Silencerco Saker First Pics

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencerco Saker First Pics

Post by Fireman1291 »

Wow that can looks great! Diggin the flat end cap and just the whole can looks real clean. Good job silencerco!
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

are the prongs of the flash hider 3 different lengths or is it an optical illusion in the picture?
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

Mongo wrote:are the prongs of the flash hider 3 different lengths or is it an optical illusion in the picture?
3 different . . . pretty sure thats how it doesn't "ring/ping/whatever"
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

aevert wrote:
Gary_SilencerCo wrote:
ChimeraPrecision wrote:Gary I have a quick question. The data sheet major posted said the baffles were "30% stronger than inconel." Could you clarify this for me please? Is the yield strength higher, ultimate stress, abrasion resistance higher??
It is proprietary.
Is it Rearden Metal?
Likely mixed with melted down Russian satellites.
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

57fairlane wrote:
Mongo wrote:are the prongs of the flash hider 3 different lengths or is it an optical illusion in the picture?
3 different . . . pretty sure thats how it doesn't "ring/ping/whatever"
You are correct sir!
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I think I cut one of my flash hiders to see. :mrgreen: Can always even it back out. :D

The can looking like a winner! Love the flexibility.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

My uneducated 'Proprietary Material' WAG:

Baffles MIM'ed from an alloy made by these guys: http://www.stellite.com/
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Post by BookHound »

JasonM wrote:
Bad news- expected to ship in 6 months, hope it will be sooner.

This is the reason I skipped SHOT this year. SHOT has become the show of "look what might be in production maybe this time next year if we're lucky and all the planets align, but here is a cool prototype you can fondle."

I don't intended this as a negative comment towards Silencerco or any other company specifically. This is just a generic statement. I have faith that the Silencerco production versions will match their prototypes, but there really is no telling until we start to see stuff coming off the assembly line. I was fortunate to have a couple prototype Ospreys in my hands for a few months before they went into production and by that time they (Silencerco) had tweaked the already awesome design into something even better. So, I remain hopeful that the Saker will follow suit. That stated, I've been burned so many times by pre-production promises that I just can't bring myself to be the early adopter of anything anymore. I'll reserve final judgement on the Saker for my own hands-on personal experiences. I'm sure it will perform well. Glad to see Silencerco heading to market with a rifle product.

Mark
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I wonder if anyone has tried using aluminum bronze in a can. Granted it doesn't have the yield strength of 17-4 and would be a real PITA to machine...
morpheus
Silent But Deadly

Post by morpheus »

Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

As a top MIT professor teaches in his Engineering Design course
"Everything is Design - be it form, function, or execution".

Silencerco has again earned my approbation of being the
Aston Martin of suppressor design.

Congratulations, much success, and admiration to a great crew
whose prime directive is customer satisfaction.

[And their 'secret' ingredient does not include mixing in Carbon Resin - Skatamium69. :) ]
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

I was at the show and saw this can and thought it was a really unique and cool design but I still don't get why it would help anybody. I tend to have a can in each caliber and have a hard time justifying getting a second. The Silencerco guy said that the extra adapters were $300 each. That to me seems like quite bit unless you have 10 AAC mounts sitting around. And if you do, do you really get anything out of this than you would another AAC?

I get that it's a neat design, but I don't that many scenarios where it would be a big help. I will guess that the majority of buyers of this platform will be first time 556 can buyers and will have no need for the changeable mounting platform.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

robpiat wrote:I was at the show and saw this can and thought it was a really unique and cool design but I still don't get why it would help anybody. I tend to have a can in each caliber and have a hard time justifying getting a second. The Silencerco guy said that the extra adapters were $300 each. That to me seems like quite bit unless you have 10 AAC mounts sitting around. And if you do, do you really get anything out of this than you would another AAC?

I get that it's a neat design, but I don't that many scenarios where it would be a big help. I will guess that the majority of buyers of this platform will be first time 556 can buyers and will have no need for the changeable mounting platform.
Features set. I like the ability for my stuff to adapt to me and what I want. We think other people do too. If you have ever had cans essentially perform great and be obsoleted by a mount, we think this feature will appeal. This can isnt for everybody, and its certainly not aimed at entry level customers, although many will buy it.
Saker is not just about the MAAD mount system though, its got the best stack for longevity, full auto use and SBR use.
The front cap feature will provide new ideas, pproducts and advance the silencer market a generational step. I beleive in innovation , and new ways of thinking. Saker is a system, not one feature. A system we beleive will appeal and be useful to the hardcore NFA customer.
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Gary, do you want to comment on the $300 price tag of adapters? Is this true?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

Gary, I live about an hour north of you is there any way I could come down there and try the Saker on my 10.5 AR15 SBR? :D
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
tcba_joe
Silent But Deadly

Post by tcba_joe »

robpiat wrote:I was at the show and saw this can and thought it was a really unique and cool design but I still don't get why it would help anybody. I tend to have a can in each caliber and have a hard time justifying getting a second. The Silencerco guy said that the extra adapters were $300 each. That to me seems like quite bit unless you have 10 AAC mounts sitting around. And if you do, do you really get anything out of this than you would another AAC?

