Rumor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Rumor

Post by Emilio »

A "bird" tell me that a new Specter is coming and it a mono core. :shock:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Rumor

Post by Bendersquint »

Emilio wrote:A "bird" tell me that a new Specter is coming and it a mono core. :shock:
I hope that birdy was smoking crack, and I am hoping that SIlencerco stays with what they have posted about being 2 separate companies still and things don't start bleeding over.

Sigh, took longer than I thought it would have.

-B
m3s90
Senior Silent Operator

Post by m3s90 »

Wife does the NFA stuff for my local dealer. A client had a problem with a Spectre and she contacted SWR. They offered to send a new one with "NEW" internals. She did not ask what the new was.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

m3s90 wrote:Wife does the NFA stuff for my local dealer. A client had a problem with a Spectre and she contacted SWR. They offered to send a new one with "NEW" internals. She did not ask what the new was.
Probably just offered to replace them with virgin baffles.

I highly doubt that SWR er Silencerco would allow a new design to be released before its fully publicly released.

Unfortunately its rare that a manufacturer will do something since even when they ask people not to share it still makes it on the internet somehow.....ask me how I know!

I know several manufacturers are waiting till Shot to release new things, including SWR!

-B
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Emilio wrote:A "bird" tell me that a new Specter is coming and it a mono core. :shock:
How about a Spectre with the half tubes. That would be neet!
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Oh how true, Mr. B., is your observation:

"...Unfortunately its rare that a manufacturer will do something
since even when they ask people not to share it
still makes it on the internet somehow.....ask me how I know!.."

Wise old Nova Scotia saying: " Do not expect someone else to keep
a secret that you could not". :)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

SRM wrote:
How about a Spectre with the half tubes. That would be neet!
That would be cool if you ask me! Still wish they would let other manufacturers use the clamshells, have some neat ideas of how to use them in some pretty unique ways!

-B
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

What about a tri-shell, can you legally do that or does their patent cover that as well?
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

copenhagen wrote:What about a tri-shell, can you legally do that or does their patent cover that as well?
You'd have to prove 'novelty design' as well as prove that the tri shell was a significant improvement over the clamshell. Not to mention S.co's patent application probably uses general terms to describe any type of multi part containment system, therefore barring anyone from using that type of technology
Keep calm, and suppress on
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Being a .22 addict I hope its true. Ive been holding off on the Spectre only because of how old it is and not wanting to have a old model in transfer when a new one comes out. Although i already own 3 .22 thread on cans now I think im going to work on a couple of integrals before another thread on.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I'll be interested if there is an upgrade program.

Otherwise, for me to be interested it would have to blow the SS Sparrow out of the water and I see internal / cannibalization issues with that.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

A quote from Gary. :D
Wrong.
Haha. Hows that for a rumor bust?
I knew the monocore thing would be silly, maybe the "birdy" mean interlocking baffles or shell. :cry:

Still believe a new Spectere is coming out, the original source was so close he could do the slap test. 8)
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Emilio wrote:A quote from Gary. :D
Wrong.
Haha. Hows that for a rumor bust?
I knew the monocore thing would be silly, maybe the "birdy" mean interlocking baffles or shell. :cry:

Still believe a new Spectere is coming out, the original source was so close he could do the slap test. 8)

I would love to know as well.

The baffles already interlock on the Spectre.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

At first I thought, ahh prob just B.S. Then got a harassing e-mail from a crackdealer telling me about all the great new shipments of product coming in. So as I'm reading this three words stuck out "the new Spectres". Nothing else was the "the new" might just be seeing what I want here?