Four month wait?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Stout
Silent But Deadly

Re: Four month wait?

Post by Stout »

Just buy some NFA item each month and send off the paperwork. That way it's Christmas every month! Starting 6 months from now.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Well said!
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

I stated in another thread that as bad as I hate the wait, I enjoy the right to own NFA weapons.

There are a s--t load of people that would gladly wait, but don't have that option according to this web site.

http://www.shootersdepot.com/legalities.html

Could be an out dated site, but it was the first one that came up with a google search.
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

WooD wrote:I stated in another thread that as bad as I hate the wait, I enjoy the right to own NFA weapons.

There are a s--t load of people that would gladly wait, but don't have that option according to this web site.

http://www.shootersdepot.com/legalities.html

Could be an out dated site, but it was the first one that came up with a google search.
<edit>
That was probably a bit harsh but the guy really is a troll. I deleted my remark about Shooter Depot.
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

M40A1308M wrote:See the problem here is you are trying to rationalize WHERE the money is going and where it is being used, as to getting YOUR paperwork done. HA! NO ONE GIVES A s--t that was my point. They will continue to take the time they have to do the work and with the people they have while the money goes to fund what ever they want it to I.E. Golf outings , dinners, cars. Whatever!

Ohk to all those who say get over the wait, its just the way it is: At what point does the wait become ridiculous to you? I think any amount of "months" is too much to process a simple trust, or do a simple background check. Do you need to wait a year? two years? When do YOU get mad about how long its taking?
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

And again I say what are YOU I mean WE going to do about it? NOTHING is the simple answer here that you will be stuck with. Instead you will write post after long drawn out post about how terrible the WAIT is and get MAD about it but in the end you will accomplish absolutely nothing, Nada, bub-kiss, squirt.

In fact the agent I spoke about in my earlier post in fact confirmed that yes it could and should move more smoothly and allot faster but it won't. Powers at be keep it the way it is for a reason what that reason she had no clue. She has in fact ask that question many times and has gotten the same depressing answer we all get. So you see unless we get the whole country into buying a collecting NFA and I mean every man, woman and child into NFA then it will remain as it is now end of story.

But be glad and happy you can have what you do at all I fear this time is quickly coming to a end for allot of the things we take for granted.
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

I dont think that was a long drawn out post at all, you said a lot more than me. Who exactly did you talk to?
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I was speaking in generalities about THE WAIT posts and the people posting about it. I guess it did look as if I was pointing a finger more at you but that was a oversight. And since her name is not important I will leave that at that.

And see as we banter back and forth time passes it would seem more quickly.
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

M40A1308M wrote:I was speaking in generalities about THE WAIT posts and the people posting about it. I guess it did look as if I was pointing a finger more at you but that was a oversight. And since her name is not important I will leave that at that.

And see as we banter back and forth time passes it would seem more quickly.

I've been thinking about buying another can lately, but have decided I will wait instead. I am going to buy my first house soon and am planning on getting an 02/07 sot/ffl. I could go buy a can now, or buy a house and set up a business. Wait for the atf to approve my business, call and order what I want and wait for the form 3 to be approved and have what I wanted faster than buying it as an individual.

How dumb is that? I realize it most likely wont happen that fast but If I were already closing on a house it would be realistic.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Well not sure how it is done where you are but all you need is your house zoned for business and some hard fast store hours and you are on your way to having cool stuff. I know there is a little more to it than that but you get the idea. I think the road you are about to travel is going to be longer but better in the end for you and your prosperity good luck in your in-devours and congrats on the new home.
john1969

Post by john1969 »

Still waiting....... should I call ATF or will that put me back to the bottom?
Boston's Gun Bible...Javelin Press
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

john1969 wrote:Still waiting....... should I call ATF or will that put me back to the bottom?

Calling doesn't put you at the bottom. Give them a call and see what's going on.
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Yes you should call ! And use terms like " YOU BETTER DO WHAT I SAY" and " I PAY YOUR FUCKING SALARY " and " I HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH YOU BETTER TRANSFER MY ITEM OR ELSE!!!!! " This will definitely get you to the head of the line in fact you will even be placed in a VERY special stack of papers for the really important people. It is a small round or rectangular file cab-nit kept close to the floor at the BTAF branch.

Now if you just get paranoid, as is sound as you have already have gotten to this point. Then simply ask " What is the status of the transfer?" NOTHING ELSE!!!! Any thing else is a possible yellow sticky note in the brain of the examiner that reads. BOTHERSOME IDIOT!!! . They will not give you any other info anyway nor will they tell you WHY it is taking so long. Then they will place your paperwork at the bottom of the pile cause they had to dig it out and that in it self was a pain in the ass.

So in short, SURE CALL!
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

M40A1308M wrote:Yes you should call ! And use terms like " YOU BETTER DO WHAT I SAY" and " I PAY YOUR FUCKING SALARY " and " I HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH YOU BETTER TRANSFER MY ITEM OR ELSE!!!!! " This will definitely get you to the head of the line in fact you will even be placed in a VERY special stack of papers for the really important people. It is a small round or rectangular file cab-nit kept close to the floor at the BTAF branch.

Now if you just get paranoid, as is sound as you have already have gotten to this point. Then simply ask " What is the status of the transfer?" NOTHING ELSE!!!! Any thing else is a possible yellow sticky note in the brain of the examiner that reads. BOTHERSOME IDIOT!!! . They will not give you any other info anyway nor will they tell you WHY it is taking so long. Then they will place your paperwork at the bottom of the pile cause they had to dig it out and that in it self was a pain in the ass.

So in short, SURE CALL!

It's not necessary to be rude when calling,But if you have a good examiner they give you all the info they can. I have spoken Albert Lamberger (My examiner for FL) he has been nothing but professional, Always answered my question.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

If you actually read my post you will see that is exactly what I was saying. Those quotes are some I have heard from the examiners I have talked to. Now that said I added the comedy about the FILE 13 they said it is against policy to trash anyone's paperwork PERIOD.

But heed this warning if you make your self a nuisance or you become a bother or a ass you better believe they will not RUSH to do you any favors.
jhargiss1

Post by jhargiss1 »

I just got my 2 cans a week ago and took 7 months to the day! Went pending in June! And not my first items!
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I've done two Form 1's so far and each took < 3 months to complete...going on 3.5 months on my first Form 4 and this is also the first since the changeup so I'm hopeful it'll get done soon :(
Rumnhammer

Post by Rumnhammer »

I just got my paperwork sent off to the BATF today, my plan is to try and just forget about the suppressor, so when it comes back in June or July it will just be a nice suprise. I don't think it does any good to torture yourself, by thinking about it everyday. Doing that will just make it feel like it takes even longer then it does.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Rumnhammer wrote:I just got my paperwork sent off to the BATF today, my plan is to try and just forget about the suppressor, so when it comes back in June or July it will just be a nice suprise. I don't think it does any good to torture yourself, by thinking about it everyday. Doing that will just make it feel like it takes even longer then it does.
Ive been thinking about silencers everyother day for the last twenty years!! :lol:
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Lucky for me my work sucks my life away so 6 months will go by fast. :)
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Harvey Breewton

Post by Harvey Breewton »

I just added twenty dollar bill with my check - you know - a tip. And the can was in my hands 5 months and two day later! I'm going to try forty next time! :mrgreen: just have fun waiting.
john1969

Post by john1969 »

[quote]Now if you just get paranoid, as is sound as you have already have gotten to this point.[/quote]

No sir, not paranoid. Just have money tied up for so long that could be somewhere else. Plus all the running around. Pictures, sheriff's office, state police no longer does finger printing for this type stuff so a trip to the county jail fancy name (Regional Detention Center) Just to be turned down :( And gosh darn, it I'm a tax payer and expect better service. They work for me right? We need One Stop Shopping for all this!! But then, all the gas I used went to gas tax and helped support a oil producing country....... :D

Then again, it doesn't matter now, got my stamp yesterday :) A little over six months!
Boston's Gun Bible...Javelin Press
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

If your worried about your money being tied up this is NOT the game for you. I understand the one stop shop thing would be cool but that is just not the way it is. Hopefully your local sheriff is not getting sick of the NFA world and will start charging a paperwork fee. It is good to hear the you have your long awaited item but you should have been buying more items while waiting. LOL If I have timed it right I should receive one a month for the next year give or take.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

2 Days short of 6 months and recieved paperwork back due to improper signiture on citizenship form. Time to start over, Oh well.
"There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those that dig."
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

Blondie wrote:2 Days short of 6 months and recieved paperwork back due to improper signiture on citizenship form. Time to start over, Oh well.

It shouldn't delay it anymore than a couple of weeks.