School me on the AAC Tirant 9

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bruins2011

School me on the AAC Tirant 9

Post by Bruins2011 »

I'm still decidning on my first can. I like the Liberty Infiniti but I'd like to know more about the AAC Tirant 9. How good is the Tirant9? Is it easy to clean? Does anyone have a Tirant9 and a Infiniti?

Thanks
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Re: School me on the AAC Tirant 9

Post by 57fairlane »

Pretty sure the TiRant is the quietest 9mm can out there . . . I think the weight might be close (titanium core inifiniti) but for sure its much shorter. I think the mystic/infiniti is like an inch and a half or so longer than the TiRant.
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

i would get a osprey 9 or a TM isis9 over the tirant

osprey pretty nifty design, lopro so you dont have to get the stupid high sights that everyone thinks you need on a suppressed pistol

isis 9 pretty much a copy of the multimount but with a monocore that you can take out and clean and it takes all the mounts from the multimount

also they are not AAC which makes them even better
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

57fairlane wrote:Pretty sure the TiRant is the quietest 9mm can out there . . . I think the weight might be close (titanium core inifiniti) but for sure its much shorter. I think the mystic/infiniti is like an inch and a half or so longer than the TiRant.
Im not so sure about the Tirant being quieter to my ears the infiniti has a slight edge but it could be just tone. I would love to see them tested side by side.

To the op if you care about being able to use it on a crap load of calibers get the infinti. If not either will serve you fine and the Tirant will be a tad shorter.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

BLAKE2131 wrote:i would get a osprey 9 or a TM isis9 over the tirant

osprey pretty nifty design, lopro so you dont have to get the stupid high sights that everyone thinks you need on a suppressed pistol

isis 9 pretty much a copy of the multimount but with a monocore that you can take out and clean and it takes all the mounts from the multimount

also they are not AAC which makes them even better
what a completely idiotic and useless post, the OP didn't ask for your worthless opinion about 2 cans he didnt even mention. no one cares that you have bad feelings about AAC cause they hurt your feelings somehow. the osprey doesn't allow for every gun's sights to clear it, that is something that people assumed by the design. to the OP, I do believe the TiRant 9 was the quitest metering 9mm can on a few tests, but you can do the research yourself, it is out there.
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Bruins2011

Post by Bruins2011 »

Thanks for the input. Which can is quieter isn’t really a big deal to me. I’m more concerned about clean ability, quality and longevity. I’m going to have this suppressor for the rest of my life so I want it to last. My LGS hasn’t heard of Liberty cans and suggested the TiRant9. He told me most small shops are small because they’re not very good. This place has a really good reputation for class3 in Maryland. I was shocked that they hadn’t heard about Liberty.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Liberty is a Great company with great products!

If I ever get a 9mm can, its gona be a Tirant. period...
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

TiRant most quiet for the size, Liberty may be more quiet but very long but more uses. Both take apart for clean. ( a must) :D Liberty service is a little better.

It depend on what you want it for. I have A Octaine HD . :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Everyone needs a stamp collection and they are rollin! Focusing on the .22 fer now.

I`m sure Liberty CS is as good or better as .....
Bruins2011

Post by Bruins2011 »

This suppressor will be used on a Glock 19; 9mm AR15 and see limited duty (2 to 3 months) on a Walther P22, 22 AR15. I’ll be picking up a dedicated 22 can shortly after the 9mm can.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Bruins2011 wrote:This suppressor will be used on a Glock 19; 9mm AR15 and see limited duty (2 to 3 months) on a Walther P22, 22 AR15. I’ll be picking up a dedicated 22 can shortly after the 9mm can.
For the hosts you mentioned and for ease of cleaning I'd suggest the SWR Octane9 HD. It meets all your requirements and is very quiet.

I currently have an Osprey and absolutely love it. But, my next 9mm can will be an Octane9 HD. It's super easy to disassemble with the new CTA baffle stack and has many mounting options currently available with more to come.
Last edited by Flipz on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

Bruins2011 wrote:This suppressor will be used on a Glock 19; 9mm AR15 and see limited duty (2 to 3 months) on a Walther P22, 22 AR15. I’ll be picking up a dedicated 22 can shortly after the 9mm can.
Here is what the Infiniti would look like on a Glock 19 and 9mm AR. I love mine.

BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

kapkanimd well obviously AAC took your money and ran they make a crappy product and LaRue has proved it thats why they endorse SF and several other manufacturers over AAC. I would say call LaRue and speak to Alfred but he dont work there anymore. AAC are also a bunch of dicks that have shitty customer service and were rude as s--t at the past two SHOT shows. I mentioned those two cans because one has good metering and a nifty design and the other is very versatile and uses the mounts from the multimount which are pretty much industry standard. If he wants the infiniti i would tell him to get the mystic which is rated for more calibers than the infiniti. So I dont know why my post before got your panties in a bunch this is supposed to be a forum were people come and go to ask for advice and get info not become another arfcom. fucking troll
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
EEdave86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EEdave86 »

I have a tirant 45 and it just made me want a Tirant 9 so I picked one of those up as well. I am not familiar with the Infiniti. I should be picking up my Tirant 9 next month, im excited. And also, AAC customer service is fine with me, they upgraded my prodigy no problem. Their cans are top notch. My three have been great performers.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

get serious, tirant9 is the best 9mm can out there period. no i dont work for aac
NP
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

The Ti-Rant is the quietest metered can. I don't own one, nor do I work for AAC, but the 'independent tests' say the Ti-Rant is the quietest 9mm currently being produced.

I do own an Evo-9, and I do own an Element, so I guess I'm a Kool-Aid drinker. That said, I got them because, respectively, they were both top performers at the time of purchase. The Evo-9 isn't "the best" anymore, but like I said, at the time of purchase they were the top performers.

Let's be honest -- I drank the Kool-Aid because the numbers were good. I didn't lie about the numbers because I drank the Kool-Aid.

Just to add - and maybe I read it wrong - but if you're putting 22 LR through your silencer, it needs to be user-serviceable.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

TROOPER wrote:The Ti-Rant is the quietest metered can. I don't own one, nor do I work for AAC, but the 'independent tests' say the Ti-Rant is the quietest 9mm currently being produced.
those tests dont include all the 9mm suppressors being discussed.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Tirant or Osprey are the only 9mm cans that would be on my list. The Tirant would win for me since it is slightly quieter, user serviceable, and a more traditional design (which I prefer).
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

tirant 9 better 1st rd and maybe 2nd rd pop over osprey 9 - DRY

wet they are the same with osprey having a slight edge.

furthermore some ammos are better with the tirant vs osprey and some are better with osprey.

IMO the only way to decide is non sound qualities
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

ps. I own them both.
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

If I were to do it over again I'd get a 40sw can. 9 sounds very good out of 40 cans and wet you can barely tell. THen you get the bonus of shooting 40sw 180gr - which u can get anywhere.

another one to consider in 9mm would be the SWR octane 9. Only down side I see with osprey is you can not take it apart and clean it. But it's so big inside I seriously doubt you'd need to do that...almost EVER.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Conqueror wrote:Tirant or Osprey are the only 9mm cans that would be on my list.
Why? the Octane easiest of all to take apart dirty and the cheapest. The Liberty probably the most quiet of them all and more versatile .

I say no doubting 4 to choose from. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Until I see meter data that says the Infinity is quieter, I am doubtful, but it is also too long IMO. And the octane is not as quiet as the tirant, even silencerco's data agrees. I own a Liberty can and I like it, but I am not a big fan of buying boosted suppressors from small companies. Too many horror stories about bad pistons, incorrect spring rates damaging hosts, etc.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

you know the mystic/infiniti can use gemtech multimount boosters and adaptors. same with the new TM isis9
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Jack Has The Gout!

Or is it "À chacun son goût"??? :)

As in purchasing on EvilBay, I always go with the seller with
a 100% rating over an 98.2%er. Customer experience trumps
everything.

The Sparrow/Osprey folks set the standard in all categories.
The few other 100%ers also deserve recognition and support.

And an unwelcome observation from someone who has happily walked away
from most confrontations ... and won the unavoidably limited other few ... it is
preferable to passionately disagree without being disagreeable.

Yale physicist best buddy told the following 'biblical' parable of Harold Clayton Urey,
1934 Noble Prize Winner in Chemistry:

Urey went around various conferences presenting his results. Each time devastating
voicing of errors were pointed out. To the surprise of the critics Urey smiled calmly and
was heard to say "thank you, that's nice". Wow, to the audience they would have been crestfallen
if they had been shown similar errors. By the third conference he presented at Yale
he had incorporated all the criticisms and his final paper was roundly cheered.
Noble Prize.

In another life I internalized and co-opted the Urey paradigm. Disarmed non-rated Kiwis, with their mediocre educational
credentialed and their pompous criticisms, and eventually got a win for my team and those we supported.

That's nice. :)