300 AAC

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

steel
Silent But Deadly

300 AAC

Post by steel »

Ok I started out buying a 9mm TC barrel for my gem tech Raptor suppressor and ended up with a brand new 300 AAC bolt gun :shock: . Now thats it's happened I geared up with the adapters I need to attach the Raptor to the 300 rifle for subsonic shooting for the time being. Depending on the sound reduction I get with the bolt/Raptor setup I may order a new 30 cal suppressor. I am looking for a 30cal suppressor for subsonic ammo use 95% of the time and DB reduction is #1 on my list and the suppressor needs a low first rd pop. Does anyone use a similar 300 bolt gun/suppressor if so what suppressor are you using and any feedback you can offer before I pick/order a new 30cal suppressor.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 AAC

Post by JasonM »

steel wrote:Ok I started out buying a 9mm TC barrel for my gem tech Raptor suppressor and ended up with a brand new 300 AAC bolt gun :shock: . Now thats it's happened I geared up with the adapters I need to attach the Raptor to the 300 rifle for subsonic shooting for the time being. Depending on the sound reduction I get with the bolt/Raptor setup I may order a new 30 cal suppressor. I am looking for a 30cal suppressor for subsonic ammo use 95% of the time and DB reduction is #1 on my list and the suppressor needs a low first rd pop. Does anyone use a similar 300 bolt gun/suppressor if so what suppressor are you using and any feedback you can offer before I pick/order a new 30cal suppressor.

Nice work!

For use on a bolt gun, I'd personally get an AAC CYCLONE or CYCLONE-K. If you are partial to Gemtech, look into a Sandstorm.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

I have mainly been looking at the AAC cyclone, cyclone-k, SDN-6 and gem-tech sandstorm models. These all look pretty nice I think the cyclone Would be the quietest but also the biggest/heaviest of the models listed.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

This is from a short barreled AR15 platform, but...

http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/show ... -300BLK-AR

It's impressive how well the standard 762SD does on that platform.
I'm in the same boat. Can't decide between the QD, and thread on, and like all of the current 762 silencers out there.
I'm leaning towards the 762SD as I don't care too much about the extra length and the ability to use different mounts allows me to put it on more rifles.

Keep in mind, all the above testing was subsonic ammo. If you are shooting supersonic, other silencer may do a better job (The 762SD-N6 is supposed to do really well on short barreled supersonic ammo scenarios, especially for it's size)

Right now, for my 300BLK bolt gun, I'm using my EVO 9 silencer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42G5meh_cl0
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

Thanks for the video looks like we have matching rem 300blk rifles :). Have you tried your 9mm can wet with the 300 bolt gun? I know firing my Raptor wet on a 38sp lever action is very very quiet.
royalflush

Post by royalflush »

I was pretty dead set on the SDN-6, then the SD... now who knows :)
I don't see myself purchasing more than one suppressor for a long while, so I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck. I have actually considered picking up an EVO 9 or similar suppressor so that it would be capable for doing the 300 BLK and the 9mm. anyone know how the eve 9 does on the 5.56? i know the SDN=6 is supposed to be decent with 5.56.
too many options :)
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Evo 9 is 9MM only, not 556. Get a 762SDN6 and stop worrying.