Coastal Gun Suppressor rebuild

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Coastal Gun Suppressor rebuild

Post by keithinvestigations »

I have an Ultima 9 mm made by Coastal Gun that will not shoot a group on target. Take it off and I can shoot a perfect 2" group at 10 yards. With it on, I'm all over the target about 4" to 5" group. I don't have a clue what causes this nor do I care to deal with Coastal Gun to correct the problem as their customer service is for all practical purposes non existent.

I would like to get this suppressor rebuilt / re cored by an competent manufacturer who knows what they are doing and can put my rounds on target through the can.

I've contacted Liberty, but they are backed up until next year. I may have to do that but I wanted to see if there were other options.
Davy Keith
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Re: Coastal Gun Suppressor rebuild

Post by copenhagen »

Look for the guy on here: bendersquint He should be able to help you.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

keithinvestigations wrote:I have an Ultima 9 mm made by Coastal Gun that will not shoot a group on target. Take it off and I can shoot a perfect 2" group at 10 yards. With it on, I'm all over the target about 4" to 5" group. I don't have a clue what causes this nor do I care to deal with Coastal Gun to correct the problem as their customer service is for all practical purposes non existent.

I would like to get this suppressor rebuilt / re cored by an competent manufacturer who knows what they are doing and can put my rounds on target through the can.

I've contacted Liberty, but they are backed up until next year. I may have to do that but I wanted to see if there were other options.
PM in the works.

-B
crazy-mp
Silent Operator

Post by crazy-mp »

Will coastal not rebuild their suppressor?
- - - Show Me Guns - - -
------Lebanon MO------
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

keithinvestigations wrote: I don't have a clue what causes this nor do I care to deal with Coastal Gun to correct the problem as their customer service is for all practical purposes non existent.

Don't think he wants Coastal to do a rebuild on his can.

-B
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Post by keithinvestigations »

Bendersquint wrote:
keithinvestigations wrote: I don't have a clue what causes this nor do I care to deal with Coastal Gun to correct the problem as their customer service is for all practical purposes non existent.

Don't think he wants Coastal to do a rebuild on his can.

-B
Coastal Gun is not interested in service after the sale. All they want to do is sell and then forget. You will be hard pressed to get any answer via email or phone. If you do, it is usually one or two word response. The only selling point they have is price. I was suckered into them by my pushy dealer who swears by them. The Ultima can is a piece of trash.
Davy Keith
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

keithinvestigations wrote:
The Ultima can is a piece of trash.
Agreed, alot of people have buyers remorse and several local guys swore by them then when they saw better cans regretted how loud theirs was.

Coastal is all about the sale and not about maintaining a customer/manufacturer relationship.

-B