Is this just someone talking s--t on AAC.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Is this just someone talking s--t on AAC.

Post by 66427vette »

Last edited by 66427vette on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Re: Is this just someone talking s--t.

Post by jimmym40a2 »

Time will tell...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
mike_0120
Silent But Deadly

Re: Is this just someone talking s--t on AAC.

Post by mike_0120 »

csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

i honestly think this was just destined to happen. look at other companies. the CEO's of the company being taken over typically don't stay long. it happens in Tech a lot. HP took over a lot of companies and the CEO's of those companies are no longer there. The firearms industry will do the same.
wreckdiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by wreckdiver »

That sucks. I remember when CZ took over Dan Wesson. Bob Serva left and eventually founded Fusion Firearms.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

Im guessing this will have a negative impact on AAC. They seem to have a family like atmosphere and when you loose a key role to a corporation it can only stand to reason that the family like role they have, will be lost. It just hurts me to see someone loose something that was obviously his lives passion. Im sure he joined freedom group so that he could see his company grow to his dreams and now it seems as though they have stepped on his feet. Just my $.02.
driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Post by driver6814 »

40mil=New Silencer company with new designs
tctlrld
Silent But Deadly

Post by tctlrld »

I think the big question is does Silvers and Mike Smith stay at AAC?
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

From what I hear, yes it's true. No details yet as to why or what kevin plans to do now.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I predict AAC becomes mediocre over time. Bean counters will peck away for cost cutting in materials, new ideas will be too expensive to try, and steady contracts will be the goal. They might even be "professionally run" right into the ground, once the current stock of good ideas is depleted.

The only hope is that American Rifleman ran an article on silencers, which may mean that Freedom Group is pushing/asking/donating to NRA and others to help get momentum to remove cans from NFA.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
TronZy
Silent Operator

Post by TronZy »

Awwww s--t...
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

That s--t's not right. Unfortunatly it happens all too often. Wonder what happens to the 300BLK if Robert follows him.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I met him at Shot last year seemed like a real nice/ cool guy.
chainring
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chainring »

And I was HOPING to meet him this year at SHOT, myself! That sucks. In the absence of details, I don't know whether to root for him to take all the good people with him and start another company, or what.
SR_JM

Post by SR_JM »

This seems like a real bummer. The company had an identity that really appealed to a lot of people and that could possibly change drastically. I currently do not possess any NFA items due to finances and deployments the past few years (that doesn't mean that I have not been paying close attention) and was just about to jump into the fray with an AAC can. Now I may have to rethink that pending new management.

Would like to hear anything to the contrary but doubt that any info will be released soon as to who will stay and who will go and what the company will look like in six months.
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Ben B. wrote:I predict AAC becomes mediocre over time. Bean counters will peck away for cost cutting in materials, new ideas will be too expensive to try, and steady contracts will be the goal. They might even be "professionally run" right into the ground, once the current stock of good ideas is depleted.

The only hope is that American Rifleman ran an article on silencers, which may mean that Freedom Group is pushing/asking/donating to NRA and others to help get momentum to remove cans from NFA.
This. :(
SC-Texas
Silent But Deadly

Post by SC-Texas »

The culture Kevin created was vastly different than Remington Corp. Culture. Amazing it lasted this long.
http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

wow, i predicted this when the sale was inked and a local board mega D-bag tried to s--t all over it. typical capitalism, im sure he did like the direction his baby was getting ushered towards... or "thats not what we agreed on"... regardless, if talks are true, this will tear the remaining loyals apart.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

The reason why I like AAC so much is because how Kevin ran the company... Well that's over. Will the new AAC do the silencer shoots, blog post and other stuff? I bet not.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Unfortunate ... and a lousy Christmas present for someone!

Things like this often do work out in ways unforeseen by the aggressive party. Hope it does here too. Karma can be a B*tch!
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Not surprised at all, this sucks for us though. Hopefully some good will come out of it and not just for the stock holders with Freedom Group.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

This is really unfortunate and disappointing- I hope things work out but I'm afraid I may never see the HoneyBadger materialize. :(
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I had a case here where a guy sold his company as so many do. As a matter of course there were hundreds of pages of agreements signed. Among those included a "covenant not to compete". The idea being when you buy a company you don't want the brain-trust to immediately leave and set up their own business or work for a competitor... thus destroying the company just purchased.

If the former owner gets “angry” and leaves his continuing employment the covenant not to compete prevents him from working for a competitor or setting up a competing shop.

On the other hand most of these agreements have "triggers" that shorten or dismantle the covenant not to compete immediately upon BUYER-initiated termination of the former owner's employment.

You just read about a “buyer” initiated termination of employment including carefully followed “standard operating procedure”.

I suspect that this is nothing more than theatrics of a larger game, a series of legal events that must be played out.

We could guess what is next… but time will tell.
-----
Ick
TonyT
Silent But Deadly

Post by TonyT »

I have known Kevin since his early days of manufacturing, and while I haven't talked to him in a while, I think I can attest to the fact that he has undoubtedly landed firmly on his feet. The question for cerebrus is : Will the brain trust at AAC go as well? If so, they are sunk.
Don't redistribute my wealth, redistribute my work ethic!