liberty Mystic 9mm suppressor (multi caliber purposed-300BLK

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

royalflush

liberty Mystic 9mm suppressor (multi caliber purposed-300BLK

Post by royalflush »

So I was reading on another post, and figured it was relevant for a thread of it's own.
I couldn't find a thread on it solely, so if there is- please point me in that direction and delete this thread.
Couple questions:
126.6 dB average 300 BLK (private study)... 16" barrel and 220 gr rem sub's....
That's pretty quiet for a 9mm can? would any of the experts on this board recommend towards/against it?
I like the idea of it being light, and available to use on the 9mm as well, since I don't see myself being able to buy another can for a while.
Is it "as advertised"? .... I saw on another post someone was getting 120-125dB averages with hand loads I think.... that's freakin quiet.

I don't believe it's rated for 300 BLK supersonic ammo, but I don't plan on shooting that often. I was pretty set on rolling out with an AAC SD or SDn-6 ( with the SD taking the lead due to some recent testing showing it might perform a little better, and it's a little cheaper)

So: If you were only going to have 1 can for the next few years, would you go with a can like the mystic in 9mm so you could shoot pistols too, or would I be better off going with the larger, heavier and more reputable AAC SD or SDN-6?

Edit: the mystic is actually a little longer than both the SD and the SDN-6, so MAIN benefit is option to use w/ 9mm.
Is it truly as quiet as the AAC cans with 300 BLK, though?
Last edited by royalflush on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Re: liberty Mystic 9mm suppressor (multi caliber purposed-30

Post by srt-4_uk »

It would depend on if I shot more pistol or rifle. And the mystic is rated for full power 300blk
royalflush

Post by royalflush »

I don't even own a 9mm with a threaded barrel at the moment. but buying guns and selling them if you don't use them isn't too difficult.
If I had the ability to shoot pistol and rifle suppressed- I'd probably shoot rifle 80% of the time. whatever can I had, would most likely be mounted to the rifle most of the time.
But if the mystic does what it claims- 126 dB, and is lighter, cheaper and "quieter" than the N6 (just going by advertised ratings) and IS also capable of handling the 9mm and full strength 300 BLK ammo- I would be inclined to go that way.
However- if there is a major downfall about liberty (never even heard of them before today) like: products don't hold up, major issues/common problems (poor QC), poor customer service etc... OR if they are just not as quiet as advertised.
I would be very happy with anything that could shoot 300 BLK under 130 dB 90% of the time.
I don't shoot full auto, but i am assuming the mystic can handle heavy semi auto 300 BLK fire? also- what do you guys think about a full powered rifle suppressor being able to be disassembled like the mystic? I've always heard that any self respecting rifle can is welded shut, but I'm new to the game.

I'm purchasing a suppressor when I go back home to NC in a couple weeks, jut got to figure out which one.....
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I have 2 Liberty Silencers.. If you just heard about them today you are missing out on a LOT. The Torch is THE quietest .223 silencer .. and the TL is amazing (I have an Essence which is the all TI version) The TL and Essence are very low blowback .22 silencers. the Essence is freaking QUIET w/o any noticeable FRP.

My Mystic gets more usage than any other silencer I own. 9mm, and 357 subs on my TC (357 MAX actually with 250 gr bullets)

IT is as quiet as my .30 silencer on the rifle but is a bunch lighter. More wiggle room AND you can take it apart to clean it. That way you can shoot cheep lead bullets w/o screwing up your rifle silencer.

I also like my AAC Cyclone-K on my M16, AR15, 260 rem, and 308 rifles.

My Mystic on my Micro7

The Latest Mystic core very well designed. Reenforced baffles to prevent flex with the full power 300 BLK or hot 357 mag.

On my Sig it is the quietest 9mm silencer. It's a little heavy however:

On My High Standard .22 It works but is not as compact as my SilencerCo Sparrow.

And my favorite:

Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79364

The people at liberty are a very stand up group and even my personal experience with them was top notch, they will go the extra mile for you and it shows in how well their products perform.

