TIRANT 45 disassembly, can't remove end cap

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

TIRANT 45 disassembly, can't remove end cap

Post by jnitti1014 »

Just got my Tirant 45, love it, it's my first suppressor, and I can't believe how quiet it is! Was expecting much less after reading all the posts on how only .22's even come close to being "Hollywood" quiet.

Anyway, I got one of the takedown tools also, and this can is supposed to be user serviceable (instructions on how to take it apart were included in the box). How much force is required to unscrew this thing? I'm not a small or weak guy and I could not unscrew it. It's still loosens to the left and tightens to the right, right? Has anyone else had this problem? I want to be able to shoot .22 through it without funking it up, and if I can't clean it I can't do that.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: TIRANT 45 disassembly, can't remove end cap

Post by Bendersquint »

jnitti1014 wrote:Just got my Tirant 45, love it, it's my first suppressor, and I can't believe how quiet it is! Was expecting much less after reading all the posts on how only .22's even come close to being "Hollywood" quiet.

Anyway, I got one of the takedown tools also, and this can is supposed to be user serviceable (instructions on how to take it apart were included in the box). How much force is required to unscrew this thing? I'm not a small or weak guy and I could not unscrew it. It's still loosens to the left and tightens to the right, right? Has anyone else had this problem? I want to be able to shoot .22 through it without funking it up, and if I can't clean it I can't do that.
If you can't break it free with your hands then it may not be a user serviceable one. A weak Gorilla installs the caps but should be difficult to crack at all IF it is a user serviceable.

If not then you will need to get it jailbroken.

Alot of the TiRants are said to be user-serviceable but actually aren't, and some that aren't actually are.

-B
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

Are you kidding me? If its supposed to be user serviceable ( dealer MM and instructions in box) will AAC open it for me?

Guess you can't answer that. I'll repost in the correct forum.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jnitti1014 wrote:Are you kidding me? If its supposed to be user serviceable ( dealer MM and instructions in box) will AAC open it for me?

Guess you can't answer that. I'll repost in the correct forum.
Honestly whatever MM says doesn't mean squat, I bought a Gen2 Evo through him a few years ago for a customer and he swore it was a Gen2 and when it came in on a Form3 it was a Gen1, he said sorry and that was it customer was pissed. When I bought my personal Evo before that it came with Pilot instructions in it and nothing about the Evo.

I have seen 2 TiRants come with no instructions and were take apart and 1 that has the instructions and is sealed.

If AAC can look it up via serial number and see that its logged as a take apart then they should take care of you but if its not logged in as user serviceable version then they won't touch it.

-B
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubleajaybrock »

Contact AAC and give them the serial number. They can tell you when it was made and if it was in the run of user serviceable versions or the older.
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

Update, got in touch with AAC, it is a user serviceable can. I got into it by boiling it in water for a few minutes and putting the endcap tool in a vise, twisting the tube against that. This thing is awesome! Put a lot of rounds through it already. The coolest thing I have ever done with a firearm bar none.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

Great news!

But do watch out... now that you're hooked you'll end up buying silencers more often than you think. :lol:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Good news it takes apart. :D

I shoot my Amigos and very impess! :shock:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Boiled mine as well....with the tool in the vise.

Works like a charm.
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

I see an SBS or an SBR in your future.
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

stevejobs wrote:I see an SBS or an SBR in your future.
Who?
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

That was to me, I think, and he was correct!
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

jnitti1014 wrote:That was to me, I think, and he was correct!
Yes, to you my friend. It's the natural progression of things. Then you'll lust for a machine gun but wonder if a new car would be more practical.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

stevejobs wrote:Then you'll lust for a machine gun but wonder if a new car would be more practical.
How can you even consider it......a new car is NEVER more practical :wink:

-B
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

Meh, full auto is impractical and expensive, plus I can have that at work. SBRs and cans are the way to go for me!
BLMJ

Post by BLMJ »

I see you already figured this out on your own. Posted the redundant answer below before reading all replies.

I got my Tirant 9 in early 2011 and it comes apart so very likely yours does too. Serial # on mine is TR087*. Anything made after that certainly will.

However ... it was a bitch to disassemble until I found an easy way that works for me. Use a bench vise with non-marring jaws (plastic, rubber, or use leather cover, etc) to just hold the tool with the silencer body vertical. Suggest rubber jaw covers on the vise when removing the booster side so the rubber flexes and wraps around the end cap a bit. With the silencer body sticking up vertical (make sure it is clean and dry) grip it tight with both hands close to your body and twist. Seems to come apart pretty easily for me this way with no damage to the can.