what can do you run on your blk out

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jackson
Silent But Deadly

what can do you run on your blk out

Post by jackson »

will the trident 9 work for the black out or 7.62 be better.i have both an was wondering which would be better and will the same work for the 300 whisper.supersonic an subsonic.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: what can do you run on your blk out

Post by Bendersquint »

jackson wrote:will the trident 9 work for the black out or 7.62 be better.i have both an was wondering which would be better and will the same work for the 300 whisper.supersonic an subsonic.
7.62can would be better option for the 300BLK and with the 762 can you can run supersonic no problem.

-B
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

thanks,
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I'm using the Liberty Mystic both for subs and supers..So far only been metered on a 16 inch barrel but Remington 220 subs were 125 db and the Victory and Freedom are 120..I've decided to keep that barrel at 16 and do another upper because its safe to assume its gonna get louder at 9-11 inches..

Nice thing then is at the end of the day you can use it on 20 other host weapons as well so your not just stuck with a can for one host..

The Major has some numbers posted with the Trident on 300BLK with a 9'' barrel..Not sure if it can handle supersonic though..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

wow....after looking at the mystic why buy anything else?
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Very good question..I've said the exact same thing.. :P ..The Mystic ended up getting alot more use than I had originally ever planned..Made justifying the purchase of a second easy and with the Infiniti hell I may as well just go a little lighter for a duplicate can..Though don't believe that one is rated for supersonic 300BLK..

57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

Chondro wrote:I'm using the Liberty Mystic both for subs and supers..So far only been metered on a 16 inch barrel but Remington 220 subs were 125 db and the Victory and Freedom are 120.
Who metered that?
Chondro wrote:The Major has some numbers posted with the Trident on 300BLK with a 9'' barrel..Not sure if it can handle supersonic though..
http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/show ... -300BLK-AR
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

I was wondering how my current Gemtech Raptor can is going to sound on the 300blk bolt gun I just ordered. I ordered the 3 lug adapter and subsonic ammo it should all be here by this weekend I hope. If it sounds pretty good I may not even order a new 30cal suppressor but if it doesn't I am ordering a Gemtech Sandstorm or AAC Cyclone.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

57fairlane wrote:
Chondro wrote:I'm using the Liberty Mystic both for subs and supers..So far only been metered on a 16 inch barrel but Remington 220 subs were 125 db and the Victory and Freedom are 120.
Who metered that?
Chondro wrote:The Major has some numbers posted with the Trident on 300BLK with a 9'' barrel..Not sure if it can handle supersonic though..
http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/show ... -300BLK-AR
This test was done with a 8" barrel, and the numbers for the 7.62SDN6 (and some of the others) are too far off. AAC publishs 126dB and I got one dB louder...with 300BLK subs...its common to see a small (1dB) difference, but 3+ is a huge red flag.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I have tried the Cyclone-K and Mystic.. The Mystic is lighter and I can't hear a difference with subs. Supers are loud because they are supersonic, with both.. (after shots in the 120-125 or less range supers sold loud) The 5.2 gr of 231 under a 152 M2 Ball bullet loads are hammer falling quiet. Impressed my Police Sgt. The 220 Blue Dot load also but smile on his face.. He liked shooting it.

My Local police Sgt just tried it here at my house and said they HAVE to get one for for the patrol car.

Had the Micro7 fed he would have ordered one on the spot.. But when he tired to feed some factory ammo and it jammed all he said was "well that kills that." "this rifle is perfect for LE use, " and "I want to get an upper in 300 BLK" (he is in charge of weapon orders)

I told him to come back after I get the shim installed but his enthusiasm was less then it was initially. :-(
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

does anybody have the new smith & wesson m&p in 300blk it also shoots the 300 whisper,if so how well do they perform ?
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

I run a Gemtech Multimount on my 8.5in Blackout for subs. Love it. Sounds great and is much lighter and shorter than my .30 caliber can.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

IF I was going to use my Evo-9 on my 300 BLK I would make sure I used a Trilug adapter Keep that in mind. Factory Subs have a lot more wear than a 9mm due to the slower powder. I would want that extra steel blast baffle the TruLig adapter has.

Unless you are shooting handloads with fast pistol powder. (which are a bunch quieter)

Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

I use a Trident-9 for subs and a Triple-X Warrior for subs/supers.

I'm going to try some of the 247 gr lead bullets when I get a chance. I think I'll run them through the CAC-45, since it can be cleaned.
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

I just had my first boxes of hornady 208gr 300 subsonic whisper arrive today. Wow it's a tiny little round for some reason I remembered the 221 fireball case being bigger. :shock: looking at reloading data I have been shooting more powder in my 158gr 38sp subsonic loads than what it shows for the whisper subsonic 220gr load same powder. I am smiling this little 30cal round should sound great suppressed. :D My new bolt rifle arrives Friday, my thread adapter hopefully Sat so I will be ready to warm up the barrel and Raptor suppressor.
sha-ul
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sha-ul »

steel wrote:I just had my first boxes of hornady 208gr 300 subsonic whisper arrive today. Wow it's a tiny little round for some reason I remembered the 221 fireball case being bigger. :shock: looking at reloading data I have been shooting more powder in my 158gr 38sp subsonic loads than what it shows for the whisper subsonic 220gr load same powder. I am smiling this little 30cal round should sound great suppressed. :D My new bolt rifle arrives Friday, my thread adapter hopefully Sat so I will be ready to warm up the barrel and Raptor suppressor.

steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

Pictures! I am still waiting on the 3 lug adapter so no shooting this weekend but the Micro 7, gemtech Raptor, Eolad IR laser/sight and ammo is ready to rumble :D I took a pic of the hornady 208gr whisper ammo, a 38sp and 44sp plus a couple of gen 3 mono's and a FLIR thermal .

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

jackson wrote:wow....after looking at the mystic why buy anything else?

One reason is the hugeness for pistols. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Steel your hosts look awesome!!!!

hugeness Emilio? At least the Mystic is a pistol can that can go on a rifle.. :lol: