Form 4 Now in "Problem Status"

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Stout
Silent But Deadly

Form 4 Now in "Problem Status"

Post by Stout »

According to my call to ATF this morning, my SND6 form 4 went to a "problem status" and I'll be seeing a letter soon. I hope it's not the reason to own that I used: "Zombie Hunting". I'd really like to have a form that says that.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 4 Now in "Problem Status"

Post by yamatitan »

I can almost guarantee you that is the reason.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

Stout wrote:According to my call to ATF this morning, my SND6 form 4 went to a "problem status" and I'll be seeing a letter soon. I hope it's not the reason to own that I used: "Zombie Hunting". I'd really like to have a form that says that.

Man.....are u serious :shock:
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Why would you even put that...
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

Why not. Others have done it. And since the CDC released "Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" I figured I'd give it a shot. Maybe they grew a sense of hummer, maybe not.

And since I have an approved Form 4 with nothing listed in the reason, I figured they don't care anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to wait for the paperwork to actually see.

And who are you or they to say there will not be a zombie apocalype? 2012 might be just that. Or Revelations come true. Or hell fills up. Just having a bit of fun.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Know a guy that has "CHicks dig it" on his Form 4.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Stout wrote:Why not. Others have done it.
-----
Ick
zulusierra
Silent Operator

Post by zulusierra »

tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Man I do everything I can to keep my forms from taking even longer than they already do to process... no sense f***ing around with my NFA stuff, although I do appreciate your humor.
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

For you
762SD-N6: about $1000
Form 4 Tax Stamp: $200
Pushing your luck to see if the ATF has a sense of humor: about another 30 days or possibly having to resend the F4 ie GIANT pain in the ass

For us

Watching you painfully learn what we all already know: Priceless

You must love hassle and waiting. Personally, I don't. But hey, I like watching football and stand up comedy. Many don't...
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Once you get the letter in the next 30 days this is going to cost you another 6 months after re-applying, isn't it?

That is something like a total of 13 months waiting for a suppressor.

They will eventually refund the first $200 stamp in a few months.... I assume you won't wait for that before re-applying.
-----
Ick
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

If I recall correctly, Texas does not (yet) allow hunting with a silencer. I'm sure you will simply have to clarify that you will only use it for hunting zombies in jurisdictions where that is legal. :roll:
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
rockrivershooter84

Post by rockrivershooter84 »

Next time put (all lawful purposes)
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

I guess I'm a boring person, I just put collector on my forms.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Yep. I put Collection and Investments on mine although I give you credit for trying and if it goes through a pic has to be posted! :D
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

ick wrote:Once you get the letter in the next 30 days this is going to cost you another 6 months after re-applying, isn't it?

That is something like a total of 13 months waiting for a suppressor.

They will eventually refund the first $200 stamp in a few months.... I assume you won't wait for that before re-applying.

The only time I got something back problem status, they sent back both form 4s a sheet explaining the problem and how to correct it and another envelope. The sheet just says if you have to correct something on the form 4, you just draw a line and initial and correct it. it should come back with in the 3 weeks after he corrects it. It won't be another 6 months, the most it did was slow the examiner down by making him send it back.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

your dealer will get the letter for the Form 4 b/c that's who submitted it for you. sometimes, the faster route is to call the ATF, ask to speak to your examiner, most likely you will get their voicemail, but i've been lucky and they've always been good with returning my calls. leave a message w/ your name, Serial #, and phone number. they will let you know exactly what's wrong and what you can do to remedy the problem. lesson learned, good luck!
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

Man.....I'd love to have something unique, but I'm not that ballsy. 4+ months wait is enough for me and anything to put me on their radar is just a no-go. Collection and Investment has worked for me all these years and that's what I'm sticking with. :D
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Stout wrote:According to my call to ATF this morning, my SND6 form 4 went to a "problem status" and I'll be seeing a letter soon. I hope it's not the reason to own that I used: "Zombie Hunting". I'd really like to have a form that says that.
From a Federal Employee's vantage who has to go through the endless piles
of mind-deadening paper work, forms, background checks, supervisors who disrespect them while
thinking of brilliant publicity stunts that enhances their departments reputation with
something like the Fast & Furious, they really appreciate
someone who is willing to pay $200 to sacrifice his application's being completed just to lighten
their day. Bet they even have a list on the wall of clever reasons:

"Defend against the body snatchers; Frighten Goblins on Halloween; Use it
for performing proctoscopies on farm animals; and an unending spate of other clever and
whimsically creative reasons."

Do not get sidetracked by the kill joys here who shudder at your generosity in bringing cheer and
sun shine to the over worked, under appreciated, GS-11's who have to deal
with humorless deadheads who try to be conscientious and submit boring applications.

Now that George Carlin has passed away consider applying for his slot. You already have a good start.

Ref: << http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkPikSrM0U >> :) :) :)
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Does anyone else have anything funny for their reason on the F4? I'd love to see what all else has been approved. :D
crazy-mp
Silent Operator

Post by crazy-mp »

I have seen one that said neighbors dog :D
- - - Show Me Guns - - -
------Lebanon MO------
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Just plain stupid on your part. Zombie s--t is gay. I am going to laugh if it gets "lost".
Last edited by 66427vette on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sonmtn
Silent Operator

Post by sonmtn »

How do you know who to call for your progress on the form 4?
John4045
Silent Operator

Post by John4045 »

ATF 304-616-4500

You'll need your serial number as well. Now don't be calling everyday. :mrgreen:
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

sonmtn wrote:How do you know who to call for your progress on the form 4?
Call the NFA Branch and have you Serial #, Name application was filed under, and Dealer's name transferring to you
NFA Branch Phone # 304-616-4500
You can ask who your Examiner is as well, I always call around 20 days after the check cashes to see what day it went pending, and make a one phone call a month to make sure its still pending. That last part just makes me feel better to make sure nothing change, and kinda hoping I might hear "Approved as of......."
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012