Ruger Mark I suppressing options?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

symposium

Ruger Mark I suppressing options?

Post by symposium »

I recently stumbled upon a 1964 ruger mk i at a great price i couldnt refuse. Now i want to suppress it. Ive seen integral suppressors but i havent seen any threaded supressors on any ruger mk series pistol. Im trying to see what exactly my options are when it comes to suppressing this pistols. Any leads would be a great help.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger Mark I suppressing options?

Post by Emilio »

You can do integral but you stuck with one gun and MKI magazines on a $$$ set up. (no bolt hold open)

You be very lucky if these work and center to the bore . Maybe's 25% chance. http://www.muzzlecouplings.com/muzzle_couplings.htm

You can have it threaded (1/2x28-.400) but need a sight or laser grip.

I do this to a beater $75 MKII. :mrgreen:

You can have the barrel swapped but tough to do and $$$ (pressed and threaded) Clark or volquatzen do this.

You can buy a upper but it is the ser# part and cost more than what you pay for pistol.

Or you can buy a rifle upper. :P one of my favorites. :mrgreen: :P

Ruger's can very in spec so fitting can be issue with any option other than stock, I say have it threaded and deal with a sight . JP grips and machine can thread for you with quick turn around time. :D

Do I know Rugers? =Yes. :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

symposium wrote:I recently stumbled upon a 1964 ruger mk i at a great price i couldnt refuse. Now i want to suppress it. Ive seen integral suppressors but i havent seen any threaded supressors on any ruger mk series pistol. Im trying to see what exactly my options are when it comes to suppressing this pistols. Any leads would be a great help.
You SUCK Dooper!!! I would definitely go with a thread on suppressor, Liberty, AAC, Silencerco. Heres a link to a pic of a MKI http://forums.speedarena.com/showthread ... arms/page3
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

The Mk1 actually has a hold open, the safety.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

SRM wrote:The Mk1 actually has a hold open, the safety.

Yes, manual ONLY , not worth spending on a integral. ( like I say ) I only use a MKII or 22/45 Pre III for integral.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

symposium wrote: i havent seen any threaded supressors on any ruger mk series pistol
like this?
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
symposium

Post by symposium »

F--k you Kline-Frog! Lol
Emilio- that rifle kit for the ruger looks really nice, ill definitley take a look at those. And i think im just gonna end up getting it threaded and maybe some crimson trace grips. I really like your set up with your mkii jesse. Thats probably whats gonna end up happening. Thank you to everyone except kline19 because he makes soccer balls to feed his family. :)
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

symposium wrote:F--k you Kline-Frog! Lol
Emilio- that rifle kit for the ruger looks really nice, ill definitley take a look at those. And i think im just gonna end up getting it threaded and maybe some crimson trace grips. I really like your set up with your mkii jesse. Thats probably whats gonna end up happening. Thank you to everyone except kline19 because he makes soccer balls to feed his family. :)
Only at HP225, when you "friends" put signs on you like your a billboard
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

I did this to a MKIII viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79991

I dion't know if you could do simailar to yours

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most