Need some help

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Stairwayto7

Need some help

Post by Stairwayto7 »

I am doing my first build and I was wondering if anyone here has ever put a DPMS Mk12 barrel on a VLTOR upper reciever. Both products get great reviews and I was curious to know if anyone had done this before. I have the barrel, just haven't ordered the upper yet. Any advice would be welcomed.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need some help

Post by J Krammes »

The Voltor upper is awesome, but not nessesary especially for an SBR. The MUR would be better served when using a long barrel. As for DPMS... For the time and money you will put into an NFA weapon, get a better barrel. I used Noveske. I don't even know if DPMS has true 5.56 chambers. Do a search on DPMS and make you own decision. In the end it is your money, do what makes you happy, not what the internets tells you to do.

Jk
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
Stairwayto7

Post by Stairwayto7 »

Thanks, the barrel is 18" and is in the "heavy" category. I had a hard time tracking down barrels by themself. Is the Noveske barrel on the pricey side?
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

For some reason I thought you were building an SBR. Yes, Noveske is expensive, but worth it. I actually used White Oak Armament for my Mk12 clone. I have no experience with DPMS, but I have read about enough issues with their products that I would not use them.

WOA http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/p ... 250&page=2

My SPR

@ 100yrds with some Blackhills 77gr SMK's

Jk
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com