Anyone have oddball threads on their CZ 452 American?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Anyone have oddball threads on their CZ 452 American?

Post by GTFord1 »

I got a CZ 452 American 16" last week. I promptly ordered a thread adapter from The Silencer Store, but it didn't fit. They were very helpful in promptly sending out a second one, which I received today, but it doesn't fit either.

The weird thing is, my OEM thread protector fits just fine. Did CZ start putting American-style threads on these at some point? Seems unlikely, as I've never heard of that. I don't have a suppressor yet (hopefully in a few weeks) so I can't test that. However, I know someone locally who can measure the threads this weekend. John told me that my threads might be too tight or something.

Just curious if anyone else has ever had a problem fitting a thread adapter onto theirs. I groan at the idea of having to send it back to CZ.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone have oddball threads on their CZ 452 American?

Post by glocker17 »

Should be 1/2x20
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Guy on Rimfire Central had the same problem, apparently. Said he bought a 1/2 by 20 threading die and ran it over his threads and fixed them.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

We made a batch of 1/2x20-1/2x28 adapters. They are available through acusport and m3
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:We made a batch of 1/2x20-1/2x28 adapters. They are available through acusport and m3
Super, but that's not what my problem is.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

GTFord1 wrote:
Gary_SilencerCo wrote:We made a batch of 1/2x20-1/2x28 adapters. They are available through acusport and m3
Super, but that's not what my problem is.
Havent had any trouble with fit on any of them. Made around 1500 units.. Never heard back on one not fitting. What I am saying is that I know from first hand experience that is is entirely possible that the adapter could be the problem and not the host threads.
Wouldnt be the first time an adapter wasnt threaded right when the barrel was. Not saying thats the issue, but before I started chasing class 3 threads with a class 2 die, I would check the adapter :D
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

They said they tested them on a CZ they have, and it fit (I mailed the first one back.) I doubt they have two of them out of spec...not to mention they're tested anyway. I've seen other people here saying the adapter from TSS worked fine.

This guy seemed to have had the same problem I did:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=433428

For what it's worth...it seems like the adapter threads on to about two threads before stopping. Exactly what the first one did.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Excellent. Just trying to help.
:D
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

Thanks for the suggestions, by all means. Someone I know has a gauge (yes, I realize you can just count them with a ruler) so I'll have him take a look at it this weekend. If my gun's threads are in spec, the die should easily go over them, no? If the adapter doesn't fit after I check and go over them, then I'll try another adapter from elsewhere.
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

post a pic
Go Hoos!!!!
jh1990
Silent Operator

Post by jh1990 »

You should make a post about this in the Silencer Co section. I would have ordered one from you guys if I had known sooner.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Too bad that barrel wasn`t a little longer. I`d cut that s--t off and put the propper thread on there. You could always sbr it!
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

It is, how do you say in your language, fixed.

Took someone who knew what to look for about two minutes to fix. Didn't even have to run a die over it, just about thirty seconds of filing. Apparently some of the threads were mushroomed out. He just ran a file over the threads (on the gun) a few times and it got progressively better until it fit quite easily.

SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

It doesn`t take much of a ding to jam up the works. Glad its better!