Form 4 Now in "Problem Status"

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 4 Now in "Problem Status"

Post by Jt.kline19 »

John4045 wrote:ATF 304-616-4500

You'll need your serial number as well. Now don't be calling everyday. :mrgreen:
Damn you beat me to it!!! :!:
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

sonmtn wrote:How do you know who to call for your progress on the form 4?
i

I try not to bug them for at least 5 months. And all they really tell you is that is "pending" which means it's in the stack.
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

66427vette wrote:Just plain stupid on your part. Zombie s--t is gay. I am going to laugh if it gets "lost".
You sound like child. I wouldn't laugh if anyone's stuff gets lost.

What's with all the hate? Lemmings? Priceless? Some of you need to lighten up a lot. I don't even know what the problem is yet. It could be a signature, in which case, all the haters can bite me. If it's the reason, I'll make the change and send the form back for approval. If it adds a week or two to an already six month process, mailed 8-20-11, then so what. If you're in a hurry, you had better find a different hobby. At least I'm trying to have a bit of fun, whereas mister bathtub, 66427vette, doesn't have the testicles to try.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

Well, OK. Do what you want but I just never thought of a piece of BATFE paperwork as the place to have a laugh. 'Beurocrats' and 'humor' just never seem to pop up in the same sentence. Myself, I fill out the paperwork then have some fun with the toys after the whole process is done. That's just me.
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

It probably had nothing to do with the zombie part.
rockrivershooter84

Post by rockrivershooter84 »

crazy-mp wrote:I have seen one that said neighbors dog :D

I would have to say this ^^ would be less likely to get approved than Zombie hunting but then again I'm not the one that sits in the office with the form 4s up to my elbows.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Sorry as a ffl/sot I just do not play childish/cool guy games with the ATF .

ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

When I file my 1120, my 1040, my quarterly payroll reports... a long gun transfer form..... my driver license renewal.... it is not time to screw around.

That is not being anal, that is not being unreasonably serious. Failing to recognize when it is time to stop being goofball is his right. Have at it. Thst doesn't make everyone that recognizes the mistake an old-fogie stick in the mud.
-----
Ick
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

A sense of humor cannot be expected there.

Some wounds are self inflicted.
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

66427vette wrote:Sorry as a ffl/sot I just do not play childish/cool guy games with the ATF .
I'm sorry too, but you sure do come across as real asshole. Why don't you just leave it alone until I see the letter from ATF.
zulusierra
Silent Operator

Post by zulusierra »

Stout wrote:
66427vette wrote:Sorry as a ffl/sot I just do not play childish/cool guy games with the ATF .
I'm sorry too, but you sure do come across as real asshole. Why don't you just leave it alone until I see the letter from ATF.
U mad?

ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Don't let it bother you now stout. It is history and something to learn from.

I have done many things in my time wondering now that I look back... what was I thinking? Why didn't I consider important matters with the proper weight of clear-thinking?

Oh well.
-----
Ick
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Stout wrote:
Thanks. Never been called an asshole before. It is a well known fact they kick back forms for this and is nothing new and any decent dealer should have know better. Your free to do what you want I just see no use in tying up a 800 dollar purchase with a longer wait time. Can we still be friends? :D
wingnut308

Post by wingnut308 »

Mine didnt go to "problem status". This form is 5+ years old, before the zombie thing got out of hand.

and yes I know "lawfull" is spelled wrong
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

Post by prdubi »

Used FOR ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES on all my forms for the last twenty years.

Never an issue.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

66427vette wrote:Just plain stupid on your part. Zombie s--t is gay. I am going to laugh if it gets "lost".
Man we are so awesome to each other in the gun community. I see this kind of stuff, and the pile ons whenever someone posts about the CCW incidents in NYC and am just saddened. It's like we look for any opertunity to jump on each other like a pack of rabid dogs. Here its "ahhaha. you idiot, I hope your F4 gets lost!" or "you gay douchebag, you gonna wait 6 more months! HA!"

Or for the NYC thing:
"They were stupid taking their CCW to NYC, they *should* go to jail" "idiots like that don't need guns" or "they got what they deserve for being stupid"

Here we sit hoping someones new toy gets denied to them for another 6 months, or the ATF kicks their dog to death and rapes their pregnant wife. We sit behind our keyboard and laugh as people's lives are ruined, possibly their families torn apart, because they made a minor error in the wrong state.

We really are our own worst enemy. :cry:

Maybe its just the "internet factor", where everyone, even normally nice people, become raging douchebags once they get behind a keyboard because its just not the same as calling someone a dumbass to their face, or telling the crying spouse their husband/wife is a retard and deserves to go to prison for asking where to check their CCW weapon.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Actually the author of this memorable sentence was George V. Higgins
in "The Friends of Eddie Coyle", and in the movie Jackie Brown the gun runner
who was nailed by ATF said this to a National Guardsman supplying stolen M16's:

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!".

