Forms expire? CLEO, demo guns, SOT

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

siscokid7

Forms expire? CLEO, demo guns, SOT

Post by siscokid7 »

Edited...did not realize this was a Google searchable forum
Last edited by siscokid7 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Relax, the cuffs are tight because they're new. They stretch out after you've worn 'em a while!"
"Why should men take up crime when there's so many legal ways to be dishonest."
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Re: Forms expire? CLEO, demo guns, SOT

Post by twodollarbill »

As far as I know....you are SOL.
New York is a banned state.
If you do get some form 4's signed.....I would get them framed. :D
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

You need to move to a free state. :D
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Move, brother. Just move.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

With the title of demo guns I think you skipped some parts in there as well as what you wanted to touch on..If you have an SOT then you don't do the form 4 process. Since you can't get Silencers in New York there are no dealers that deal with the public..A form 4 is good for one year after signing..But most will not sign unless its complete including the serial of the item..Some will sign a blank and you fill in the rest later..For New York though that's irrelevant..

So you have to get your FFL/SOT and have no choice but law enforcement sales and I'd imagine that you would have to do it at cost basically just to compete but then at least could have the toys to play..Its alot of work to play as well..Honestly better off moving to a free state..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
siscokid7

Post by siscokid7 »

I'm sorry I should have added that I am a police officer. I have been bugging the nice people at the nfa branch and the local ATF office over here for the past week before even deciding to post here. In NY police officers are exempt from AW ban, civilian nfa item ownership, automatic knives and such. That is one of the reasons I am so interested in becoming an NFA dealer because to my knowledge no other NY officers have done the same. And as far as the demo weapons I wanted to know if a PD wanted to see a demonstration of a weapon system would I have to still get a CLEO signature or not. And if the PD decided to not purchase the weapon do I have to keep it? I think that might prevent me from doing demos because I don't want a large cache of unsellable firearms. Edited...This is a Google searchable forum, I don't want public inquiries into why Police are allowed special privelege over the public. For the record I don't agree with it, but I guess I would be stupid to not take advantage of it.
"Relax, the cuffs are tight because they're new. They stretch out after you've worn 'em a while!"
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I'm glad our state allows peoples to have what the police have. Some states only lack a wall. :cry:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
siscokid7

Post by siscokid7 »

Yes I would love to move to a free state, but my retirement is non-transferable. I am not to far from PA and I swear I can almost smell the freedom when I am near the border. NY is the most liberal state in NA I occupied Poland, I mean America, and unfortunately I am stuck here. So at least I am trying to make the best of it given my current situation. And no I don't want my ffl just to play with toys, I do that at work. Yes NY needs a wall to seperate NYC from the rest of the state. Everything people say about NY is true, but it is my home probably until I die so my options are limited. Thanks guys.
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

Set up a trust outside of the state and do a 5320 every year into the state, if officers are allowed to posses them maybe you can do it that way if there was any kind of hicup with getting them as a resident of NY.
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

siscokid7 wrote:I'm sorry I should have added that I am a police officer. I have been bugging the nice people at the nfa branch and the local ATF office over here for the past week before even deciding to post here. In NY police officers are exempt from AW ban, civilian nfa item ownership, automatic knives and such. That is one of the reasons I am so interested in becoming an NFA dealer because to my knowledge no other NY officers have done the same. And as far as the demo weapons I wanted to know if a PD wanted to see a demonstration of a weapon system would I have to still get a CLEO signature or not. And if the PD decided to not purchase the weapon do I have to keep it? I think that might prevent me from doing demos because I don't want a large cache of unsellable firearms. Edited...This is a Google searchable forum, I don't want public inquiries into why Police are allowed special privelege over the public. For the record I don't agree with it, but I guess I would be stupid to not take advantage of it.
Pm sent