H&K P7 Can?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

PyroGuy

H&K P7 Can?

Post by PyroGuy »

I have an HK P7M13 I would like to put a can on. I remember a few years ago a guy @ Knob Creek that was doing them (External Threading the Barrel) does anyone know who is doing it now ?
este
Silent But Deadly

Re: H&K P7 Can?

Post by este »

Everything I read on the P7 was that it is very finicky, gassy, and clogs the gas system quickly when suppressed. I normally wouldn't think it was that bad, but that was what I read from quite a few different places and people. Then again... That was all on the internet, so it must be true.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

este wrote:Everything I read on the P7 was that it is very finicky, gassy, and clogs the gas system quickly when suppressed. I normally wouldn't think it was that bad, but that was what I read from quite a few different places and people. Then again... That was all on the internet, so it must be true.

I have seen a few P7's suppressed and the owners said it was not the easiest to get it reliable.

They gum up really fast too!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I grabbed a P7 M8 a few months back with the intention of getting it threaded. Thing is a tackdriver with an awesome trigger but just filthy after 50 rounds. Sticking a can on would just make a horrible mess. To bad the Mystic/Infiniti doesn't work like the Kodiak family when it comes to keeping the host clean.. :cry: I'm probably just gonna sell it and move on to another project.
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

Love mine. Really don't have any issue with it clogging up. I use a AAC Phantom.

CSF

I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
PyroGuy

Post by PyroGuy »

LUCKY !
The tackdriver comment is correct. This is, in my opinion, the most accurate and finist pistol I own. Now, that may be like kicking a hornet's nest, but it's true. So, who did your barrel mod? :shock:
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

I have an M8 and an M13. I consider them to be the finest 9mm carry guns ever made.

Who did your bbl work? How is the bbl attached? Threaded? Pinned?
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

It is a fine pistol. I used to shoot IDPA and USPSA matches with mine because it was my carry gun. It is heavy so I switched to a Glock.

I picked up a factory threaded barrel many years ago with the intention of suppressing the pistol, but because it was my carry gun at that time, I didn't want the extra length. And the fact that it was something like $65 each way to ship it to an armorer to get the barrel pressed out and in, I just never changed the barrel. I have no idea how well it would suppress due to the delayed blow back setup. I would be very interested in some db readings or just some feedback on how well it works.
Last edited by Stout on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

PyroGuy wrote:LUCKY !
The tackdriver comment is correct. This is, in my opinion, the most accurate and finist pistol I own. Now, that may be like kicking a hornet's nest, but it's true. So, who did your barrel mod? :shock:

Tornado Tech did the treading on mine. Turn around was about a month. Pretty quick compared to some people.

CSF
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!