New Ti-rant Endcap 51t Mount Idea

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

goteron
Silent But Deadly

New Ti-rant Endcap 51t Mount Idea

Post by goteron »

I have been building an SBR'd Micro 7 and wanted to use both my SDN-6 and Ti-rant 9 (For Subs) There wasnt really a great way to do it, so I designed this. Its not fully complete or validated yet, but initial calculations make me believe its possible, or certainly worth trying.

Build a new endcap that interfaces with the AAC 51t mount so I can leave the 51t Mounted for my SDN-6 and supers, and then switch when I want to save some weight and shoot subs only.

Anyway, the pictures should give you an idea of what I am thinking. I have a new 51t Mount on the way to me now, so I will more accurately model it and my Ti-rant endcap and do some final calcs to see if its possible. If so, I will be giving it a shot.

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Re: New Ti-rant Endcap 51t Mount Idea

Post by jnitti1014 »

Let us know of your successful.m of you sell these I'd be interested in at least one
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

I don't know the legal issues, if any of these parts would constitute "silencer parts" I know AAC wont send ratchets or springs on request....

Mers?

If it is legal / possible, I wont be selling them, I may publish the plans though.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

goteron wrote:I don't know the legal issues, if any of these parts would constitute "silencer parts" I know AAC wont send ratchets or springs on request....

Mers?

If it is legal / possible, I wont be selling them, I may publish the plans though.
Those parts are considered silencers in themselves. You would have to get a ruling from the FTB as well before you do it.

We looked into it and our problem came from the fact that the ratchet is patented therefore we couldn't produce it even if it wasn't controlled. We came up with an alternative that we are getting ready to test that doesn't violate patents or anything.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Thanks, I have another locking mechanism in mind, this sounds like more trouble than its worth though.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

goteron wrote:Thanks, I have another locking mechanism in mind, this sounds like more trouble than its worth though.
Actually it is unless you REALLY HAVE to have that mount work for you. Our design is pretty cool and will sell for sure just not in huge volumes. Works with the T9 and the T45.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Sign me up for a pre-order as long as it doesnt add a lot of weight or length, and uses an un-modified AAC 51t.