? B4 I sell

Post by Kip42 »

I have the NFA 10 inch SBR that I made off the Sig 556 pistol. It is extremly front heavy. It is really hard to open a door and hold the sbr one handed. It fires a round that I am not comfortable with out of such a short barrel.

Only reason I might keep it is because it has a surefire can on it.

How much more muzzle flash will a 10-12 inch ak sbr have with a can than the suppressed sig 5.56 at night?

Will the ak be much more louder and will it be recognized as a shot? I read that the AK suppresses better than the SBR sig. BTW alot of crap blows back on the sig sbr with a can on it. Otherwise I am selling this thing to buy more aks :-)
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does an AK suppress better than a Sig 556 sbr? B4 I sell

Post by JasonM »

the AK will be louder.

if you want a quieter, better-performing SBR, you should look at http://www.300aacblackout.com

For the 5.56 gun, since you already have a can, I'd go AR with regular (DI) (add a switchblock if you want) upper in 12.5 with a heavier stock (LMT SOPMOD, magpul ACS, etc).

Terminal performance, sound performance, and balance should be better.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Kip42
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Does an AK suppress better than a Sig 556 sbr? B4 I sell

Post by Kip42 »

I dont trust an AR as far as I can throw one. I overall hate the design and want a rifle that will run when really dirty. How much more muzzle flash will an ak with a suppressor have than a sig 556 with a suppressor?