How Hot Can .223 / 5.56 Suppressors Get?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Munk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: How Hot Can .223 / 5.56 Suppressors Get?

Post by Munk »

abinok wrote:I've got a upper on the way from loki that will have a 8" 300 blk barrel, and a 15" cf handgaurd. Someday, when my 762 titanium phantom stamp shows up, it should be pretty cool.
But then again, I'm not a mag dump kinda guy anymore.
Just keep in mind the Loki is rated to 475F, though I don't know how hot the 300 blk will get the suppressor, or how quickly. There isn't nearly as much unburnt power flying into the can like with a short barreled 5.56, so that's a plus. I almost did the 300 blk thing myself, but I don't reload...and at $1 a round for factory ammo, its just way too expensive for me to shoot. Definitely superior to the 5.56 for suppression though (with 220gr subsonic).

I'll be getting a .22lr drop in kit for my super-quite suppressed shooting, and possibly a AM180 drum. Those come in 165, 220, and 275 round configurations (for zombie hunting marathons). And at $8.25, $11, and $13.75 respectively to fill them up with subsonic, it's hard to say no :D
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Random, but some more hotness:

TiTAN-QD after 99 338LM rounds in about 3 mins:

And an M4-2000 from the silencer shoot:

Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Color case hardened titan? That is sexy I have a old 44/40 that is also cch that woudl look great on.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RPM509 »

Man, that Titan QD looks pretty sweet color case hardened like that...gotta wonder, won't this really mess with the metals
after a little bit, specially the lighter steels?

That last one looks like it is sagging a bit, bad photo angle or is it really damaged?
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

RPM509 wrote:That last one looks like it is sagging a bit, bad photo angle or is it really damaged?
Just lens distortion (it's cropped from a larger frame). That thing kept on rocking.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy