Just got my form 1 back today and was a bit surprised...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

51ti

Just got my form 1 back today and was a bit surprised...

Post by 51ti »

Mailed 1st week in April & may not be too bad for time considering I forgot to include the form 5330.20...

Glad it's in, but, not surprised by the time -- was however surprised that now I'm convienced that I need to start the form 4 process to purchase a "store bought" one - sort of a state of the art one for some benchmark comparrisons...

Mine will be a rather standard k-baffle type and even if it will be considerable out performed by the new one that's ok... there's still a lot of self-satisifaction in making one yourself... Part of my rationalization is based on Clint Eastwood's classic -- "you gotta know you limitations".

I will likely never have the skills (or the machinery) to equal those currently manufactured.

Now my question - I have been reading and studying this forum for a while and have learned a lot & cleared up many misconceptions... After a lot of research & listening to what owners and others have to say - I am leaning toward purchasing one of the new Essence of Liberty... won't go into all the reasons here as they have undoubtedly been discussed here & there -- but, should I be taking a closer look at another one... or two ??

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Just got my form 1 back today and was a bit surprised...

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

check the usual rimfire suspects.. i think everyone will agree , the best rimfire cans on the market are 22Sparrow, Element, Spectre, Kodiak
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:check the usual rimfire suspects.. i think everyone will agree , the best rimfire cans on the market are 22Sparrow, Element, Spectre, Kodiak/essence
Fixed and good info, cant really go wrong with any of them.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

I would think the key to matching the performance of the professionally manufactured cans is to overbuild one. It's gonna be heavier and longer than a pro can, but I'd imagine you could meet or beat them for performance. It just ain't gonna be as pretty or compact. I've been pondering the idea myself.