I sent my Kodiak TL in for repairs and got it back within 5 days and dave covered the shipping there and back for me.
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
royalflush

Post by royalflush »

I can't make up my mind....
My question is: will this can do as good of a job handling 300 BLK supersonic rounds (semi-auto) as the SD/SDn-6 cans.
I just bought a nice G23, and thought about dropping in a G19 threaded barrel to have a suppressed pistol, and get a lot of value out of my "one" can....
Don't know how much I'd shoot it, but maybe some.
I think I'm leaning towards the SD can, unless someone wants to talk me out of it :)
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

I am in the same boat as you. I just bought a new bolt action 300 AAC rifle threaded 5/8x24 and already own a older Gemtech Raptor 9mm tri-lug suppressor. Size wise its about the same as the Mystic around 9"x "1.375 I think the Mystic is a newer design most likely alittle quieter all things being equal. I am getting a new suppressor around first of Jan and am back and forth on a Gemtech Sandstorm or AAC cyclone. I have also be considering the Mystic or newer TI verison of it just because with all the mounts its a real flexable system and more multi use. Alot of which direction I go will depend on how the Raptor sounds on my rifle I was hoping to know this weekend as I have the Rifle,Ammo,Raptor Suppressor but no 3 lug adapter until next week sometime it appears :( .
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

royalflush wrote:I can't make up my mind....
My question is: will this can do as good of a job handling 300 BLK supersonic rounds (semi-auto) as the SD/SDn-6 cans.
I just bought a nice G23, and thought about dropping in a G19 threaded barrel to have a suppressed pistol, and get a lot of value out of my "one" can....
Don't know how much I'd shoot it, but maybe some.
I think I'm leaning towards the SD can, unless someone wants to talk me out of it :)
With hand loads the mystic is stupid quiet. I have one on order (longest time in recorded history) to go on my bolt 300blk but decided on it because I shoot .22 rifle a lot and want to use it on a 16" AR (223) and it does it all! The question is do you shoot 22 a lot? If so get the Mystic !!!!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by steel »

Buzduk is right if you don't have a 22 suppressor you you need to go Mystic. I have three 22 suppressors myself they are my favorite cheap to shoot,super quiet, all kinds of host pistols/rifles out there just a must have item :D
royalflush

Post by royalflush »

on the mystic- what is the difference b/t the 2 mounts (regular and recoil something)
and are those mounts included in the overall 9" added length?
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

royalflush wrote:on the mystic- what is the difference b/t the 2 mounts (regular and recoil something)
The fixed barrel adapter and piston (also known as booster, Lid, Nielson device) add length to the can. If you are using the mystic on a 9mm pistol and you want it to cycle you will need the booster! Some dealers sell piston with can for a combo price. Purchased separately fixed barrel adapters run 75-95 and booster runs 75-100.
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

royalflush wrote:on the mystic- what is the difference b/t the 2 mounts (regular and recoil something)
Look at my pictures.

The sig p226 has the booster, the high standard 22 has the fixed barrel adapter. I have one for 1/2-28 (for my T/C contender) and one for 5/8-24 (for my micro7 300 blk)

My pics show the lengths for you...
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
NinerRider

Post by NinerRider »

royalflush wrote:I don't even own a 9mm with a threaded barrel at the moment. but buying guns and selling them if you don't use them isn't too difficult.
If I had the ability to shoot pistol and rifle suppressed- I'd probably shoot rifle 80% of the time. whatever can I had, would most likely be mounted to the rifle most of the time.
But if the mystic does what it claims- 126 dB, and is lighter, cheaper and "quieter" than the N6 (just going by advertised ratings) and IS also capable of handling the 9mm and full strength 300 BLK ammo- I would be inclined to go that way.
However- if there is a major downfall about liberty (never even heard of them before today) like: products don't hold up, major issues/common problems (poor QC), poor customer service etc... OR if they are just not as quiet as advertised.
I would be very happy with anything that could shoot 300 BLK under 130 dB 90% of the time.
I don't shoot full auto, but i am assuming the mystic can handle heavy semi auto 300 BLK fire? also- what do you guys think about a full powered rifle suppressor being able to be disassembled like the mystic? I've always heard that any self respecting rifle can is welded shut, but I'm new to the game.

I'm purchasing a suppressor when I go back home to NC in a couple weeks, jut got to figure out which one.....

Never heard of Liberty??? I mean I know there are a lot of fly by night can companies out there and who can keep up with them all but Liberty isn't one of them. I own a TL, Essence, Torch with the Mystic on order. I place them up there with the very best cans out there, granted they aren't some of the prettiest cans I own but they are built for the long haul and that is exactly what I want in a suppressor. CS is outstanding, if you don't reach someone on the first call it is unusual, leave a message, I guarantee you will get a call back by the end of business day. Hell I called one Sunday to leave a message for Monday and Stu picked up, I felt terrible but he said thats what his phone was for.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Niner your the man! 8)
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"