[ Great motto that should often be highlighted, especially when dealing with
Federal Bureaucracies when submitting applications.]

The bartender/informer played by Peter Boyle was based on Whitey Bulger,
Southie Mobster/Rat.

It has incorrectly been attributed to John Wayne from 'Sands of Iwo Jima".

"And I mean this, Pilgrim!" - John Wayne
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I look at it like this.

You and one of your shooting buddies go out for the evening. He gets drunk and acts like a dork. The next day do you tell him about it and hope he sees the errors of his ways? ...or do you "give him a pass" and figure he learned his own lesson?

Sometimes people need to be told. Other times you just give up and overlook it. With the quantity of people on here and the internet... this is why you get "corrective" responses.

It seems to me that people are angry for many reasons and get some satisfaction venting on someone. On top of that many people get enjoyment out of poking people in the eye.
-----
Ick
burton

Post by burton »

Vette66 is right. You might not like his tone or phrasing, but he is dead-on.

Not hiding behind a keyboard either. Dumb is dumb. No need to tiptoe.

Zombie stuff is embarrassingly lame. Beyond played out... Putting it on a form 4 is even lamer.

And no, I'm not laughing at your possible misfortune. Its not even funny. Its embarrassing is what it is...reading your post actually caused waves of embarrassment for you to wash over my mid-section.

Then you proceed to talk 'testicles'...Newsflash, being 'silly' on official forms isn't funny, witty, or cool...and has zero to do with testicular fortitude. And no, I'd have no problem telling that to anyone's face. And no, I am not an internet tough guy or bully. Simply put...sometimes forum goers do dumb things and get called out. This would be one of those times.
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

bp_968 wrote:
Man we are so awesome to each other in the gun community. I see this kind of stuff, and the pile ons whenever someone posts about the CCW incidents in NYC and am just saddened. It's like we look for any opertunity to jump on each other like a pack of rabid dogs. Here its "ahhaha. you idiot, I hope your F4 gets lost!" or "you GAY douchebag, you gonna wait 6 more months! HA!"

Or for the NYC thing:
"They were stupid taking their CCW to NYC, they *should* go to jail" "idiots like that don't need guns" or "they got what they deserve for being stupid"

Here we sit hoping someones new toy gets denied to them for another 6 months, or the ATF kicks their dog to death and rapes their pregnant wife. We sit behind our keyboard and laugh as people's lives are ruined, possibly their families torn apart, because they made a minor error in the wrong state.

We really are our own worst enemy. :cry:

Maybe its just the "internet factor", where everyone, even normally nice people, become raging douchebags once they get behind a keyboard because its just not the same as calling someone a dumbass to their face, or telling the crying spouse their husband/wife is a retard and deserves to go to prison for asking where to check their CCW weapon.
+1
buxom7657

Post by buxom7657 »

I wouldn't do it. I even think it is somewhat gay, BUT . . .

I strongly dislike the need to fill in a purpose. I strongly dislike that anyone reads the purpose, and I strongly dislike that the ATF would kick it back for a gay purpose being listed. There just shouldn't be this sort of regulation to begin with. I don't like any of the dang regulation associated with something that isn't supposed to be infringed. And yes, I fully understand the concept of infringement and I very much equate a 10 month wait after my tax is paid as pretty near to infringement as it comes.

I am however a realist, GOTO 10.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

I've always thought "Because I couldn't think of anything better to blow 200 Federal Reserve Notes on" would be a fun one...
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

I get my fun from firing suppressed, not from what's on the piece of paper I need to do so legally. As such, I've never even thought about playing around with the form -- I just don't want any more days than absolutely necessary to separate me from my property.

But to each their own. It's a free country. Stout, you put whatever the helk you want on your form. And have fun doing it. You seem to be willing to pay the price, so who are we to tell you otherwise.
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

I personally never have messed around with ANY government, police or legally authoritarian agency. If I have a criticism I work on my equalization under the radar ........ The government is not here to help, they are here to take your money........as much as they can.

That being said I did have an error (misplaced digit ) on a form I, I was notified promptly and respond to the examiner via overnight mail and had my paperwork in three days. Always, perform accurately, concisely and with professionalism.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
firstsuspect32

Post by firstsuspect32 »

How about how much time this takes from the inspector doing his work on the rest of the forms in his pile? If its an honest mistake, and they really dont care about zombies, then its no big deal, honest mistakes happen, but if its wasting his time to be funny, its wasting alot of others time as well. IMHO we all should just do the best to move the process along smoothly. Just my two cents, impatiently waiting for my first toy.