SWR's new suppressors for 2012!!!!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Mageever
Silent But Deadly

Re: SWR's new suppressors for 2012!!!!

Post by Mageever »

Bendersquint wrote:
It is extremely similar to the baffle design we have been using ...

-B
You make baffles? I thought you just jailbroke.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Schulze wrote:I love that low MSRP on the Warlock II. Whoda thought in 2012 you could buy one of the quietest .22 silencers ever for less than $300?

+1

That price is incredibly aggressive for such a great can.
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

The new cans look Great Henry!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Henry/SWR wrote:*Shrug* I have never seen your baffle design. In fact, I thought you just jailbroke existing cans. Regardless, The CTA baffle is not a copy of any existing design. There are a number of features which are unique to this new baffle. Some are apparent in a picture and others may not be recognizable, even when viewed in person.
We do alot more than just jailbreaking.

I am looking forward to getting a Spectre2 stack and seeing the differences between your design and ours. I have no doubt that there are differences.
este wrote: I'd prefer a large pdf split into pages that can be printed and viewed on non-PC devices correctly.

Did you read the rest? And the part about Outkast? Rosa parks. Yea, I figured that might go over most heads. I understand you're disappointed by the new cans, you expect better from them, but you're not them and you don't know what's really going on, but it's not like you have actually seen or heard them yet btw.

That snap together / protected outer is similar to Gemtech, is apparently similar to yours etc. You said maybe you should have patented yours... I highly doubt you could have. It's a common-use product already. I don't care if SWR used YHM's slant baffle or filled it with cotton balls and grape juice, if it sounds good is all I care about.
I agree split .pdf would be better since I am on a MAC and it is kinda a pain to view. Doesn't make sense to me because i know Silencerco uses MAC's as well so maybe its our settings? It will probably make total sense when we see the printed media, its probable a big multi page fold out!

No, I didn't get the OutKast comment, I know they are a band but don't follow them.

No, I haven't seen or heard the Spectre2 stack BUT I do know that if SWR is putting their name on it then it has gotta be good. SWR is an excellent company, makes an awesome product and I don't believe they would downgrade performance for the ease of cleaning. I am very happy with every SWR suppressor I have!!!

The patent comment came from the fact that if we patented it when we designed it wasn't a common-use product but thats the past. But thats not the only thing that would have been patented but hindsight is 20/20 right.
Mageever wrote:
You make baffles? I thought you just jailbroke.
Yes, we do baffles and complete cans as well. We don't have a production line as of yet but working on it so everything is custom one- off's.

I am impressed that the Warlock is under $300MSRP. Thats awesome news. Now an option to upgrade to SS or Ti baffles would be the cat's meow!
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

renegade wrote:
Schulze wrote:I love that low MSRP on the Warlock II. Whoda thought in 2012 you could buy one of the quietest .22 silencers ever for less than $300?
+1

That price is incredibly aggressive for such a great can.
Holy s--t, I didn't notice is was $300, take-apart, stainless threads, hard coat anodized, and !! 3 oz !!.... Wow... suck it surefire, get on with your vaporware.

People might actually recommend the SWR warlock as a serious contender now.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

este wrote:People might actually recommend the SWR warlock as a serious contender now.
+1
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

este wrote: People might actually recommend the SWR warlock as a serious contender now.
It was always a serious contender as far as performance goes, but cleaning it was a hassle since you had to jailbreak it.
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Bendersquint wrote:I agree split .pdf would be better since I am on a MAC and it is kinda a pain to view.
Off topic, but FYI it's Mac, not in all caps. Mac is a shortening of Macintosh, the original name for the computers. PC is capitalized because it's an acronym for Personal Computer. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Ctaylor wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:I agree split .pdf would be better since I am on a MAC and it is kinda a pain to view.
Off topic, but FYI it's Mac, not in all caps. Mac is a shortening of Macintosh, the original name for the computers. PC is capitalized because it's an acronym for Personal Computer. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Seriously?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Bendersquint wrote:
Ctaylor wrote:
Seriously?
heh
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Bendersquint wrote:
Ctaylor wrote:
Seriously?
What? I said it was a pet peeve, just thought you should know. :P
Tram
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tram »

Ctaylor wrote:

aevert

Post by aevert »

Emilio wrote:
Henry/SWR wrote:We will get some baffle pics up soon. That is really something that should be on the website anyway.

Jeeeese Henry! :shock: Looks like I have a old worthless Octane -9 from SC. :mrgreen:
Me too! We're in a very select club. <Fist bump>
winsor
Silent But Deadly

Post by winsor »

Ctaylor wrote:
MAC is a shortening of MACINTOSH. :mrgreen:
░░ in search ☼f the silence ░░ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ n☼ hunting , n☼ killing , just plinking ☼ ☼☼
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Bendersquint wrote:
Ctaylor wrote:
Seriously?
Yeah, seriously.
Bugs the hell out of me too. :)

It's kinda funny how many Mac users are around here and in the silencer industry.
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

I see the Spectre 2 is .22 Hornet rated also,,, 8)
thoppe
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thoppe »

Tram wrote:
Ctaylor wrote:

Hahahaha... that's hilarious!
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

I use a Mac... And an Ipad... And an Iphone
But I aint militant about it.
My prefered "point and click" interface recoils. :lol:
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

What SWR cans still use the Joe Gaddini Omega baffles?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

John Titsworth wrote:What SWR cans still use the Joe Gaddini Omega baffles?
I don't know the meaning, but from the author I suspect this has a suggestive implication. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like at first glance.

Did Joe Gaddini not permit SWR to use the Omega anymore? Was SWR/Silencerco tired of paying patent royalties? Whatever it is, your post ranks high on my trollometer.
winsor
Silent But Deadly

Post by winsor »

Here's the new Octane baffles.
░░ in search ☼f the silence ░░ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ n☼ hunting , n☼ killing , just plinking ☼ ☼☼
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

este wrote:
John Titsworth wrote:What SWR cans still use the Joe Gaddini Omega baffles?
I don't know the meaning, but from the author I suspect this has a suggestive implication. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like at first glance.

Did Joe Gaddini not permit SWR to use the Omega anymore? Was SWR/Silencerco tired of paying patent royalties? Whatever it is, your post ranks high on my trollometer.
This "trollmeter" of which you speak is not milspec. It does not have appropriate rise times. Its a-weighted results are inconsistent with independent testing and I strongly suspect it is a digital platform.
:lol:

A little good natured fun.
The Omega is a great baffle. Stay tuned
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

winsor wrote:Image

The new stack stomps ass on sub .300blk
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:
winsor wrote:Image

The new stack stomps ass on sub .300blk

I would hope so.. since clean Omega's didn't do so well in testing on 300BLK, with correct testing equipment anyway... :D
slowfire
Silent Operator

Post by slowfire »

Nice, sounds like the best of both worlds - a new Spectre design that I don't like the looks of (so no buyer's remorse on my current can) plus an opportunity to upgrade baffles at some point. Sweet! :D

Though as others have mentioned, I don't see how the Spectre can get much better noise-wise. I'm always giggly when I get it out to the range on my Savage bolt gun.