yankee hill any thoughts

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

coyote1758

yankee hill any thoughts

Post by coyote1758 »

Does anyone have any input on these,30 cal. can.Went to my local gun shop and they said these were good but they are the ones doing the selling.
Last edited by coyote1758 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Re: yankee hill

Post by Schulze »

Some people who have them like them, but they are heavy. What they do have is great durability and cheap mount options.
45shooter
Silent Operator

Re: yankee hill any thoughts

Post by 45shooter »

I've got a mite and a cobra m2. Both because thats what the dealer sells. Would have gone with others, but I'm happy with my 2 cans and would grab the phantom too if I could afford it.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

I have a Stainless Phantom 7.62 QD and enjoy it w/out regrets. It all depends on the individual and the weight by which he scores each attribute.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

Have 2 YHM phantoms pending, .308 and 5.56.......Had shot several different manu. cans on several different host. The YHM phantom was just as quiet if not quieter than the other cans shooting supersonic ammo. And with subs the difference was VERY little to our ears. Matter of fact a friend was shooting with us that had just paid almost double for his can, compared to the YHM. In hind sight he wished he would of had bought the YHM, and with the money he would of have saved he could of put into another build. Yea they do weigh a little more.......... but then again I'am not planning on humping this thing around for days on end :D
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

I have one of the earlier non-stainless .308 Phantonm Q.D.'s and I really like the Q.D. mount they sell, they are cheaper than most other brands out there(75.00$.) The down side it that they a heavy as s--t. The on thing I like also is that they are rated for up 300 win mag. I use mine on my AK47, Mosin Nagant, and my .556 SBR. I have to say that they are not as quiet as the higher end .308 cans out there, my AAC Cyclone is WAY queiter than my YHM Phantom. I like both brands and I'm telling you there is a noticable sound difference between the two. I have no regrets buying the Phantom, but there are better sounding cans out there.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly

Post by JC Weaponry »

The 5.56 and 7.62 Phantoms are built like tanks. Good suppressors to not worry about.

Obviously there are better options, but for the price, they are good suppressors.
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

Never had the pleasure of shooting a AAC Cyclone yet, but from the independent testing they are quieter when metered compared to the rest.
http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/show ... 700-AAC-SD
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
Pgtbrow

Post by Pgtbrow »

I love my 5.56 Stainless, and my dad has a 7.62 and he loves his just the same. Its a pretty rugged can imo, albiet a bit heavy.