$300 is a bit expensive for that. But consider the alternatives.

AAC FHs are $100. MBs are $150
SF FHs are $130, MBs are $150
BC 2.0s are $165
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

tcba_joe wrote:

$300 is a bit expensive for that. But consider the alternatives.

AAC FHs are $100. MBs are $150
SF FHs are $130, MBs are $150
BC 2.0s are $165
I think the MAAD mount is overshadowing this can simply just being a good can. I would guess that 98% of rifle cans go to somebody that doesn't already have a can in that caliber. Maybe I am totally wrong. I'd like to hear from somebody who already has a M42k and a surefire that is looking for a third rifle can and is pleased that for $1200 - $1500 he can get something that adapts to his older mounts. I am not saying that it is a bad idea, just that it's not a compelling reason for most prospects to buy a rifle can.

People buy rifle cans on three main attributes. Durability, price, and performance.
CallMeShooter

Post by CallMeShooter »

I am interested in the Saker, I also have a Surefire FA556 and a M4-2000. I want performance first, then durability and weight. I am going to wait at least a year and see how the Saker performs before I make a decision. It will be interesting to see how the Saker pans out. The adaptability is appealing, but not enough so to put the Saker in front of AAC's new SR5. I am waiting on reviews and numbers first for both cans.

Currently I use my different suppressors on different weapons and am happy with it. Both suppressors perform well.
Every knee will bow...
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Post by ATCDoktor »

I'd like to hear from somebody who already has a M42k and a surefire that is looking for a third rifle can and is pleased that for $1200 - $1500 he can get something that adapts to his older mounts.
I do have an M42000 and will not shitcan it for the Saker.

I do, however, have a 762SD and multiple hundreds of dollars worth of 18T mounts that provide less than adequate retention qualities (the can backs off every single 18T mount I have).

No amount of warranty interaction with AAC has been able to cure the problem and am currently stuck with checking the cans position every two rounds to ensure it's locked to the mount.

If in the future Silencerco offers a 30 caliber can (similar in performance with the 762SD) and a MAAD mounting system (that will securely lock onto an AAC 18T mount) I will shitcan the 762SD an opt for their can and not think twice.

In fact, I belive that Silencerco kinda fucked themselves by offering the 5.56 can first.

If they would have brought out a 7.62 can with the MAAD mounting system first, it could pull double duty on 5.56 rifles and everyone who has a problem with AAC's 18T mounting system (M41000's and 762SD's) would have the option to upgrade to a can that stays affixed to their mounts.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

The price of the saker body is 900.00 MSRP
The price of a Q/D mount (51t, trifecta, y mount, etc) is$ 300.00 MSRP
The price of the direct thread maad mount is 150.00 msrp
You can buy it with the mount you want / need right from the start, you do not have to purchase it with our mount if you dont want to.
So the can with your choice of MAAD mounts MSRP's for $1200.00
Then if you choose to buy another q/d it is $300.00 MSRP.
Trifecta includes a flash hider, the others do not.
Hope that answers the question.
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Post by ATCDoktor »

Gary, will the MAAD mount adapt to AAC 18T mounts?
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

We absolutely intend to release an 18 T MAAD mount
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Post by ATCDoktor »

We absolutely intend to release an 18 T MAAD mount
Fabulous.
sgtsmmiii

Post by sgtsmmiii »

I talked to Gary at the SHOT show and he was very approachable and informative. Very nice to talk to. He took the time to talk about the Saker and its various features. I really like the ability to conform the suppressor to my spec's. Even talked about some previous discussions in this forum. :D

Currently have a TBAC in the ATF / NFA pipeline, but I'll probably buy a Saker when they become available.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

sgtsmmiii wrote:I talked to Gary at the SHOT show and he was very approachable and informative. Very nice to talk to. He took the time to talk about the Saker and its various features. I really like the ability to conform the suppressor to my spec's. Even talked about some previous discussions in this forum. :D

Currently have a TBAC in the ATF / NFA pipeline, but I'll probably buy a Saker when they become available.

i would say your statement is very true about Kenny, Josh, and Mike, for example, but Gary? ;)

Actually Gary was not very approachable because he was in meetings almost all week.

Mike walked me through the Saker and i was impressed. I look forward to where this thing goes.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy