Liberty Mystic on M/11 9mm

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Liberty Mystic on M/11 9mm

Post by keithinvestigations »

Anyone running this can on an M/11 9mm FA? I just canceled my order with Gemtech for an Mk9k after waiting two months for them to "decide" on when they are going to make another batch. They have no clue. I like the mystic because of the monolithic design and the fact that it can be used on so many hosts. I've two external and one internal gas blocker on my M/11. Hoping that nothing explodes. Mystic is rated for FA so we'll see in about 4 or 5 months.
Davy Keith
este
Silent But Deadly

Re: Liberty Mystic on M/11 9mm

Post by este »

When I was looking to buy one, I learned that Gemtech only makes one or maybe two batches of MK9Ks a year. They don't know when, just whenever they gather enough orders to run them. Stupid business practice, and at least when I was looking to buy one, they didn't even make them there, they had it hired out I was told.

Great can, dumb ordering/building system.

I made a form1 can using a lot of the same ideas as the MK9K. I love it. Although I'm in more money and time than just buying one! So, I don't recommend form1 at all.

I do like the idea of the versatility of the Mystic. However, Gemtech didn't impress me as a company, I am equally hesitant to buy from other small mfgs. That's just a personal choice though, many people seem to be happy with small vendor cans.