Hells ya.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

marsolais

Hells ya.

Post by marsolais »

CLEO signed off on my papers the same day dropped off. No questions asked. Sending papers out to ATF in the morning! Fingers crossed on two months.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hells ya.

Post by Buzduk »

marsolais wrote:CLEO signed off on my papers the same day dropped off. No questions asked. Sending papers out to ATF in the morning! Fingers crossed on two months.
congrats! Don't get discouraged when its not back in 5 months! It seems to be taking a while now!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
marsolais

Post by marsolais »

Buzduk wrote:
marsolais wrote:CLEO signed off on my papers the same day dropped off. No questions asked. Sending papers out to ATF in the morning! Fingers crossed on two months.
congrats! Don't get discouraged when its not back in 5 months! It seems to be taking a while now!

If it is not back in five months I'm going to be making phone calls. I'm an LEO with a secret clearance. Should take no more than a week but I can deal with two months seeing everyone else has to.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

Im mil with a TS and it doesnt matter. Still waited 4 months on my last one.
marsolais

Post by marsolais »

srt-4_uk wrote:Im mil with a TS and it doesnt matter. Still waited 4 months on my last one.

Bitches! :lol:
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Prepare to get out your patient stick, because two months isn't likely.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

srt-4_uk wrote:Im mil with a TS and it doesnt matter. Still waited 4 months on my last one.
CWL, TS, Duffys MVP card - all meaningless. Everyone's forms are treated the same.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

If you are hoping for 2 months you will be disappointed, if you hope for 5 months you might get it sooner than you want.

2 months was not realistic in the good years.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

marsolais wrote:
Buzduk wrote:

If it is not back in five months I'm going to be making phone calls. I'm an LEO with a secret clearance. Should take no more than a week but I can deal with two months seeing everyone else has to.

This has to be a troll...........secret clearance???? LMAO!

I doubt it would make a difference if you were in the secret service.
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

Gotta be either a troll or an ignorant ass. I'm mil also with secret/PRP clearance and I'm on month # 4 right now. Just like all the rest mine, yours, and your mothers form 4's.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
MIDGET

Post by MIDGET »

TROLL! and ASS! What LEO is impressed with his CLEO that signs quickly and with no questions?! Plus what kind of grown (in mind) LEO says " Hells ya" and "secret clearance"?
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I'm still baffled on what even takes 2/3/4 months for this s--t. If you're running it on a trust/corp/whatever, what are they doing? Obviously not a background check if they still make my dealer do it when I pick up the item. Researching the validity of the item you're purchasing? Just trying to make us crazy and not want to go through the process anymore?
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

[/quote]If it is not back in five months I'm going to be making phone calls. I'm an LEO with a secret clearance. Should take no more than a week but I can deal with two months seeing everyone else has to.[/quote]

Plainly stated, he failed police academy and feels inadequate, thus boasting about qualifications he feels he should have.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

The only way to get your Form 1/4 expedited nowdays is to tell the ATF that you're planning on travelling to Mexico upon approval of your form. If you're lucky, they might even offer to pay for your hardware. :lol:

(AKA the Fast and Furious route)
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
igpoobah
Senior Silent Operator

Post by igpoobah »

Wahnsinn wrote:I'm still baffled on what even takes 2/3/4 months for this s--t. If you're running it on a trust/corp/whatever, what are they doing? Obviously not a background check if they still make my dealer do it when I pick up the item. Researching the validity of the item you're purchasing? Just trying to make us crazy and not want to go through the process anymore?
The 9000 forms that got there before yours.

I have this same problem at work in my job as I suspect many of us do. It's simple backlog.
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

I think the OP is inexperienced, not a troll. I was military with a secret clearance, still waited up to six months. I am now a GS employee with a confidential clearance, was told to expect five months when I called. I suspect that an examiner's relative MIGHT get their application moved to the top of the pile, but no one else gets any favors there as far as I know.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Military secret clearances really dont mean much. I have one and it didnt do anything different than the other guys in the unit without one. Especially outside the military, then it really doesnt mean much.
So do police even issue secret clearance's? If so, why, they should not have secrets to keep from the people they are serving.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
BretJ
Silent Operator

Post by BretJ »

1st in 1st out...

Once the form gets to the appropriate examiner it goes into a pile with all the rest. As the processor works through a pile, Form 4 and accompanying documents get reviewed for completeness, finger print cards get sent off for vetting by the FBI and it goes into another pile awaiting FBI report. If it is a trust, I am not sure where it goes but I am sure it is a special place. Then it sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits....and sits. I have a hunch that much of the delay probably comes from the fingerprint search. I can't imagine the thousands of requests the FBI folks get a day. In the eyes of the ATF, we are all miscreants and bear close watching. Some of us just happen to be miscreants with security clearances.
"The opposite of hero is not villain. It is bystander."

"In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty."
Saint Aurelius Augustine

Bret
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

The thing that doesnt make sense to me is that whenever I go and get my fingerprint cards done they have a LiveScan setup right there. If we have to submit our fingerprints everytime, why not let us do it once with LiveScan and have them stored digitaly in an easily accessable system for the ATF examiners to look them up? This would save a tremendous amount of time.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

That would make far too much sense.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I like how this guy says pretty much I'm special I have an ss, and everyone is bashing him. I hate the fact I bought and MG an a suppressor a month apart, the MG is pending as of a week ago and the suppressor isn't at the dealers yet. I called an they told me
5 months from pending WTF?? So there telling my I can just estimate febuary 2012 when I can pick up my MG and around march for the silencer. I understand the back log but I think that's just ridiculous. Sound like the VA to me. Hurry up an wait
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Wahnsinn wrote:That would make far too much sense.
I know, what was I thinking, lol.
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

Here is an explanation as to why he thinks he is so special:

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/view ... 6a9d832ba4

Wow, so you went from unsure you could get the approval for a silencer to "the ability to get approval in 1 week," all in the period of three days. Sounds as if somebody is full of s--t. I don't predict your stay around here will be very long, especially with an attitude and maturity so unfitting of a supposed "DI."
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

I was on double secret probation back in college. I'm hoping this doesn't elicit a deeper background check on me, delaying my wait. My lawyer, Robert Hoover, tells me it won't.
marsolais

Post by marsolais »

For everyone saying I'm trolling, I'm not. This is my first form 4. I have been told a thousand different things about CLEO signing and reasons for disapproval. So when I had my paperwork signed the same day with no questions asked I figured things might have sped up. This is why I came on here.

As far as saying you don't think it would make a difference if I worked for the secret service. Well I hope it does. I worked with them when President Bush came to Stewart. Had a full back ground check and screening done.

And for someone to say LMAO about a secret clearance, you must have never had one because they don't hand them out like candy.

But I'm not going to get into a pissing match in a forum. I was merely just happy that my paperwork came back from the CLEO same day.

Really hope this is not another one of those 1% forums were you have to have 5000 post and be best buds with the mods or you are flamed at every corner.