Getting married. Changing my Trust. Help...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Getting married. Changing my Trust. Help...

Post by FSCJedi »

Ok, so I got engaged in September and will be married next September. I used the NOLO online Trust maker to create my trust. I can edit it for up to 2 years after creation. Those two years end in March. I want to add my fiance to my trust, but am unsure of how to write her in. Do I use her current last name, or what her last name will be? Does it matter if it's her maiden name once we get married? Anyone know the in's and out's of this sort of dilemma?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Getting married. Changing my Trust. Help...

Post by lafsnguy »

You shouldn't need the software to amend your trust. Any times I have amended it I simply type up whatever the amendment is sign it date it get two witnesses and get it notarized. It may be over kill but I have never had any problems when submitting the amended trust.
GWL

Post by GWL »

lafsnguy wrote:You shouldn't need the software to amend your trust. Any times I have amended it I simply type up whatever the amendment is sign it date it get two witnesses and get it notarized. It may be over kill but I have never had any problems when submitting the amended trust.
+1 :D
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I know this will fall on deaf ears.....Don't amend the Trust yet. Still too soon, MAYBE....after you're married but not before. Things can change right up to the "I do".....

Edit to add...and we all know they DO change after the "I do". lol
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

Just go ahead and amend the trust and use what her last name will be, then go ahead now and date the amendment for after you get married (since it runs out in March) for say October 1st (or whatever specific date you choose if you already know what day in September you plan to get married on). Then when that day comes (October 1st) go get it notorized.